Post-Game Talk: Habs spank Blues 5-2 in a great collective effort!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's playing well with Thompson and Cousins.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki tomorrow, especially if we get a good lead.

Yeah, that would be a sick line. I wonder if Julien might be open to that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar concerns me the most, he looks lost out there and takes way too many dumb penalties...

He's a bit of a streaky player. The penalties have to stop. But I'm hoping he's just off to a slower start. A bad start, yet on pace for 60 points. But I agree the numbers don't tell the story and the body language isn't great. He's got to play with the same drive and effort as last year.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I'm more concerned with itty bitty Byron.

He doesn't fit with the team anymore, he's wasted on the 4th line as he can contribute with his speed but he needs bigger players to insulate him. He was great as a waiver pickup but with the emergence of Suzuki and the acquisition of Domi last year(pushing Drouin back to the wing) made Byron redundant in our top 9.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He's a bit of a streaky player. The penalties have to stop. But I'm hoping he's just off to a slower start. A bad start, yet on pace for 60 points. But I agree the numbers don't tell the story and the body language isn't great. He's got to play with the same drive and effort as last year.

A lot of the calls on TT have been marginal and often not even called. He's a fierce checker and relentless,just snake bitten to date.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He doesn't fit with the team anymore, he's wasted on the 4th line as he can contribute with his speed but he needs bigger players to insulate him. He was great as a waiver pickup but with the emergence of Suzuki and the acquisition of Domi last year(pushing Drouin back to the wing) made Byron redundant in our top 9.

Pretty much as he is lower now that others have taken a step up. Cousins looks like he can be more beneficial than Byron and with Poehling encroaching,clock might be ticking .

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Pretty much as he is lower now that others have taken a step up. Cousins looks like he can be more beneficial than Byron and with Poehling encroaching,clock might be ticking .

We saw that Byron is an emotional guy with lots of pride , undrafted and been proving people wrong since Junior. He can't be too happy seeing his usage drop and the writing on the wall with Suzuki and company.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm more concerned with itty bitty Byron.

He was getting closer today offensively. I've wanted to move him for a while now because we have a lot of small forwards that are ahead of him. But his trade value must be so low now. He's at worst an excellent 4th liner that can step into the top 9 when needed.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
His hockey smarts are off the charts...with him you can actually see it

tenor.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, that would be a sick line. I wonder if Julien might be open to that.

Julien always likes a defensive player on each line. The thing about Suzuki is, he is also a great defensive player.

So maybe Julien tries Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We saw that Byron is an emotional guy with lots of pride , undrafted and been proving people wrong since Junior. He can't be too happy seeing his usage drop and the writing on the wall with Suzuki and company.

Sad but true,like PB,but the nature of the beast. He can certainly still contribute,many teams need someone like him.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
There is no way we are paying 3.5M for a 7th D when we are already paying nearly 5M for a bottom pairing D...In the AHL.

Good news is he is playing like a real solid #5. He has been excellent, no one is bumping him down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad