Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Martin Reway with the 116th overall pick (info in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Lets see , what will the future bring to reway. Few years ago he was a real problem kid. His training effort was minimal, he had always issues with training staff, alcohol and cigarettes were his best friends.
But it turned around in Canada. He is now another person. He said, if he worked harder 2 or 3 years ago, now he will be sure 1st round pick.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Lets see , what will the future bring to reway. Few years ago he was a real problem kid. His training effort was minimal, he had always issues with training staff, alcohol and cigarettes were his best friends.
But it turned around in Canada. He is now another person. He said, if he worked harder 2 or 3 years ago, now he will be sure 1st round pick.

hahaha, this is amazing. If he turns it around then there should be tons of room for improvement. Over a PPG for a rookie could bode very well.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Interesting to hear how awful his attitude was a few years ago. Seems like he's been working hard since making it to North America. Wonder if he can keep the focus up, could be a good story.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Every time I watched Gatineau games, I preferred Reway over Poirier. I just wished he was at least 2-3 inches taller! He is barely 5'8.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Definite skills, but 5'08, 158 lbs?! He has Patrick Kane hands... but even skinny Patrick Kane has 20 lbs on this kid.

Hopefully he hits the gym, gets his weight up around 180lbs, and his game translates into pro.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
and what waas Brendan Gallagher when we drafted him in the 5th round? A small little punk who turned into one hell of a player for us.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Definite skills, but 5'08, 158 lbs?! He has Patrick Kane hands... but even skinny Patrick Kane has 20 lbs on this kid.

Hopefully he hits the gym, gets his weight up around 180lbs, and his game translates into pro.

I'm sure the Habs will work hard with that kid. He's worth it because of the skills.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Reway has great skills. Watched a few Gatineau games this year, his hands are great. Needs to get stronger to have a chance of surviving in the NHL. He's top 6 or bust as his game isn't suited for a bottom 6 role.

Good project and good value for a late pick.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Well, if he's actually 5'10 175, then that's not so bad. Very skilled, very fast.

Andrighetto
Hudon
Reway
Kristo
Lehkonen

I'd wager one of our undersized W prospects makes it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As I said in the draft thread, Reway, for me, is Juraj Mikus part 2. We have to hope it pans out more. CLEARLY, I predict that I will like Reway at the dev. camp. No contest.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As I said in the draft thread, Reway, for me, is Juraj Mikus part 2. We have to hope it pans out more. CLEARLY, I predict that I will like Reway at the dev. camp. No contest.

Mikus looked really good.. didn't he just go back to Slovakia because he was home-sick or something?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Well, if he's actually 5'10 175, then that's not so bad. Very skilled, very fast.

Andrighetto
Hudon
Reway
Kristo
Lehkonen

I'd wager one of our undersized W prospects makes it.

He's not. He's definitely 5'8.

5'10 was the height his agent told Gatineau before they drafted him in the import draft.

When he arrived and they measured him during the camp, he had shrinked at 5'7 1/2... :laugh:

It was reported by the Olympiques beat writer.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

I don't see the comparison you're trying to make

I got to see Mikus a lot playing for the Sags and Reway is definitely more talented.

Mikus played at 19 in the Q alongside a 20 yo Desharnais and was a little over 1 pt per game.

Reway was 17 and played without a real first line center and was also a little over 1 pt per game.

Also, Reway is Tyrion Lannister while Mikus is more like Jaime. In height I mean, not the sister loving thing. :sarcasm:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Always good to have these high end skill guys around. If he makes it stick him with two bigger players and he will do fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad