Habs cut seven plays including Roy

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Too bad, but yes. We have supbar offense, defence and goalies. No PP, and weak PK. Hutson will be the only new bright light if he can survive a full season of NHL trips and games. I am not convinced yet that St-Louis is a NHL caliber coach. Good for P.R. but very underwhelming behind a bench.
I hear this narrative about MSL, but I don't see where it is coming from?
Coaches are only as effective as their Leadership..
From there it is their job to ensure the team develops correctly..
He's done that every single year. What more could he possibly be doing with the players he has? The deadweight that cannot be cut.. the injuries, over and over again..
This is the final year of the tank 4.0. Starting next year he'll be under-pressure to make the playoffs..

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Plus minus is the stat that is useless, not xG. But you got the likes so that's what matters.
Plus-minus is indeed useless. I've petitioned the NHL to award points in the standings for all regular season games to the team that passes your eye test best each game. No more need to count goals scored and goals against considering all the flaws they are affected by.

Goals will be counted in the playoffs, but tie games will no longer go to exhausting overtime. Instead, they will be decided by which team showed more grit during the 60 minutes.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Plus-minus is indeed useless. I've petitioned the NHL to award points in the standings for all regular season games to the team that passes your eye test best each game. No more need to count goals scored and goals against considering all the flaws they are affected by.

Goals will be counted in the playoffs, but tie games will no longer go to exhausting overtime. Instead, they will be decided by which team showed more grit during the 60 minutes.

+/- is only ineffective if you don't have the IQ to comprehend the context within it. Take it with a grain of salt and look deeper than just one player's +/-.

One example is looking at a D core and who has the best +/- and who has the worse. Then look at their minutes and usage. It can show you information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad