Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Screenshot_20241022_234623_YouTube.jpg

Us too Steve.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Worst thing about the entire game is that when the Columbus - leafs game was 4-0 Columbus I sent a text to a couple of my leaf buddies saying “4-0 😂”. I knew it was a mistake the second I hit send. Boy am I going to hear about it tmrrw!
Just tell 'em you were empathizing with them, 'cause you knew how they were
feeling. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BTO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wednesday, October 23 (Boston, MA)

• TBD
Thursday, October 24 (Warrior Ice Arena / TD Garden)

• Morning skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)
  • Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
  • Game vs. Dallas Stars, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)
  • Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Current mood:

When will the Bruins powerplay be good again?:

I don't think this is all Monty's fault. It's a combination of course. But this current roster isn't vibing. Will it be like this in a month? I hope not.

It may or may not be all Montgomery's fault,
but it looks like he might actually have to coach this year.

Reactions: Gordoff

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
That was a flat out abortion of a hockey game. There really isn’t much more to be said.
Team is just trash.. no reason to even sugarcoat it. Its embarrassing. Second and third line just awful. All the talent on the defense is also just awful. It’s very early in the season but I’m official in panic mode. Hard to see a way out of this mess.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
welcome-to-the-suck-olya.gif

Zero chemistry.
Coyle made two passes that totally mystified me.Both times not a Bruin around except Preds.
Swayman did the best he could. What can one say.

I think Don and Cam need to have a little pow-wow when they get home.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Knowing that the Preds were 0-5 going into this game and knowing the Bruins I was going to make a tongue and cheek comment pre game about how we all know the Preds are going to get a shutout…………………….
I think Sheppy already covered that one on page 1 of the GDT

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
They needed to get an asshole like Berube, Sweeney should've gone after him...
These Primadonna's need a kick in the ass.
Of course, it looks like there's no recognizable game plan/ system.
There's no way 20 "professional" players can all suck this bad.
Leadership/coaching.
They never should have gotten rid of the asshole we had in favor of the kinder, gentler dude.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This is a better roster than last year but performing so much worse. That's a concern.
Sometimes rosters can look good on paper, but end up being worse.

Hopefully things even out. But so far this team has no identity. I don't know what style they play, and I don't think they know either.

They lost speed from last year, replaced it with bigger bodies, but those bodies aren't doing anything. No hitting. No agitation. Slow.

I just don't understand who/what we are.

It's concerning.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Keep Pasta, the D, Swayman, E.Lindholm, and the Kastellic line. Everybody else can go. Can add Carlo from the D as well. Coaching staff except Leach can go to.

Marchand does not look like somebody who should be captain, and I don't think i have ever criticized Marchand but I think the C and his age have led to the decline in his game. If you keep him, and I would, he has to be on the redesigned third line.

Add real toughness, another Kastellic or two would be great, speed that plays with grit and some talent ( not Lysell) and some veteran leadership, not Pasta who floats to much or Marchand. Think Brayden Schenn like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad