Post-Game Talk: Habs shut out the Laffs in season opener!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Of course they’re aware. My issue is leaving Matheson there because he’s the veteran. It’s dumb.
I don’t believe that’s the only reason - need to remember the org has been very open they plan on using a similar load management strategy w Hutson as Ana did w Carlsson last year. When Hutson rests, Matheson is going to be needed to fill the role - Habs need to keep both in game condition

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Was at the game, a few quick hits because I am old and have to sleep lol

Huge ovation for laine. He looked very emotional. Can’t wait for him to be back.

If armia or Newhook could finish we would have been 3-0 up first 10-12 mins

Barron is shit, some of the passes he makes on the breakout you are thinking wtf are you doing. And so slow to make decisions.

ABB heck of a game, sneaky player, so smart, pesky, loved him.

Please don’t match up Suzuki with Matthews, he never does well.

Hutson is da bomb, so fun to watch. His zone breakouts ate inline anything in our team.

Take Matheson off the pp1.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Of course they’re aware. My issue is leaving Matheson there because he’s the veteran. It’s dumb where as here, the rookie is just WAY better at it.

Then the rookie will just easily take the spot, because it won't be handed over to him. That's how it always worked. This is kind of a non-issue because the Habs want him there and Lane got the stuff to take it, this will be resolved fairly early in the season.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Good start to the "C" Austin Matthews era .

MONTY was a Wall.....congrats on the NHL record, and even more special for us coming against Toronto .

47 save shutout to start season = 47 win season ......lol.....lets goooooooo

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Leafs owned the Habs on faceoffs tonight.

Box Score.jpg

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Fun first period. Hutson should’ve been on that 5v3 with Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield and Dach. Monty was locked in. I was hoping to see more from Dach… not necessarily offense but more of a presence / physicality / strong forecheck.

I think Hutson has a lot more in him than what we saw today.

Reactions: Redux91

Stive Morgan

Pas d'excuses
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Carey was just doing it for show, Thomas was taking it seriously. After Carey dropped him, he made sure he was okay and Timmy appreciated the gesture.

Classic moment.
Arent Price and Thomas pretty good buddies too? Not to get political but both are pretty conservative/libertarian, Price less so than Thomas who was living in a nuclear bunker lol

RandR

May 15, 2011
Wow, I was not expecting a win (and by a PP goal) after the way the preseason went. Montembault of course was terrific, but it was also great team defence as he didn’t have to make any ridiculous saves (just an awful lot of solid ones).

I only watched the second half, and as the game went on the Leafs got better and better and the Habs were chasing the game more and more. I wouldn’t call it ugly though. The Habs did what they had to do against a superior team with multiple stars, and they protected a one goal lead, something that probably wouldn’t have happened a year ago.

Reactions: Adriatic

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Arent Price and Thomas pretty good buddies too? Not to get political but both are pretty conservative/libertarian, Price less so than Thomas who was living in a nuclear bunker lol
Lol Price isn’t conservative at all. He wears cowboy hats, does rodeo, and hunts. Oh and he drives a big truck 😱. I guess that means conservative to some these days 😂

Reactions: lombrek

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Wow, I was not expecting a win (and by a PP goal) after the way the preseason went. Montembault of course was terrific, but it was also great team defence as he didn’t have to make any ridiculous saves (just an awful lot of solid ones).

I only watched the second half, and as the game went on the Leafs got better and better and the Habs were chasing the game more and more. I wouldn’t call it ugly though. The Habs did what they had to do against a superior team with multiple stars, and they protected a one goal lead, something that probably wouldn’t have happened a year ago.
Yeah but the second wave having more and better chances with quicker puck movement 5v4 than our first wave had 5v3 is a HUGE PROBLEM.
Damn near sold the farm after that what was it three posts. :ha:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don’t believe that’s the only reason - need to remember the org has been very open they plan on using a similar load management strategy w Hutson as Ana did w Carlsson last year. When Hutson rests, Matheson is going to be needed to fill the role - Habs need to keep both in game condition
Add to that how Xhekaj can put extra stress on the d-corps given how his style of play will land him in the box — I think Marty should seriously consider playing 7Ds, esp. on B2Bs.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad