Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
1728259598806.jpeg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another kid back in the CHL with a bunch of confidence after a pro camp

Hopefully he gets dealt to a contender at some point soon

I would like him to spend as much time being the guy on his team. I think being the main piece after a number of year of being one of ma y talented players will help him learn to really drive the play more.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Kevin He has impressive stat line to start the season!

Games /Goals/ Assist/ Ponts

4-6-5-11

Best Stereotype ever = Canadian Asian hockey players that are good @ math… and hockey!!!!

11 points in 4 games is ppg of 2.75.

2.75 ppg over 68 games is 187 point season and 102 goal pace.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really great starts (super early but still great) from He, Walton, and Yager. Also, some clips and comments about Frej are very hopeful as well.

Barlow and Lucius need big years for sure. Wondering about this tweet from the Generals though. Are they trying Barlow at centre? Personally I thought his skating was something that really needed improvement.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
He-Man looking like a great pick for sure. At times reminds me of how dominant Ehlers looked in his D+1, absolutely terrifying teams with his speed and puck skills, though He adds that disruptive ability and physicality also.

Can def see him in the TC mix if he keeps up his play (even without the insane counting stats).

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Im super stoked on He. Hell, im stoked on all of our prospects right now, the cupboard aint bare. I like how all of our draft classes have at least one prospect who we can be really excited about. He didn't turn too many heads at the draft but now that hes gone into the season with the confidence he gained from camp I think hes gonna tear it up and start making a serious name for himself

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Went up to Owen Sound to check out the Attack/Knights game. Thought I would give my impressions of Julien.
Came away with 3 assists.
He played 2C in all situations. He was heavily relied upon for faceoffs in which is really good at, as he lost very few.
His awareness on the ice is good, I mean really good. He plays well on both sides of the puck and seems to always be in the right spot. He reads the opponents plays well, intercepting pucks or breaking up plays with his active stick.
He seamlessly covered for his pinching defesemen, forechecks decently well, but not over aggressively on it He was backchecking hard, one being a relentless 2 line stick battle with him coming away with the puck and creating an opportunity the other way, but even when he wasnt able to steal the puck, he was knocking the puck away or tying up the player enough to break up the play.
His skating is good enough, nothing that really stands out but is agile enough for his game style. He did show off one really good burst of speed on a semi breakaway so there is something there.
The only really negative was he did try to do too much entering the offensive sometimes, to break through a few conjested players, one time losing the puck and showing a little frustration in him , then trying to hit an opponent and taking himself out of the play causing an odd man rush. He appeared a little frustrated with himself and leading to one sole lacklustre backcheck.
I would love to see how he would do paired with Cowan and Barkey. Give him a try with some real skill and see what he could do.
My thoughts on his overall game? Although he’s not going to WOW you when he is out there, he will give you an honest 2 way game and will give the coach trust to play him in difficult situations. I never saw him cheat up the ice once. He was always in the play and making a contribution.
I’m not sure if he was eligible for the Moose this year, but think this year in London will be a great year for his development and (was) the right call if so. He seems slender for his height, but isn’t afraid of contact and if he could tack on some size, I “could” see a Lowry(eske) type B6 player.
How he fell into to us in the 5th round, I don’t know.

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
Went up to Owen Sound to check out the Attack/Knights game. Thought I would give my impressions of Julien.
He played 2C in all situations. He was heavily relied upon for faceoffs in which is really good at, as he lost very few.
His awareness on the ice is good, I mean really good. He plays well on both sides of the puck and seems to always be in the right spot. He reads the opponents plays well, intercepting pucks or breaking up plays with his active stick.
He seamlessly covered for his pinching defesemen, forechecks decently well, but not over aggressively on it He was backchecking hard, one being a relentless 2 line stick battle with him coming away with the puck and creating an opportunity the other way, but even when he wasnt able to steal the puck, he was knocking the puck away or tying up the player enough to break up the play.
His skating is good enough, nothing that really stands out but is agile enough for his game style. He did show off one really good burst of speed on a semi breakaway so there is something there.
The only really negative was he did try to do too much entering the offensive sometimes, to break through a few conjested players, one time losing the puck and showing a little frustration in him , then trying to hit an opponent and taking himself out of the play causing an odd man rush. He appeared a little frustrated with himself and leading to one sole lacklustre backcheck.
I would love to see how he would do paired with Cowan and Barkey. Give him a try with some real skill and see what he could do.
My thoughts on his overall game? Although he’s not going to WOW you when he is out there, he will give you an honest 2 way game and will give the coach trust to play him in difficult situations. I never saw him cheat up the ice once. He was always in the play and making a contribution.
I’m not sure if he was eligible for the Moose this year, but think this year in London will be a great year for his development and (was) the right call if so. He seems slender for his height, but isn’t afraid of contact and if he could tack on some size, I “could” see a Lowry(eske) type B6 player.
Great review. Thanks for the coverage!

Reactions: RabidOne

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
As I was reading this, I was thinking this sounds like he could develop into a Lowry replacement down the road. Maybe he learned some things from Lowsy throughout training camp.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad