Post-Game Talk: Habs shut out the Laffs in season opener!

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Is there anything Heineman did good tonight?

At this point I'd just rather Pezzetta in there.

Suzuki was completely invisible. 0 engagement from him. First line as a whole looked rather off at ES.

Dach picked up right where he left off. Which is great.

Hutson won't stop to amaze me. A couple of sluggish plays in his own end, but all in all, the transition plays he makes are just ridiculous.

Barron can't come off the lineup soon enough. Definitely way behind Struble by my evaluation.
As a big Barron supporter, I agree he needs to come out. Stupid and slow decisions.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
1728525060039.jpeg

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
not the prettiest win.. but I'll f***ing take it!!!

what a performance by Monty! a sick goal for Caufield, dach and Slaf with points?! I'll take it for a first game!

We lost these game last year.. and alot of them...so, this is a good sign to see we can win these kinds of games for a change.

any way.. one game down, 81 to go :D

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We were great in 1st, but not a great 2nd period. Awful 1st half of 3rd period. Gutted it out in final 10 minutes.

Outstanding game by Montembeault.

Excellent games by Newhook, Savard, Matheson (defensively) & Xhekaj.

Guhle & Hutson were up and down, but Hutson improved a lot by 3rd period whereas Guhle did not. He's going to need time since he didn't play exhibition games.

Barron does not have a future with us. Struble will be in. D might actually be OK this year once that change happens.

Dach looked rusty. Evans put in a solid effort, but needs to be better on face-offs in big moments.

PK was solid. PP was awful after 1st period.

Montembeault sets a record!

We break Leafs shutout streak, and we break their 5 game winning streak against us.

Outstanding!

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
I genuinely think we get a first round pick out of Savard this year, and maybe even more. I also think this is one spot that is going to be insanely difficut to replace.

Hutson's vision and skills are exceptional, Dach should grow into the rhythm with time hopefully, our forward depth is genuinely a joke going forward, which seems bad for a forward group. Love Evans still though.

Reactions: Gustave

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Want a game by Montembeault. Survived the 2nd and 3rd period but they hung on for the lead.

I double checked when the goalie was pulled it was Dvorak who could have cleared it but was going for the empty net and almost cost the team a goal.

Classic Dvorak. Guy sucks. Evans would have gotten the puck out. He had at least 3 big clears in final minute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad