Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
A couple of really good players missing tonight against a legit cup contender. Nothing to see here, just get over it and on to the next. People here cray cray!!

If this was a one off id agree

But its essentially the same script every game except the Ottawa game.

completely no structure but this time the goalies were just as bad

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Yup we're gonna lose most of the time against more mature teams with better rosters. People shouldn't be shocked.

For me i expect the losses but its how they are losing

Defensively guys are literally running into each other. They look like Coach Bombay just took over the Mighty Ducks except we are closing in on 3 yrs with this staff. Opposing teams just skate around a bit, the defenseman chases to the blueline then runs into his forward teammate, opens up the slot for a wide open shot

Rinse and repeat

Reactions: Runner77 and Pomee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They don’t lack ‘pride’. If there is something that has been cliché’d, it’s that. I’ve been around NHLers. Got nothing to do with pride.

Right now, the youngest team in the NHL is showing its age. The kids are playing with zero confidence. Blame the vets who are letting these kids get killed. Again. And again.
So they don’t have the right vets?

Reactions: Rapala

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Matheson's contract features (money and terms) are perfect. Which RD is going to come here and have a better impact than this guy for an equivalent contract?
it’s not that simple.

With Matheson leaving Guhle moves to his natural side. I think it will help him immensely. Even if the RD we get isn’t as good as Matheson, it’s someone on the right who can steady things while Guhle and Hutson handle the left.

Although that equation changes if Guhle’s hurt.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
For me i expect the losses but its how they are losing

Defensively guys are literally running into each other. They look like Coach Bombay just took over the Mighty Ducks except we are closing in on 3 yrs with this staff. Opposing teams just skate around a bit, the defenseman chases to the blueline then runs into his forward teammate, opens up the slot for a wide open shot

Rinse and repeat
I have never seen a team get cycled to death like this one. Even crazier, they never make any adjustments. What I find more concerning is I don’t think they have a coaching staff that can actually implement anything else, they are lost.

This is going to be a very long season.

This rebuild is going the buffalo direction.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Since the start of camp the guy just aren’t alert they alway get caught flat footed watching the wrong way not playing to the whistle… that second goal was brutal even if the D were induced in error by Monty how the hell is Monty not ready for the shot… and there was that bad turn over right after the game was basically over right there… That being said we actually had chance but we miss and everything when there way…

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Worst thing about the NHL is players like Trouba have a place in it. It’s too bad they can’t get out of their own way and make the game into something that could be so amazing. It’s eventually (in relatively short order) going to drop behind the MLS in relevance in US.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
The Dach and Newhook playbook of trading picks for reclamation projects is turning into one big yikes.
Hated the Newhook trade when it happened, panned it right away, and was told I was foolish and impatient.

I’ve seen enough of Alex Newhook to know that he’s about as average as it gets, and I’d have rather had the picks.

The makeup of this team continues to drive me insane. Too small, too slow, zero compete, zero toughness, little talent. It was embarrassing seeing all the former great “Lions in Winter” at the game tonight, watching a team that simply sucks.

I know it’s a rebuild, I know we’re young, but our veterans are arguably worse than our young guys. Why don’t we have a Will Cullye type? At least Hughes recognizes the issue, and we have guys like Xhekaj, Tuch, Thorpe, on the way.

Need some size ASAP up front, need some guys to drag us into the f***ing fight. A veteran on defense that can play and help the kids. Sick of losing AND being manhandled at the same time.

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
I miss the big 4 and whoever we had as bottom 2 D.

I watched a bit of the Toronto CBJ game and some dude laid out a Leaf with an open ice hit up 6-2 with 6 mins left. Reaves comes in to send a message, and guess what.. Olivier is there as well to have a chat. Both guys did their job, good to see.

Trouba lays out Barron and man.. MM has to respond? Really?
So what next time they just dress Rempe if we want to send a message? We have no answer at all past Arbs, Pez isn't a heavyweight.

We can't go the rest of the way this soft and pathetic can we????

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Hated the Newhook trade when it happened, panned it right away, and was told I was foolish and impatient.

I’ve seen enough of Alex Newhook to know that he’s about as average as it gets, and I’d have rather had the picks.

The makeup of this team continues to drive me insane. Too small, too slow, zero compete, zero toughness, little talent. It was embarrassing seeing all the former great “Lions in Winter” at the game tonight, watching a team that simply sucks.

I know it’s a rebuild, I know we’re young, but our veterans are arguably worse than our young guys. Why don’t we have a Will Cullye type? At least Hughes recognizes the issue, and we have guys like Xhekaj, Tuch, Thorpe, on the way.

Need some size ASAP up front, need some guys to drag us into the f***ing fight. A veteran on defense that can play and help the kids. Sick of losing AND being manhandled at the same time.

Rangers are not a good test for making any decision. They are at the end of a prime generation followed by a second prime generation for which they are NOT paying the price yet. They will have to adapt in a hurry as they will go over the cap after this year, with Shesterkin and Lafreniere getting their share.

Chicago - Vancouver looked the same as us today. Our younglings still need quite a bit of icetime, that's just what happens in these situations and we'll need to balance grit with talent over time.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So they don’t have the right vets?

Anderson
Dvorak
Gallagher
Armia
Evans
Pezzeta

that may well be the worst group of over 25 forwards in the league.

Matheson & Savard on D is not so bad, but having only 2 dmen over 23 is itself a bad situation if the goal is being competitive every night.

That we have a basement caliber group of vets I thought was obvious and we'll established :dunno:

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We're already last in the Division. Detroit has 6 pts. We have 5.

We're 3rd last in Conference. Carolina is one point back but they have 3 games in hand (currently losing to Edmonton 2-0 after 2, so they may not pass us tonight).

Philadelphia is 2 pts back. They're really bad, too. Battle of the Basement on Sunday.

Yeah, so Carolina came back to beat Edmonton. Lol

It's Philadelphia & Montreal at the bottom of the East. These 2 teams should stay there.

Reactions: Runner77

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Win, lose I don't give a damn. This team is getting absolutely run over, the injuries are once again piling up and no team gives a damn about Xhekaj. The team has no grit and never hits, just a weak team that is easy to play against. Sure can't wait for Hutson to get mauled and injured, it's only a matter of time and guess what, when Demidov comes in next year it's gonna be a open season on these young skilled guys.

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
Laine, Dem
images

This is for you long suffering Habs fans.
Who is she😍 lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
BTW, if you think this beating wasn’t directed at Gorton, then I don’t know what to say. The Rags mauled the kiddos to let the big boss upstairs know that his kiddos are not ready yet.

Gorton’s ego took a beating tonight. Il a mal à son orgeuil.
Interesting observation, one that holds up as there is no indication that the Rags-Gorton feud has subsided.

But then again, what is Gorton to do? He may want to continue to shun Rags management but the rebuild is following its course. Maybe there is another reminder in there about roster construction and what needs to be done.

Reactions: SOLR

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
Missing slaf and ghule, Laine, demidov and reinbacher on the way (next year) losing to a cup contender. Leafs just got destroyed 6-2 by the f***ing Blue jackets.😂 Chin up. The season is young.

• Haha
Reactions: LesCactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad