2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We probably should be pumping up Kurashev to move at the deadline too. With a 54 point season on his resume and arbitration eligible next Summer, my guess is his agent starts the conversation at 6 million per if he sniffs 50 points again.
If he puts up 50+pts on that 2nd line, he may be worth the money. I don't see that happening though.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
and you're delusional in general, so i guess it evens out.
He is, but Kurashev won't be commanding 5+mil unless he does put up 50+pts on his own line. That's not happening, and if it does, it means he improved big time and would be worth a short term 5+mil.

In a world where Seth Jones makes 9.5, a 50 point Kurashev running his own line is worth 5.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
This is a bottom 4 team even if Bedard puts up 100 points.

IMG_0789.jpeg

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
He is, but Kurashev won't be commanding 5+mil unless he does put up 50+pts on his own line. That's not happening, and if it does, it means he improved big time and would be worth a short term 5+mil.

In a world where Seth Jones makes 9.5, a 50 point Kurashev running his own line is worth 5.
i have no dog in this fight besides seeing musto insulted for one reason or another. if he ends up being wrong it's just bonus points.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Why are y'all making up scenarios?

He's not getting overpaid lol.

He'll be offered 4M at most. Take it or leave it.

He doesn't have leverage.

And there won't be a late 1st round pick on the table for him.
So coming off a 25 point season an arbitrator hands Kurashev 2.25 per when the cap is 83.5 and he is going to take 4 (or leave it lol) with the cap at 92 million and a 56 point season on his resume....math is really hard.

Reactions: GIADF

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So coming off a 25 point season an arbitrator hands Kurashev 2.25 per when the cap is 83.5 and he is going to take 4 (or leave it lol) with the cap at 92 million and a 56 point season on his resume....math is really hard.
They're not going to arbitration with Kurashev

If he doesn't like the offer on the table, they part ways

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
DeBrincat to OTT for a 1st(Korchinski), 2nd(Ludwinski) and a 3rd(Spellacy)…

Dach to MTL for a 1st(Nazar) and a 3rd(Hayes)…

Fleury to MIN for a cond. 1st, ended up a 2nd(Greene)…

Hagel and two 4ths to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, two 1sts(Moore and Boisvert)…

Kane and Zech to NYR via ARI for Welinski, Saarajarvi, 2nd(Misiak) and a 4th…

McCabe, Lafferty and two 5ths to TOR for Anderson, Gogolev, a 1st and a 2nd…

Domi and Wells to DAL for Khudobin and a 2nd…

Stillman to VAN for taking on Dickinsons’ contract and a 2nd(moved)…

2nd to TOR for taking on Mrazeks’ contract and a 1st(Rinzel)…

Taking on Zaitsevs’ contract from OTT for a 2nd(Kantserov) and a 4th…

Taking on Baileys’ contract from NYI for a 2nd…

I’ll wait and see…thanks

DeBrincat to OTT for a 1st(Korchinski), 2nd(Ludwinski) and a 3rd(Spellacy)…

Dach to MTL for a 1st(Nazar) and a 3rd(Hayes)…

Fleury to MIN for a cond. 1st, ended up a 2nd(Greene)…

Hagel and two 4ths to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, two 1sts(Moore and Boisvert)…

Kane and Zech to NYR via ARI for Welinski, Saarajarvi, cond. 1st, ended up a 2nd(Misiak) and a 4th…

McCabe, Lafferty and two 5ths to TOR for Anderson, Gogolev, a 1st and a 2nd…

Domi and Wells to DAL for taking on Khudobins’ contract and a

Stillman to VAN for taking on Dickinsons’ contract and a 2nd(moved)…

2nd to TOR for taking on Mrazeks’ contract and a 1st(Rinzel)…

Taking on Zaitsevs’ contract from OTT for a 2nd(Kantserov) and a 4th…

Taking on Baileys’ contract from NYI for a 2nd…

Reactions: statswatcher

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
if by irrelevant you mean inconvenient for you, yes.
No, it means none of it matters considering, you know, he was a 40 goal, first line player at the time of the trade.

And the GM has nothing to show for giving away that much talent. And I'm not buying into the GM has a clue on how to build a Cup winner until there's actual results backing it up, nor am I buying into the whole "it's Luke Richardsons fault" hate brigade when the guy coached a pathetic Habs team to a Cup final.

The problem is the GM.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
, nor am I buying into the whole "it's Luke Richardsons fault" hate brigade when the guy coached a pathetic Habs team to a Cup final.
First time ever seeing an Asst. coach get credit for coaching a team to a Cup Final. lol

They'll either trade him, or let him go if he is demanding that much, before it gets to arbitration.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
JFieldsOverBedard is is just being contrarian because he's not a Blackhawks fan who pretends to be a Blackhawks fan so that he can antagonize people on this board. Even main board haters would say the DeBrincat trade was good for the Hawks. He turns 27 before the calendar year turns over and his production has declined. Even if they still got Bedard (less likely if DeBrincat and Hagel are around), age wise DeBrincat wouldn't fit into the rebuild from a timing perspective as he's already on a UFA deal. Of course his production post trade is relevant for assessing the trade. If he puts up back to back 100 point seasons, that means he was being undervalued by the Hawks, as is, he was being overvalued by Ottawa. And nobody that isn't a complete fool would write off the 7th and 39th picks in the 2022 Draft and 3rd round pick in the 2024 Draft before those players are even old enough to legally drink in the U.S.

Reactions: statswatcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad