Hab Hating (1979-2014)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't know why but my hatred for Komisarek really waned over the years. I think I just kind of pitied him toward the end after Lucic neutered him.

TBH, I was almost there too but then, if I'm remembering right, In his final game as a Hab he pulled the crosscheck act on Lucic and all my good will went away.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
And I agree, Emelin is moving up this list rapidly. He's so brave, until he is confronted with possible physical contact from someone his own size, then he slinks into the corner until the next chance he gets to give them a dirty slash.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
TBH, I was almost there too but then, if I'm remembering right, I. His final game as a Hab he pulled the crosscheck act on Lucic and all my good will went away.
Broke Lucic's nose with the same crosscheck that got Lucic a one game suspension when he did it to Max Yappierre. Of course, brave Komi got no suspension.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
My first thought was, "Jesus, Brian Skrudland needs to be WAY higher."

But then, I couldn't figure out who deserved to be lower on the list. The fact that there are 19 Canadiens that I hate more than Brian freakin' Skrudland is mind-blowing.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Marchand doesn't embellish anywhere near as much as Subban and Krug is like a Subban light and will have a better contract and none of the classlessness. Not sure what you are trying to say with this post.

And Krug has fought guys bigger than him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My first thought was, "Jesus, Brian Skrudland needs to be WAY higher."

But then, I couldn't figure out who deserved to be lower on the list. The fact that there are 19 Canadiens that I hate more than Brian freakin' Skrudland is mind-blowing.

Agree on Skrudland. Just goes to show how many unlikable players have gone through there.

I almost switched Nilan and Carbonneau at 1 and 2, but Carbo looked like the quintessential Hab and had a longer career.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Agree on Skrudland. Just goes to show how many unlikable players have gone through there.

I almost switched Nilan and Carbonneau at 1 and 2, but Carbo looked like the quintessential Hab and had a longer career.

I read the first part of your post and said "If I scroll down and do not see that human filthbag Guy Carbonneau as #1, this list is worth nothing." You didn't let me down. :nod:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I read the first part of your post and said "If I scroll down and do not see that human filthbag Guy Carbonneau as #1, this list is worth nothing." You didn't let me down. :nod:

Glad I didn't disappoint. My 13 year old read it and with a somewhat limited knowledge of anything before 2009 or so told me that it was really funny.

It was actually nice because we spent a good 20 minutes talking about some of the references I made like Ludwig falling down, Nilan butt ending Nifty, how Kovalev and Richer were similar etc.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Glad I didn't disappoint. My 13 year old read it and with a somewhat limited knowledge of anything before 2009 or so told me that it was really funny.

It was actually nice because we spent a good 20 minutes talking about some of the references I made like Ludwig falling down, Nilan butt ending Nifty, how Kovalev and Richer were similar etc.

I do wish you had mentioned Svoboda's lack of shoulders; he had a neck that went clear down to his waist. That puss-bag was Cam's personal speed bump, and the direct ancestor of the current lineup of Velcro gloved Habs.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Remember Steve Fletcher...enforcer brought up during 1988 playoffs and subsequently unable to do much vs LB (victim of the LB-patented uppercut)?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1709

Ah, but how many remember Norman Baron, a pro bodybuilder who the Habs back in 1983-84 tried to use as a goon? Keith Crowder fought him and held his own.

search

Coors9

Jan 13, 2006
NF, Canada
My most hated is the Boston Bruins front office.......Still to this day, I can't get pass signing that little @$"; Mats Naslund. Why in the name of God did they do that to me. Makes Kevin Stevens look like a great deal. @&$" you front office !!!!! LOL

Last edited:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Steve Penney.

Barely good enough to play in the IHL, yet the Habs call him up for the 1984 playoffs against a Bruin team that scored 336 goals in 80 regular season games.

Bos 49 25 6
Mtl 35 40 5

The Bruins then score a total of 2 goals in a best of 5 sweep loss against the Habs in the opening round.

Crazy.

Honorable mention: Mats Nasloooooooooooooooooooooond

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Lemaire (well when coaching).

Since coaches popped into my head, it all starts there so . . . in no particular order

1. Therrien (current incarnation)
2. Therrien (the 1st time)
3. Therrien (the next time)
4. Vigneault
5. Perron (although the look when we broke the jinx, priceless)
1a. Tremblay (ugggg)
1b. Carbonneau

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You forgot his stint as a coach - that's where my hate for him really ramped up. So annoying, with that perma-smirk on his face, and those teams he coached that epitomized the recent Hab tradition of over-reliance on goaltending and powerplays. Ugh.

Ah but you forget...... old Mario was responsible for forcing the trade of Patrick Roy -- setting the Habs back for years and years. You can like Roy, or hate Roy, but you don't leave him to rot for 9 goals in the Forum to the point he gets razzed by home fans. Roy snapped (big surprise) and publicly forced Habs into position of rushing a poorly thought out trade.:laugh:

Well done, Mario...... Well done!:handclap:

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lemaire (well when coaching).

Since coaches popped into my head, it all starts there so . . . in no particular order

1. Therrien (current incarnation)
2. Therrien (the 1st time)
3. Therrien (the next time)
4. Vigneault
5. Perron (although the look when we broke the jinx, priceless)
1a. Tremblay (ugggg)
1b. Carbonneau

The coach I liked the most for them, mostly out of pity for the way he was treated was Cunnyworth, the way the media/fans treated him was merely one in a long list of reason`s why I can`t respect them.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Remember Steve Fletcher...enforcer brought up during 1988 playoffs and subsequently unable to do much vs LB (victim of the LB-patented uppercut)?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1709

every time I see that fight, even 26 years later, it still aggravates me that Kordic takes that shot at Miller when he falls down, what a total POS. But love that Miller gets right up and feeds him a few more punches. I hated Kordic. But Lemieux is top of the charts for me, although that carried into his New Jersey days as well. I remember Sanderson used to say he taught Holik the same crap; and I couldn't stand him either! :laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
TBH, I was almost there too but then, if I'm remembering right, In his final game as a Hab he pulled the crosscheck act on Lucic and all my good will went away.

that's right, he cross checked him in the waning minutes of a loss and got tossed; I think.
but Looch still tore him up a few years later in Toronto. He literally ended the guy's career.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I loathe all of them except Saku Koivu & Jean Belliveau.

I know, I'm totally unbalanced when the topic is the Montreal Canadiens. I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs, mention that name & I start foaming at the mouth.

Last edited:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Ah, but how many remember Norman Baron, a pro bodybuilder who the Habs back in 1983-84 tried to use as a goon? Keith Crowder fought him and held his own.

search

I don't remember Crowder fighting him, but I remember that Brian Curran fought him and pummeled him in the 1st game of the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad