Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Once per century, good luck. That's not better odds that we had with Therrien.
The Edmonton coach last year, as green as they come. Ducharme with the Habs in 2021. It happens all the time. Coaches are not that important. However, in Montreal, coaches are important to tame the media and crazy fans, and Marty is as good as can be for us.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I just want to get excited about something. If we can’t make the playoffs we have to get better at least. We’re getting worse!
I think it’s unfair to be expected not to want to see more regardless if we’re in the middle of a rebuild. We’ve finished in the bottom 5 the past 3 seasons. That’s going to wear on even the most die hard fans. The injuries and the nerves of waiting on our young talent to break out has given a lot of people like myself the blues this year when it comes to evaluating how this rebuild is going. Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, and Demidov make the future look bright but we need to see some signs of positivity when it comes to keeping the puck out of our net as well. So many question marks there.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Guhle is obviously ready for the NHL
Barron needs to be in the NHL now; can't pass waiver.
Hutson; the Habs decided to give him reps at the NHL level. They think that's what is best for him. His offense is already way above average for the NHL. He just needs to get use to what works at the NHL level, and what does not. Can't learn that in the AHL.
Mailloux would be in the AHL if Guhle would not be injured.
Struble is ready to be in the NHL. He's decent, but he's young and he's playing for a shitty team, so he looks worse than he is. He's also catching up having missed the beginning of the season.
Xhekaj bring something unique that this team needs now.

Demidov looks like a star. Hage, I think we don't know yet. People are probably too excited about him at the moment.
Who's going to take him the way he plays, though? If he's picked, they have to play him in the NHL. I'm not sure he's very interesting to an NHL team at this point.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The sad reality is that a rebuild only really starts after you drafted a franchise player, someone to build around. I don't think we have that player yet.
We have a few very interesting guys in Slaf Demidov and Reinbacher , the problem is fans here think Suzuki and Caufield are a stanley cup winning duo for some reason and have these lofty expectations that those guys are going to be our best players if we ever win anything. IMO the goal of the rebuild should have always been to at least get 1C better than Suzuki but the draft balls didn't go our way. We still got 3 very quality pieces from our tank so far , and are about to add a 4th

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The Dach and Newhook playbook of trading picks for reclamation projects is turning into one big yikes.

They weren't reclamation projects. They were young players with little experience that their teams were willing to trade. I don't have a problem with it, although we could really use Romanov right now.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Matheson stepping up for Barron by going after Trouba was awesome to see. He did a great job, too. No idea how he got the instigator for that because Trouba actually got his gloves off first.

Refs are dumb. I f***ing hate them so much.
Shows it doesn't quite matter what the name on the jersey is. Xhekaj or Matheson seems to be the same for this league. The team needs to beef up, hit like they mean it, not become goons. A hit where you can see your opponent's eyes is always going to be regarded as tough, not vicious.

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
2 very different point on defense
1) We are using a "defense concept" with a crew of rookies that are trying to survive, really not supportive. Would the simplest defense system be more welcoming to a young squad? You make a plan for the players you have, not the other way around!

2) we really like to get our defenseman hurt and then get another one fighting, this is not the first game we finish with 4 defensemen, play 7 of them. Plenty of options to sit, Anderson as my first option.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Not if we replace him with a vet RD.

Guhle, Hutson, Struble, X remain in the left side. We should be okay with that. I don’t see Matheson here long term do you?
Matheson's contract features (money and terms) are perfect. Which RD is going to come here and have a better impact than this guy for an equivalent contract?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So with Guhle and now Barron out. Matheson likely injured and may or may not play next game who draws in? Does MSL publically confirm his disdain for Arbs and puts in Lindstrom or does he go with Arbs. And does Xhekaj still gives a f*** about being part of this team given the treatment? Don't tell me he is worse that what we've been seeing from Mailloux or Savard. Or Matheson.

I haven't watched sounds bites from RDS yet... so looking forward to that big.

Reactions: Pomee

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Man I had forgotten how Luc Gelinas got absolutely bullied by Guy at the end. Hilarious.

A5pZ7P2.png

• Haha
Reactions: zx81

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
The Dach and Newhook playbook of trading picks for reclamation projects is turning into one big yikes.
Dach trade will turn a profit.

As much as I hated the Newhook trade..
He's a complimentary player with no one driving his line at the moment.

Newhook played his best at center last year, didn't he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad