Proposal: Habs taking your garbages

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Hamonic's not an expiring contract, but he can be yours for a half-decent smoked meat sandwich and maybe some escargot if you're feeling generous.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
How are you thinking they will take a bad contract never mind several when they can’t even ice a team due to cap at the moment?

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
How are you thinking they will take a bad contract never mind several when they can’t even ice a team due to cap at the moment?
???
Habs have litterraly 3/4 of their team on covid protocol or injury reserve, the cap hit of the team is close to 20M

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You can have Dekeyser for free, plus will throw in a small curly fry from Arby's. If the boarders are open could even arrange pickup.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I remember when Burkie pretty much did a town cryer that the Leafs were open to take bad caps for picks. Got some late picks out of some creative maneouvers and got Gardner for taking on Lupul, who was broken at the time. Seemed like a heist, Lupul healed enough to play a bit, signed a contract, then broke again. Leafs were in a much worse situation than the habs are currently. Become a bit more common place now.

Wow. Good for you guys. I think this years scouting will be all buggered up due to covid, might find some gems

I laughed at the, "then broke again"!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
:wings
Dekeyser
Johansson or Wallinder
2nd Detroit 2022

:habs
Jeff Petry 20% retained (4M$ cap hit)

Adding Petry doesn't make sense right now for Detroit. Still rebuilding, so giving up picks and taking on a vet player shouldn't be what we are doing. Hakan Andersson is pretty high on Johansson so I don't think he will be traded any time soon.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Flames Monahan what they give Habs to take his contract? Another year at 6.375 million, on pace for 9 goals and 36 points.

Habs sure to move Chiarot and Toffoli, possibility Petry at deadline. Gives us 11 million in cap space.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Flames Monahan what they give Habs to take his contract? Another year at 6.375 million, on pace for 9 goals and 36 points.

Habs sure to move Chiarot and Toffoli, possibility Petry at deadline. Gives us 11 million in cap space.
Flames offer nothing. He's a moveable player.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I want to weaponize the cap space we have right now. Needless to say, we are tanking, so we need assets (picks) for the next draft. Players older than 23 are useless for us.

It's about taking players that you don't want anymore.
The only thing that matter is that they must be on the final year of their contract.
Your return will be "future considerations". Nothing more.
It's a "garbage men" type of service, where contender teams will be able to unload one or two bad contracts, pay us to do it, and wants to acquire better player(s) for a cup run.

We have assets to trade too, if needed (Toffoli, Petry, Edmunson, etc)

So, who's interested? 8)
Montreal are unlikely to doing this.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

I don't see Habs moving Petry / Toffoli as they have term left on their contracts and needed next season.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
A little more detail.
I wouldn't dare.
Obviously a prospect or two which Montreal is interested in plus picks that make up a package worth eating 2 more years of eating Kassian's contract.
That's it.
Not interested in bantering back and forth about whether or not Joe Blow plus 2022 *** pick + 2023 *** pick is fair value.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I wouldn't dare.
Obviously a prospect or two which Montreal is interested in plus picks that make up a package worth eating 2 more years of eating Kassian's contract.
That's it.
Not interested in bantering back and forth about whether or not Joe Blow plus 2022 *** pick + 2023 *** pick is fair value.
So basically a prospect that is never going to make the NHL and some useless 3rd rd pick. Ya you keep him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I want to weaponize the cap space we have right now. Needless to say, we are tanking, so we need assets (picks) for the next draft. Players older than 23 are useless for us.

It's about taking players that you don't want anymore.
The only thing that matter is that they must be on the final year of their contract.
Your return will be "future considerations". Nothing more.
It's a "garbage men" type of service, where contender teams will be able to unload one or two bad contracts, pay us to do it, and wants to acquire better player(s) for a cup run.

We have assets to trade too, if needed (Toffoli, Petry, Edmunson, etc)

So, who's interested? 8)
Haha. That’s cute. Arizona will be taking all of these deals, and there will be none left for anyone else. Go ask Seattle about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad