Hab Hating (1979-2014)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Great GREAT list. I'm sure "but he has a metal plate in his face" is making his way up the list, as well. Hated Naslund and Svoboda, as well. I'm sure I can think of a bunch more!

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
29. Guy Lafleur – Great player, probably a good person but I’ll still never forgive him for choosing to score instead of shooting wide in 1979.

I was curious if he'd make the list. All he really ever did was skate pretty and score some goals, but damnit, he always annoyed the hell out of me.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Why has no one named any Ref's yet?

Funny you mention that because they had a guy named Bill McCreary that played there in the 40's or so and I initially had him there with a comment about him being there to:

"Commemorate the unity that Referees and The Habs have shared over the years".

But I realized that I forgot someone and he played outside the time frame that I said I would use, so I cut him out.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Great GREAT list. I'm sure "but he has a metal plate in his face" is making his way up the list, as well. Hated Naslund and Svoboda, as well. I'm sure I can think of a bunch more!

^This. Metalhead is atop the current "hated Habs" list. He's spineless & talentless. He loves to tiptoe the line with borderline dirty & dangerous hits, yet flatout REFUSES to answer for them.. I despise this kid.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Claude Lemieux was in a (d-bag) class by himself.

Good post, but can't believe you forgot Mario Tremblay.

Yeah, I think he was ending his career as I was starting to watch. A lot of guys that I could have put in there were left off because I couldn't think of anything relevant or clever to say about them. (Of course some may say that about the whole list) :laugh:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Richard Zednik was a cheap one too

I hated Steve Begin's guts as a Hab for being a dirty piece of crap, and I hated him as a Bruin because he played as the exact opposite and never got physical.

Christobal Huet was annoying because he came out of nowhere and shouldn't have ever been anything more than a backup, but always shut us out 7 times a year.

yeah i'll never forget how that clumsy oaf almost gave Mclaren a hyperextended elbow because of his reckless play through the middle of the B's zone.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You nailed it with Pacioretty, you haven't by chance met him have you? I only ask because this is exactly how he was on the couple occasions I met him. He and I have a few mutual friends from New Canaan so I met him over the summer in 2007 before his year at Michigan. Just one of those people you meet that absolutely rubs you the wrong way, I don't know maybe it's the entitled personality that you see from some people from Fairfield County that come from substantial wealth like him, even my friends from that area have a "better than you" attitude. He's #1 on my list. Then again if I was from the 5th wealthiest town in the country and home of the highest median income in the country and NHL level hockey skills I may be a bit smug to.

Never met him but I swear what you describe is exactly what I envision his personality to be. I guess sometimes you can judge a book by its cover.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Remember Steve Fletcher...enforcer brought up during 1988 playoffs and subsequently unable to do much vs LB (victim of the LB-patented uppercut)?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1709

As I was making the list, in my mind I was thinking that was Paul Stewart (who became a Referee as I'm sure you know) but then I remembered he served the same purpose for the Nordiques, not the Canadiens.

I then remembered Fletcher but his career was so short, he didn't seem worthy of a mention.

That was a fun time to be a fan. We often forget (or maybe are too young to remember) that a lot of the minor leaguers were mythical creatures that most fans hadn't seen play or fight. You couldn't go to youtube and watch all of his fights.

Back then you read in the paper or heard on the 6:00 news or pre game show that they brought up a minor league enforcer for tonight's game. When it happened, the feeling you got was almost indescribable. How big and tough is he? Do you think he can take Miller or Byers. I hope he doesn't cheap shot Neely or Bourque.

Fun times.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Never met him but I swear what you describe is exactly what I envision his personality to be. I guess sometimes you can judge a book by its cover.

Probably the best part was we were out to eat in New Canaan and after listening to Pacioretty brag about how awesome a time Sioux City was, how awesome Michigan was gonna be for hopefully only 1 year, and pointing out for the 7th time he was a 1st round pick he finally got around to asking my buddy how we knew each other. My buddy said college. He asked where I said a "Curry College, a small school outside of Boston." Pretty condescendingly he asked "How small?" I said about 2000 students. His response was "wow, that must suck". I just replied "well, it works for me". Rolling his eyes Patches just ended the conversation with "I guess...". I would have kicked his ass but the fact that he's about 7 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier and in much better physical condition kinda threw a wrench in that plan of action. I had to settle for wallowing in self loathing because I wasn't an NHL prospect and I went to a crappy small college:laugh:. All while thinking is it a possible for a human to be anymore full of himself?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Probably the best part was we were out to eat in New Canaan and after listening to Pacioretty brag about how awesome a time Sioux City was, how awesome Michigan was gonna be for hopefully only 1 year, and pointing out for the 7th time he was a 1st round pick he finally got around to asking my buddy how we knew each other. My buddy said college. He asked where I said a "Curry College, a small school outside of Boston." Pretty condescendingly he asked "How small?" I said about 2000 students. His response was "wow, that must suck". I just replied "well, it works for me". Rolling his eyes Patches just ended the conversation with "I guess...". I would have kicked his ass but the fact that he's about 7 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier and in much better physical condition kinda threw a wrench in that plan of action. I had to settle for wallowing in self loathing because I wasn't an NHL prospect and I went to a crappy small college:laugh:. All while thinking is it a possible for a human to be anymore full of himself?

Met my share of people like that. Sadly, when it happens I find myself going to a bad place in my mind. Thinking about possible tragedies that they could endure some day or how great it would be to outlive them.

Not my best moments but they got me through it.
:laugh:

slava112

Nov 26, 2006
This list is seriously awesome. I'd like to add Tomas Plekanec and Chris Higgins to mine. There's not enough hate to go around for Komisarek though. A real joy Lucic broke him, and it was gravy he signed in Toronto and sucked there too.

Edit: you do have Plekanec. Still, what a rotten twit he is.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Met my share of people like that. Sadly, when it happens I find myself going to a bad place in my mind. Thinking about possible tragedies that they could endure some day or how great it would be to outlive them.

Not my best moments but they got me through it.
:laugh:

:laugh: My mind goes there to, but I never thought something like the Chara/Pacioretty incident would happen though. All I'll say is I didn't have as much sympathy as most fans did (no happiness yet no horror as shared by many but I was emotionally indifferent). Oh and the hate and spite filled texts I got from his friends were a riot. Almost as if I hit him. Even two people unfriended me on fb, but alas it is in the past and the two people that unfriended me got over it, although my buddy always asks me if I really have to wear my Chara jersey when I'm down in New Canaan:laugh:. Life's a funny thing though you meet it a kid who is a great hockey player and drafted by the Habs but still never think he'll be their leading goal scorer let alone become the center of such a circus like Chara/Pacioretty and eventually go on to be my most hated player.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This list is seriously awesome. I'd like to add Tomas Plekanec and Chris Higgins to mine. There's not enough hate to go around for Komisarek though. A real joy Lucic broke him, and it was gravy he signed in Toronto and sucked there too.

Edit: you do have Plekanec. Still, what a rotten twit he is.

Thanks.

I actually snuck Higgins in there too.

Great minds think alike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad