Post-Game Talk: Habs spank Blues 5-2 in a great collective effort!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Cousins is going to give Weal a run for his money to stay in the lineup.

Weal has more offensive flair. But Cousins is more steady and consistent. And he's got as much if not more grit.

Cousins' first two assists were off nice turnovers he created and made a good play to start an attack. Gotta see more of him though.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The cross ice pass was key on the first pp goal too - it was Tatar to Domi cross ice, to Weal in front. That was the much maligned Tatar's...

I'm looking forward to seeing Chiarot-Fleury for a longer sample size. Chiarot's playing steady on the 3rd pair and Fleury was gaining confidence last game. It could be a good pair. The game is becoming faster and faster. Hard for players of Folin's style to be effective. But I like him a lot as a #7.
Yes you proved my point. Tatar riding the coattails of his linemates. The key pass was Domi to Weal. The pass my grandma can make was Tatar to Domi. I'm not saying Tatar is terrible. But his play is below what we could expect from him looking at last year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes you proved my point. Tatar riding the coattails of his linemates. The key pass was Domi to Weal. The pass my grandma can make was Tatar to Domi. I'm not saying Tatar is terrible. But his play is below what we could expect from him looking at last year.

You're grandmother must be pretty good at hockey if she can make cross-seem pp passes - the kind every pk in the league is practicing to stop. :)

Weal fait 1-0 en A.N.

Marc Denis even remarks that Tatar makes a cross ice pass that the Canadiens rarely complete on the pp...

We agree that Tatar isn't as good as last year and that he needs to cut down on the penalties. But I heard he was a non-factor in Vegas. He's our 4th leading scorer (probably right where he should be as our 4th best offensive player behind Domi, Gallagher and Drouin). And has scored some big goals and assists for us this year. He scored our first goal in the comeback against Carolina, and was instrumental in getting that first goal today. I can't consider him a non-factor this year. He's had 6 points in 20 games with Vegas. He already has 6 points in 8 games this year - which puts him on pace for 60 points - which he's never reached in his entire career.

Last edited:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You're grandmother must be pretty good at hockey if she can make cross-seem pp passes - the kind every pk in the league is practicing to stop. :)

Weal fait 1-0 en A.N.

Marc Denis even remarks that Tatar makes a cross ice pass that the Canadiens rarely complete on the pp...

We agree that Tatar isn't as good as last year and that he needs to cut down on the penalties. But I heard he was a non-factor in Vegas. He's our 4th leading scorer (probably right where he should be as our 4th best offensive player behind Domi, Gallagher and Drouin). And has scored some big goals and assists for us this year. He scored our first goal in the comeback against Carolina, and was instrumental in getting that first goal today. I can't consider him a non-factor this year. He's had 6 points in 20 games with Vegas. He already has 6 points in 8 games this year - which puts him on pace for 60 points - which he's never reached in his entire career.
I stand corrected. that was a nice pass!
Points don't always tell the whole story. I do think he's benefitted from his linemates and doesn't carry the play much. Plus the dumb penalties. But still he's been OKAY.

Reactions: 26Mats

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Cousins is going to give Weal a run for his money to stay in the lineup.

Weal has more offensive flair. But Cousins is more steady and consistent. And he's got as much if not more grit.

Cousins' first two assists were off nice turnovers he created and made a good play to start an attack. Gotta see more of him though.

The other option could be to move a winger for a D-Man and then play Cousins - Thompson - Weal together.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Just watched the game... had to wait for kids to go to bed before I could get the remote...
GOod game. And pretty cool that Suzuki score too, not to mention Weal. Cousins and Weal on PP is Clod's wet dream come true.

That pass by KK to Drouin was sick and Drouin's shot finally resembled something that TO, Boston and Tampa snipers routinely kills Price with. Heck of a shot. And KK didn't look out of play on the PP... who knew right? (clearly not Clod).

Anywhoo... pretty good game... except for Folin. He was brutal. Because I couldn't read the internet for the fear of finding out the score I was sure that Clod put Folin in place of Fleury despite what I thought was a pretty good game for him. But looks like he got injured? That sucks. Is Juulsen not ready to come back? Thought he was cleared and doing a conditioning stint with Laval.

Ah well... off to great state of Minnesota tomorrow.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
So this needed to exist...

QshjsRT.jpg

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
sure it's below a CAREER YEAR...

you guys did not believe it, they were all just playing well and were going to improve again this year...

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
A lot of the calls on TT have been marginal and often not even called. He's a fierce checker and relentless,just snake bitten to date.

I still think Tatar ringing Blais' bell hard and earning 2 mins for it helped tilt the ice our way a bit. Blais was throwing himself around in that 1st period until Tatar hit him.

Reactions: angusyoung

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Suzuki will be one heck of an asset for this team. His hockey IQ is off the charts.

This team badly needs another big LW that can put the puck in the back of the net imo. Lekhonen just isn't good enough for a top 6 role. Remember Erik Cole's 35 goal season? That's exactly what our team is missing.

Taylor Hall

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Weal fait 1-0 en A.N.

Imagine that, 6pts in 8 games while playing like shit and amassing all them penalties

when he starts hitting his stride, watch out.........it’s just a matter of time

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Afternoon game. People who dislike Bergevin are still here just like the ones who scratch his back before he goes to bed always are. We’re 4-2-2. Don’t plan the parade yet.
Let the kids play. That’s our only way out of this mess if We can’t sign anyone established because Montreal is unappealing to FA’s as the Berge disciples are constantly telling us. Let the kids play and keep their value high for either the benefit of our own roster or future trade packages.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man, its gonna be awful when they come down and hit a losing streak to miss the POs. Those last two games were so easy that I think no one is really expecting it.

Fact is, the top line sucks right now. The top pair sucks. The 2nd pair sucks.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki will be one heck of an asset for this team. His hockey IQ is off the charts.

This team badly needs another big LW that can put the puck in the back of the net imo. Lekhonen just isn't good enough for a top 6 role. Remember Erik Cole's 35 goal season? That's exactly what our team is missing.

Despite waiting for Caufield, we're still tied for 6th in the NHL in goals scored so far - and we've played 1 less game than many teams ahead of us.

Julien likes to balance out the lines and roll 4 lines. That's why he has Lehkonen on the 2nd line. I have him on my 4th line.

I think the D will tighten up. Hopefully Poehling and/or Caufield will bring some offense to the Domi line - or Byron can get it going. Because right now, nobody's really beating Lehkonen out cleanly.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
and possibly in a way...Drouin. Kid was pretty much written off as even an effective top 6er (for good reasons) now we could be getting the kid that was so hyped pre-draft. That could be huge for us and do a lot in assuaging my tank ambitions.

Lot to look forward to. Early returns are looking good.

We reslly need young top 6 forwards. It's huge. Hope he keeps it up.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Man, its gonna be awful when they come down and hit a losing streak to miss the POs. Those last two games were so easy that I think no one is really expecting it.

Fact is, the top line sucks right now. The top pair sucks. The 2nd pair sucks.

How have Kulak-Petry sucked?

There will be losing streaks. Pretty much every team in the league has them.

We lack good offensive wingers to fill out both the Domi and KK lines. Yet we're 6th in the league in goals, Suzuki is showing signs of coming alive and Poehling is waiting in the wings - and hopefully Byron will find his stride.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How have Kulak-Petry sucked?

There will be losing streaks. Pretty much every team in the league has them.

We lack good offensive wingers to fill out both the Domi and KK lines. Yet we're 6th in the league in goals, Suzuki is showing signs of coming alive and Poehling is waiting in the wings - and hopefully Byron will find his stride.
Team has 6 top 6 wingers but sadly the two of them are used to shutdown the other team (And they fail miserably).

Honestly, Ill be cautiously optimistic and Ill say theres a legit chance this team makes the POs and actually does good, but Julien will have to let go of his old habits if he wants to.

Or hell have to be replaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad