Post-Game Talk: Habs shut out the Laffs in season opener!

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I don't understand Caufield's positioning in the man advantage. He takes himself out of the play.

Matheson creates nothing from the point. He's just a play resetter.

Slaf should create more mayhem down low, that would get the opponent thinking and the habs could exploit that.
Solution to our 5 on 3 is Hutson . He literally came out of the womb to lead a 5 on 3.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
yeah

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I thought there was a lot of promising signs tonight. Montembault, young d core, dach skated well. I don't know how many times we made a SLOPPY turnover breaking out, but it was beyond bad, but likely a fixable issue.

Caufield needs to get better in his own end.
The sloppy turnover breaking out is very last season. ;)

But I think this game, it was more caused by trying to do a controlled exit or something instead of just dumping it. So bad decision making. While last year, it was just trying to dump it that was failing.

As for Caufield, he was getting bumped off the puck left and right super easily by any of the Leafs. It was a problem last year, but looked even worst in this game.

Reactions: Runner77

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
So...still worry about Hutson's size ???

Maybe one day some people will wake up and finally see that he has a great stick, he has stong legs and he does not fall on the ice at all.

Since 2 years I am a lot more worry about his shot than his size.

The problem is soon enough the teams will let him dance and the defensemen, goaltenders will cheat a bit for the pass cause Hutson is not a treat with his shot.

He will get points cause he is just to good but he needs to offer a double treat to be even more efficient with his passes

He has to work a lot on his shot ine the next 2 Summers.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
So...still worry about Hutson's size.

Maybe one day some people will wake up and finally see that he has a great stick, he has stong legs and he does not fall on the ice at all.

Since 2 years I am a lot more worry about his shot than his size.

The problem is soon enough the teams will let him dance and the defensemen, goaltenders will cheat a bit for the pass cause Hutson is not a treat with his shot.

He will get points cause he is just to good but he needs to offer a double treat to be even more efficient with his passes

He has to work a lot on his shot ine the next 2 Summers.
I was actually really impressed at all the tricks he uses to compensate for his size defensively. Not worried going forward. He’s so smart.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
2 positives - Monty and habs weren't dominated physically. That's it. Rest was bad. They skated with the leafs for the first period and then stopped skating. Basically zero changed since last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad