Post-Game Talk: Habs can't stop a puck or stay healthy. Rags wipe out Habs in Montreal.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
This team is going nowhere before we get 3 healthy reliable minute munching defensemen. If we still don't have them in the system and Demidov becomes a superstar, we'll trade for one but in the meantime we are in for a few more years of this...
We have them in our youth system, but they need reps, a lot more (like years). People need to understand that it takes time. Florida took forever, Edmonton took forever, the f**cking Nordiques took forever, that's how it works. You are shit for a long time but your players are slowly getting better. And then one day, out of nowhere, they are very good.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
True, but the performances lack any pride or effort. A bunch of teams are more talented, yes, but they have to make the games more grueling. It’s a cake walk out there for the other teams.
Escpecially on home ice, on a night where the team is honoring Habs legends. Only Suzuki and Hutson showed up it seems

Reactions: LesCactus

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
This team is going nowhere before we get 3 healthy reliable minute munching defensemen. If we still don't have them in the system and Demidov becomes a superstar, we'll trade for one but in the meantime we are in for a few more years of this...
But the defensemen drafted in the next few years will reach their prime when Suzuki is 30yo. Something has got to give before that. Our best defensive hopes in Guhle and Reinbacher are made of glass.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yes we have a young defence. But it’s doesn’t stop us to have somewhat of a structure in the 3 zones. We have none.

None.
It's the primary reason there doesn't appear to be defensive structure. A coach can draw whatever X's and O's they want, but when guys can't execute simple plays, make good reads, and win their battles, this is what you get. It's going to take a lot of work from the young guys.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Remember Gorton saying in his most recent interview how beating the Rangers is a little sweeter because of how fresh his departure is.

Well I'm sure he's not happy about tonight.
1729649955475.png

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Remember Gorton saying in his most recent interview how beating the Rangers is a little sweeter because of how fresh his departure is.

Well I'm sure he's not happy about tonight.

True, but the performances lack any pride or effort. A bunch of teams are more talented, yes, but they have to make the games more grueling. It’s a cake walk out there for the other teams.
They don’t lack ‘pride’. If there is something that has been cliché’d, it’s that. I’ve been around NHLers. Got nothing to do with pride.

Right now, the youngest team in the NHL is showing its age. The kids are playing with zero confidence. Blame the vets who are letting these kids get killed. Again. And again.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Maxim Lapierre brought up a good point...the Habs have way too many slow players and it showed tonight.
He just called out Anderson and Dvorak. "At some point you have to get rid or players".

Agreed 100%. You can't keep vets that don't care around for years! What does that teach the young guys?

I'd rather have Barre-Boulet than Dvorak. Definitely would prefer Tuch (I know, he's not ready... but still)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jsuis fier des goh
Va falloir jergarde la vidéo je l'ai po
vu
Tsé La game... c'est comme un poke bowl
🤣🤣🤣

He just called out Anderson and Dvorak. "At some point you have to get rid or players".

Agreed 100%. You can't keep vets that don't care around for years! What does that teach the young guys?

I'd rather have Barre-Boulet than Dvorak.
Agreed ABB was not the problem but he got waived

Reactions: Big Lurk

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
But the defensemen drafted in the next few years will reach their prime when Suzuki is 30yo. Something has got to give before that. Our best defensive hopes in Guhle and Reinbacher are made of glass.
Ideally it's Guhle, Reinbacher and Hutson and we have a lot of guys to choose from to fill the bottom 6. If Guhle can't figure out how to stay healthy and Reinbacher doesn't hit, we'll have to pay up for a Hamrlik / Ekholm type.

Reactions: iamtalbot and Toene

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i mean it's a delicate situation again, and now the injuries are piling up. Two, top 6 wingers, Guhle, Barron..who am I missing?
goaltending has been bad.
losing every puck battle with a combo of bergevin leftovers who are bad or don't give a crap.
Bad in defensive zone with a lot of inexperienced guys and an overplayed Matheson and savard who's great in the room but should've been traded already.
And too small and soft (see puck battles) Newhook, Hutson, Gallagher, Caufield etc...
yeah I get some of them are talented but the team is too small with no defined 4th line.
They're not waiving gally or anderson. Maybe Armia or Dvorak get waived as they're UFA's to be - but it's way too early in the year.

I'd still love to see them bring up Tuch and Condotta and play them with Pezz.
Stop sitting Arber too

Reactions: iamtalbot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad