Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow Sedlak...I'm not sure I ever saw that....2 breakaways scored with the exact same move in the same game?

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Wow Sedlak...I'm not sure I ever saw that....2 breakaways scored with the exact same move in the same game?
Good stuff. Can't recall that either if it has to be a very specific move like that one. Czech league forward > NHL goaltender.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You have to think that Sedlak has a spot for him on a lot of team in the bottom 6?

Ah Cervenka...come on man...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Guhle hurt blocking shot in first shift in semi-final vs Switzerland. Hopefully he can shake it off.
I can't lie
I want this Gold bad for Guhle seeing as how he was shafted by the Pandemic for his 'turns' at the WJC
The year he was Captain for Canada they play 2 games, cancel the tourney
And when they replayed and won in the summer , Guhle didn't play and was instead prepping for his NHL rookie season..(Roy ended up winning his 1st of 2 straight Golds)

So a nice Gold at the more senior WC could hopefully make up a bit for that
Let's go Boys don't let him down lol

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I can't lie
I want this Gold bad for Guhle seeing as how he was shafted by the Pandemic for his 'turns' at the WJC
The year he was Captain for Canada they play 2 games, cancel the tourney
And when they replayed and won in the summer , Guhle didn't play and was instead prepping for his NHL rookie season..(Roy ended up winning his 1st of 2 straight Golds)

So a nice Gold at the more senior WC could hopefully make up a bit for that
Let's go Boys don't let him down lol
Glad to see he's back out there. Hopefully Canada can get the offence going.

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Glad to see he's back out there. Hopefully Canada can get the offence going.
This will be a tough one Switzerland will remain disciplined and we are nowhere 5v5 so far.
Johnny PJ moving the puck with a hope and a prayer in the Ozone. Canada usually find a way but I'll be surprised if the Swiss blow this lead.

Reactions: Redux91

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think it’s a worthwhile gamble to make. There aren’t many players like him available. We can use the size and the speed.
I would not read too much in his "hard" season this year. He will be just 25 next year. He had 71 points in 2023-2023. He played only 17:21 minutes a game this season while he played 18:25 minutes a game when he had 71 points. 17 minutes is pretty much 2nd line TOI so 53 points was not terrible.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
the Worlds fill some time but dont put much stock into them. They arent best on best, most teams dont have their true stars

for example, id take Hishier and Josi over pretty much any player who went for Canada

Great to see other countries succeed though but also dont make it more than what it is

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
the Worlds fill some time but dont put much stock into them. They arent best on best, most teams dont have their true stars

for example, id take Hishier and Josi over pretty much any player who went for Canada

Great to see other countries succeed though but also dont make it more than what it is
And incompetent coaches.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Canada have to play Guenther more.
He's one of the few forwards we have that isn't getting caught from behind.
We seem to have a good number of turtles out there.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would not read too much in his "hard" season this year. He will be just 25 next year. He had 71 points in 2023-2023. He played only 17:21 minutes a game this season while he played 18:25 minutes a game when he had 71 points. 17 minutes is pretty much 2nd line TOI so 53 points was not terrible.
The Habs have a hard enough time getting players to hit 50 points let alone 70. I don’t know why people would be against it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad