Proposal: Habs and Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Probably another one that gets shot down but chat away...

Xhekaj, Anderson, Avs 2nd
for
10th OA, Palat

Anderson and Palat both have 3 years left. Anderson brings in some size/skating/grit and there were rumors of the Devils offering a 1st for Anderson prior to last year. I'm not that excited about taking on Palat but he's only there to even out the cap.

Xhekaj may be an easy target to devalue but this guy is one I have a hard time putting on the table in a trade. Only 95 NHL games and his nasty physical side is exactly what you want in the playoffs. All he is missing is maturity/experience and one more complete season might do that. He could make the Habs look like fools for trading before we know how good he is. Some are saying he is a bottom pairing guy only but others see his top 4 physical presence.

Chatter I am hearing is the Devils are after size/skating/grit in their top 6 or top 9 and a LD.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Anderson has negative value. The cost to move off three years of him would be a lot. Maybe make it the Hab’s first and the Devils second that could balance this?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anderson has negative value. The cost to move off three years of him would be a lot. Maybe make it the Hab’s first and the Devils second that could balance this?

Anderson and Palat are nullifiers. Both have 3 years left and neither one of them had great seasons last year. Similar term/AAV. Devils have been rumored to offer a 1st for Anderson so they obviously like him and see it as a team need.

Xhekaj and Avs 2nd = 10th OA. Xhekaj has Romanov value IMO (and more) and Romanov was traded for the 13th OA pick.

I'm not that desperate to trade Xhekaj. You may think so but this guy is not easy to have on the trade table. He could make us look like a fool for trading but it is the 10th pick the Devils are trading in this trade proposal. Got to give to get.

Xhekaj and Anderson does fit the team needs the Devils are after.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
No one offered a 1st for Anderson. Just because your GM said so doesn't make it true. Look at Calgary, they said they don't need to trade Markstrom & are fine keeping him yet was traded within 24 hours. If he was offered it he was a fool to not take it because Anderson is on a horrendous contract. He's a negative asset. You're going to have to pay to dump him. So what your trade proposal is a cap dump, a prospect and a 2nd for 10th OA and Palat who is an actual good player and fills a need for NJ. You act like Palat is a bad contract. In actuality he's more than good on our 3rd line and plays on our top line sometimes. Him, Nico and Bratt formed a really good line. So yeah this proposal is ludicrous.

Reactions: dgibb10 and Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Anderson and Palat are nullifiers. Both have 3 years left and neither one of them had great seasons last year. Similar term/AAV

Xhekaj and Avs 2nd = 10th OA. Xhekaj has Romanov value IMO and he was traded for the 13th OA pick.
Habs are still a rebuilding bottom feeder team. They have several small skilled players who need a guy like Anderson to watch out for them. They’re far better off keeping Anderson than paying the cost it would take to move him.

Reactions: viceroy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs are still a rebuilding bottom feeder team. They have several small skilled players who need a guy like Anderson to watch out for them. They’re far better off keeping Anderson than paying the cost it would take to move him.

This is true to some degree. Xhekaj and Anderson do offer a lot of protection. However, the Devils are after team needs and we are asking for the 10th pick with Palat.

Missing that grit/size/physicality could be a factor for the Habs but we are not making the playoffs in the next year or even two IMO. Those types of assets are more valuable in the playoffs.

No one offered a 1st for Anderson. Just because your GM said so doesn't make it true. Look at Calgary, they said they don't need to trade Markstrom & are fine keeping him yet was traded within 24 hours. If he was offered it he was a fool to not take it because Anderson is on a horrendous contract. He's a negative asset. You're going to have to pay to dump him. So what your trade proposal is a cap dump, a prospect and a 2nd for 10th OA and Palat who is an actual good player and fills a need for NJ. You act like Palat is a bad contract. In actuality he's more than good on our 3rd line and plays on our top line sometimes. Him, Nico and Bratt formed a really good line. So yeah this proposal is ludicrous.

Our GM didn't say it. It was Lebrun who has creditability. He's recently spoke towards this again lately. Possible trade between the Canadiens and the Devils involving Josh Anderson: Pierre Lebrun reveals new information

I believe Lebrun's quote was... "I can assure you, a 1st was offered for Anderson". That was before this last season though. Was that the Devils or not? Not 100% sure but I believe it fits. Anderson/Devils are not a reach bud. However, they may be a layer to the Devils GM hearing about their fan base not liking that idea and avoiding it due to any fan/media backlash.

This is more about Xhekaj/2nd for 10th OA IMO. Anderson/Palat are nullifiers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Anderson and Palat are nullifiers. Both have 3 years left and neither one of them had great seasons last year. Similar term/AAV. Devils have been rumored to offer a 1st for Anderson so they obviously like him and see it as a team need.

Xhekaj and Avs 2nd = 10th OA. Xhekaj has Romanov value IMO (and more) and Romanov was traded for the 13th OA pick.

I'm not that desperate to trade Xhekaj. You may think so but this guy is not easy to have on the trade table. He could make us look like a fool for trading but it is the 10th pick the Devils are trading in this trade proposal. Got to give to get.

Palat>Anderson
10OA>Xhekaj, 2nd
Also no one offered a 1st for Anderson. That's fantasy land speaking. Idk where you're getting this rumor from. NJs last few 1st round picks are as followed
A 1st which we traded for Meier
A 1st which we drafted Nemec
A 1st in which we now have 10OA
Which 1st are you talking about? None of these were going to Anderson

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Jesus Christ no. Palat is overpaid but I’d rather have him 10/10 times than Anderson. He’s a good possession player who was one of the only Devils forwards with really good defensive results last year.

And that’s before we even touch on Xhekaj and a low 2nd for 10th overall

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
This is true to some degree. Xhekaj and Anderson do offer a lot of protection. However, the Devils are after team needs and we are asking for the 10th pick with Palat.

Missing that grit/size/physicality could be a factor for the Habs but we are not making the playoffs in the next year or even two IMO. Those types of assets are more valuable in the playoffs.

Our GM didn't say it. It was Lebrun who has creditability. He's recently spoke towards this again lately. Possible trade between the Canadiens and the Devils involving Josh Anderson: Pierre Lebrun reveals new information

Anderson/Devils are not a reach bud.

Lol, did you even read that? No, Lebrun did not say that. It’s a Hab fan saying “Anderson fits the criteria!”

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Palat>Anderson
10OA>Xhekaj, 2nd
Also no one offered a 1st for Anderson. That's fantasy land speaking. Idk where you're getting this rumor from. NJs last few 1st round picks are as followed
A 1st which we traded for Meier
A 1st which we drafted Nemec
A 1st in which we now have 10OA
Which 1st are you talking about? None of these were going to Anderson

Nah, Palat and Anderson have equal value. Team left is the same and AAV is close. Anderson and Palat should not be a derail. I believe Lebrun when he said... "I can assure you a 1st was offered for Anderson". Lebrun would not go out of his way to say something like that. The Devils do make sense for me but that's not a fact. But I do have confidence a 1st was added. Regardless, this is about Palat/Anderson as a nullifier. You're getting all caught up with a 1st from before and the 10th OA is compared to Xhekaj and Avs 2nd.

Xhekaj has Romanov value and Romanov was traded for the 13th. Xhekaj/Avs 2nd is not far off from the 10th. No team is going to offer a Guhle for a unknown 10th that could hit and be equal to Guhle or bust. Sens would easily offer you Chychrun though... pending UFA. Maybe you can do sign/trade.

I feel both Anderson and Xhekaj fit to what the Devils GM is after at LD and in the top 6/top 9.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Probably another one that gets shot down but chat away...

Xhekaj, Anderson, Avs 2nd
for
10th OA, Palat

Anderson and Palat both have 3 years left. Anderson brings in some size/skating/grit and there were rumors of the Devils offering a 1st for Anderson prior to last year. I'm not that excited about taking on Palat but he's only there to even out the cap.

Xhekaj may be an easy target to devalue but this guy is one I have a hard time putting on the table in a trade. Only 95 NHL games and his nasty physical side is exactly what you want in the playoffs. All he is missing is maturity/experience and one more complete season might do that. He could make the Habs look like fools for trading before we know how good he is. Some are saying he is a bottom pairing guy only but others see his top 4 physical presence.

Chatter I am hearing is the Devils are after size/skating/grit in their top 6 or top 9 and a LD.
You should stop making proposals. This is laughably bad.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Xhekaj and Avs 2nd = 10th OA. Xhekaj has Romanov value IMO and he was traded for the 13th OA pick.

Oh here we go :laugh:

Post a nonsense offer; get overwhelmingly negative feedback; gaslight about the other side needing “to give to get” when your side is acquiring far and away the best piece in the deal…

The whole charade is tiresome. Completely delusional. Keep Xhekaj. Wouldn’t want you to risk “looking like a fool” for trading a bottom-pairing defenseman for the 10th frigging overall pick lmao

And no one offered a ****ing 1st for Anderson. Provide a link.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
1718887244029.gif

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh here we go :laugh:

Post a nonsense offer; get overwhelmingly negative feedback; gaslight about the other side needing “to give to get” when your side is acquiring far and away the best piece in the deal…

The whole charade is tiresome. Completely delusional. Keep Xhekaj. Wouldn’t want you to risk “looking like a fool” for trading a bottom-pairing defenseman for the 10th frigging overall pick lmao

And no one offered a ****ing 1st for Anderson. Provide a link.

Why do fans have a problem with just chatting in disagreements? Look at your behaver and others as well? I can deal with a disagreement but grow up with how you disagree.

I don't care about overwhelmingly negative feedback. 90% of these trades are perceived this way. Truth is not some internet popular bandwagon. Look at Dubois... most fans like you said the Kings are stuck and will have to buy out or retain 50%. Wrong!

This is not some wild outrageous context: You can disagree which is fair but just grow up with how you disagree. Learn to talk and communicate, not yell and belittle.

* Anderson/Palat are nullifiers
* Xhekaj = Romanov = 13th = Xhekaj/Avs 2nd = 10th.

Xhekaj is not just some bottom pairing depth guy. He's got way more value than that bud. This is a real debate that does not deserve a thread derail of BS comments.

If the situation was reversed and you were trading a piece like Xhekaj, you would speak in reverse when others devalue him. Use words like Ridiculous. :nod:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jellybeans
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Lol, did you even read that? No, Lebrun did not say that. It’s a Hab fan saying “Anderson fits the criteria!”
LeBrun tweetet like 15 months ago something like "I can confirm a first was offerred for Anderson". No context nothing more, poor guy can't find it because the credible LeBrun deleted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad