Post-Game Talk: Hab no blues tonight. Canadiens win in Montreal.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Great win yesterday but maybe for nothing if they lose against Michkov tonight and he has multiple points against us.
Ain't no way Michkov will score against the Habs tonight. He's got a multi-year contract in the KHL, he's never coming over. Putin in Moscow is personally involved in his case, he's desperate to keep Michkov, dontchaknow?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Did Matheson always do these fakes on the PP? I had never noticed that from him before and it’s the second time I do this year. I was thinking he is getting inspired by how successful Hutson is with the deception and is incorporating it in his game as well. In any case it is working :)
He's done it a few times last year in the 2nd half of the season. Doesn't happen often enough. He's also moving around the blue line more this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Add me to those who'd love Parayko.
I don't know if it's wishful thinking because who knows what's the plan for the Blues, but I think they may entertain something, especially with a vet going back. Right now they have Ryan Suter on the top pair on the left side. I wonder if a Matheson+++/Parayko swap could be done.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He was. He played a strong game.
The only thing I didn't like was Buchnevich set him on his keister for a second game in a row.
That dude hits like a ton of bricks for guy weighing 196 lbs.
It shows how important technique and balance are in the hitting game.

Marty moved the lines around to not only help the team, but to get Dach going. Great move from the coach!
He read it here first. :sarcasm:
I've got proof.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I watch the game now (because of work I just record//save the game).

I really like Oliver Kapanen, he show great flash!
I feel like it’s a matter of time before he starts getting on the scoresheet. He’s got the smarts and makes the right plays the majority of the time. Adjusting more and more to the NHL game. Lots to look forward to with him imo.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just watched the game this morning. When out last evening. If Habs had the second offensive line be good team. Demidov will help that next season . Along with Slaf. Need to find top center. Newhook decent player but not of that caliber.

Dach always was better on wing. Doesn't have the defense responsibility and his poor faceoffs don't hurt team. Montembeault played solid game. Only have up two goals against Blues. Young defense along ways off. Habs need add solid veteran on Blueline this off season.

Reactions: bsl

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Parayko would be a great add, but the Blues are pushing and they're not trading one of the best defensive RDs in the league.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I missed most of the game but reading the comments here today vs 1 ago is hilarious.
From firing MSL/Hughes and tank being back on.....to praising the core and back to being in THE MIX :vhappy:

Don't ever change :heart:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Why is the troglodyte behind the glass knocking like that?

Does he not realize the habs are playing at home and the team is leading?

Casuals man...

WGBSaVt.png
People who bang on the glass are idiots and should be removed. At the forum in the seventies that would have resulted in ejection.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I missed most of the game but reading the comments here today vs 1 ago is hilarious.
From firing MSL/Hughes and tank being back on.....to praising the core and back to being in THE MIX :vhappy:

Don't ever change :heart:
Habs are "in the mix" with the Blues. :sarcasm:

We are going toward a similar league to last year it seems. There is like 8 really good teams, then ~20 teams less or more the same level (the "in the mix" teams) and ~3 real dumpsters (Sharks, Flyers, Hawks).

Reactions: McGees

Jul 6, 2016
Just watched the game this morning. When out last evening. If Habs had the second offensive line be good team. Demidov will help that next season . Along with Slaf. Need to find top center. Newhook decent player but not of that caliber.

Dach always was better on wing. Doesn't have the defense responsibility and his poor faceoffs don't hurt team. Montembeault played solid game. Only have up two goals against Blues. Young defense along ways off. Habs need add solid veteran on Blueline this off season.
Not many available around the league right now. They still could call up Lindstrom from Laval who did well last season in Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad