Proposal: Habs & Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
From one bad proposal to a ridiculous comeback.
The point is, it would take a ridiculous overpayment to ship the captain out. He's 26 and produces like a 1st liner while elevating his game in the playoffs.

His league-wide value would be larger than Suzuki or Caufield most likely, anyway.

Reactions: canuckslover10

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Vancouver has zero use for Gallagher (not that he's bad but our top 3 RW's are Boeser, Garland and Hoglander/ Podkolzin). Dickinson also projects to be our 3rd line center (not sure who was so wise as to use a preseason depth chart to predict our lineup) so Poehling adds nothing. At minimum, I'd hope they ask for Suzuki, Savard (replacement for Hamonic if he still wants to sit) and a 2nd.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Vancouver has zero use for Gallagher (not that he's bad but our top 3 RW's are Boeser, Garland and Hoglander/ Podkolzin). Dickinson also projects to be our 3rd line center (not sure who was so wise as to use a preseason depth chart to predict our lineup) so Poehling adds nothing. At minimum, I'd hope they ask for Suzuki, Savard (replacement for Hamonic if he still wants to sit) and a 2nd.
All that for Horvat? Lol. Bo Horvat? Come on man. He’s a great player but Suzuki , Savard and a 2nd?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
All that for Horvat? Lol. Bo Horvat? Come on man. He’s a great player but Suzuki , Savard and a 2nd?

Lol okay, Suzuki should be a required asset in return, then I'd also ask for Kaiden Guhle (1st round pick defenseman who looks like he could be a sizeable all-situations kind of player, and even played on the right side of the ice in certain situations in the WHL) and a pick.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Lol okay, Suzuki should be a required asset in return, then I'd also ask for Kaiden Guhle (1st round pick defenseman who looks like he could be a sizeable all-situations kind of player, and even played on the right side of the ice in certain situations in the WHL) and a pick.
Montreal hangs up the second you ask for Suzuki. Never mind adding to him. The original proposal was awful for Vancouver but you can forget any scenario involving Horvat where you’re asking for Suzuki

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You realize other teams have their own Gm's, their own plans, their own motivations, right? This isn't just trying to fool a bad algorithm into taking unneeded assets for a huge piece like NHL 21.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Habs : Gallagher + Poehling + 2rd 2022
for
Canucks : Bo Horvat

Habs gets their 2nd center while Vancouver gets a great winger that the fans would love and a replacement for the 3rd center line.
once again dead on with the value. i am astonished about your evaluation skills.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Gross. Putrid, even. Canucks laugh at that proposal. After an off-season where they are clearly pushing for playoffs, they trade their captain and make their roster worse, just to aquire redundant pieces and help out the Habs.
Lock this garbage, please

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Lol @ Horvat getting called Vancouver's 3rd line center in the first page, yet he becomes Montreal 2c in the OP. Meanwhille Poehling is the "3c replacement".

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
:laugh:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
How is this still open?

Horvat is the better player, plays center, has the captaincy, is younger, is a better playoff performer, and is somehow on a lower cap hit.

Vancouver has tons of wingers, with 5 top six wingers and Podkolzin on the roster already. If we have Horvat moved, we have no back up for centers when an injury inevitably hits us. Adding Garland and Podkolzin to an already well rounded top six means Gallagher is not a need, or even a want for us.

Vancouver's cap situation is tenuous at best, and we don't have room for the added cost for Gallagher and what ever trinkets are being thrown in to "even the value".

Poeling is not a "replacement" 3rd line center for us, he has played 28 games across 2 seasons. Because he scored a hat trick in his first game doesn't mean he's ready to take a key role on a team the OP has clearly never looked at, even on paper. Especially when we just traded for Dickinson for that exact role.

Montreal has nothing of any interest to Vancouver for Horvat. Petry is too old to be of interest, their forwards are all downgrades or prospects hoping that they improve to what Horvat is doing for us (Suzuki at least nearly matches Horvat's scoring, I will concede), and we're not in the market for futures. Benning's butt is on the line, and we're all in after trading both our last first round picks for immediate roster help. This help are one of the reason Gallagher does nothing for us: Miller and Garland. Any plus you can think of for Gallagher are already covered by the two, but with the incredible benefit of not costing us Horvat, who already has all of Gallagher's assets covered.

Other teams don't exist to farm talent for Montreal.

Vancouver doesn't have any reason to trade Horvat. Zero.

Montreal has nothing of interest to trade for Horvat, as far as Vancouver is concerned.

Vancouver wants to quantify what it has after a busy offseason before making awful trades.

I would also argue that, internally, Horvat is probably our most valuable player.

So can this be closed?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
How is this still open?

Horvat is the better player, plays center, has the captaincy, is younger, is a better playoff performer, and is somehow on a lower cap hit.

Vancouver has tons of wingers, with 5 top six wingers and Podkolzin on the roster already. If we have Horvat moved, we have no back up for centers when an injury inevitably hits us. Adding Garland and Podkolzin to an already well rounded top six means Gallagher is not a need, or even a want for us.

Vancouver's cap situation is tenuous at best, and we don't have room for the added cost for Gallagher and what ever trinkets are being thrown in to "even the value".

Poeling is not a "replacement" 3rd line center for us, he has played 28 games across 2 seasons. Because he scored a hat trick in his first game doesn't mean he's ready to take a key role on a team the OP has clearly never looked at, even on paper. Especially when we just traded for Dickinson for that exact role.

Montreal has nothing of any interest to Vancouver for Horvat. Petry is too old to be of interest, their forwards are all downgrades or prospects hoping that they improve to what Horvat is doing for us (Suzuki at least nearly matches Horvat's scoring, I will concede), and we're not in the market for futures. Benning's butt is on the line, and we're all in after trading both our last first round picks for immediate roster help. This help are one of the reason Gallagher does nothing for us: Miller and Garland. Any plus you can think of for Gallagher are already covered by the two, but with the incredible benefit of not costing us Horvat, who already has all of Gallagher's assets covered.

Other teams don't exist to farm talent for Montreal.

Vancouver doesn't have any reason to trade Horvat. Zero.

Montreal has nothing of interest to trade for Horvat, as far as Vancouver is concerned.

Vancouver wants to quantify what it has after a busy offseason before making awful trades.

I would also argue that, internally, Horvat is probably our most valuable player.

So can this be closed?

Listen, we'll add a 3rd, okay?

Reactions: Edgy

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Montreal hangs up the second you ask for Suzuki. Never mind adding to him. The original proposal was awful for Vancouver but you can forget any scenario involving Horvat where you’re asking for Suzuki

You can forget any proposal asking for Horvat without giving up more than you'd feel comfortable with too.

Reactions: Cogburn

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Its not happening Ownership/Bergevin won't be trading Gallagher .

For Horvat yah they would.

upload_2021-10-4_15-17-28.gif

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I would have liked a player like Gallagher in the past, but that was so Horvat could centre him, not in exchange from him. That will be a no from me.

Reactions: HabsQC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad