Post-Game Talk: Habs spank Blues 5-2 in a great collective effort!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think Folin is more steady. Hopefully Juulsen or Fleury will push Chiarot to the #7 spot soon enough.

There is no way we are paying 3.5M for a 7th D when we are already paying nearly 5M for a bottom pairing D...In the AHL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
4pJ5LW3.gif

And he had so many chances today...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We've got a better record than the leafs through 8 games.

With our division/conference being so strong, we may have to beat out a Boston, Tampa or Toronto caliber team.

I think we'll win tomorrow -not guaranteed on a back to back. We'll have to bring it.

But, I really hope we beat the Leafs next Saturday.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The Blues looked a lot slower than the Habs to me. 2nd-period goals by the Habs did them in. That lucky goal by Gally may have been the turning point.
I think they are complacent. Not really a surprise considering the season they've had. And the frustration is starting to mount up as well. That's why they can't execute their intended style of play with any consistency. Nevertheless, up to a certain point in the second period, they've probably created more scoring chances than we did. I thought we were better in the home game against them.

Reactions: Pickles

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Blues looked like a stereotypical middle-pack Western team - big, lumbering, grindy. They had no answer to the Habs' skating and hustle all over the ice.
A big propsdou to ourselves. Because even we lost some players in this road trip we’ve been resilient. That's the mindset I’m cheering for.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's been a long time since we could say this:
Right now the Habs have a top 10 powerplay with 25.8%

They stopped setting up that Weber shot and it's working, they've become less predictable….been saying that for 2 years now.

And we've just past Toronto in the standings. (Okay they are playing Boston tonight)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My gut tells me that when the Habs are up on their opponent, Drouin's ice-time gets cut. When they are behind, its increased.

I posted the wrong tweet in response to your prior post. It should have been this in respect of Drouin's TOI:

AC guys are saying that the lower ice time probably had to do with the coach sending him a message.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And he had so many chances today...

Well, I do expect mistakes. He's got what, 8 games of NHL experience? I can live with his mistakes, he's on a path and is mature for his age.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well, I do expect mistakes. He's got what, 8 games of NHL experience? I can live with his mistakes, he's on a path and is mature for his age.

He's playing well with Thompson and Cousins.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki tomorrow, especially if we get a good lead.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On a different note, that Doug Wickenheiser biopic on RDS during the intermissions, was so tragic. And then passing away with cancer, so young leaving behind a spouse and kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad