Value of: H. Lindholm vs Monahan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
In a vacuum, contracts aside, who holds the higher value: Hampus or Monahan?

Calgary wouldn't make that trade since they are already loaded at the back-end and severely lacking in high end forwards. Anaheim probably wouldn't do it either.

But league wide, which player holds the higher value right now?

Last edited:

mytduxfan*

care to explain yourself.... ?

I'd say Lindholm as well but its closer than what youre suggesting

EDIT: Let me guess... you're one of them who calls McDavid a generational player with 50ish games under his belt

Agreed, its too close to call IMO.

In fact, I probably go with Monahan right now. A 30-30 #1C at the age of 21 is a truly fantastic player. However, I do see Lindholm finishing the better player, but, again, it'll be close.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Gotta be Lindholm, I wouldn't do Rielly for Monohan and Lindholm is worth more.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lindholm. At 21/22 years old, especially towards the end of the season and into the postseason Lindholm was playing like and showing the necessary skills and hockey IQ to be a bona fide #1. He still has room to grow his game, but he has all the makings of a star #1 Dman. He's still not even near his peak.

Given how hard it is to get a guy like Lindholm, and how unpredictable young Dmen can be in their development, I'd value Lindholm higher.

Not a slight to Monahan, he's an excellent player and one of the best young centres in the game. Both are players on rival teams that you can't help but respect what they bring to their teams.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Lindholm, not a huge difference but I will always lean towards the stud dman.

What if they both take a step forward this year, Lindholm continues the strong overall play but gets his production up to the 45 point range, and Monahan goes 30goals/75pts range to get to the Kopitar level? (I think those are similar improvements?)

For some reason my opinion flips to the centre, while I tend to agree with Lindholm right now

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
What if they both take a step forward this year, Lindholm continues the strong overall play but gets his production up to the 45 point range, and Monahan goes 30goals/75pts range to get to the Kopitar level? (I think those are similar improvements?)

For some reason my opinion flips to the centre, while I tend to agree with Lindholm right now

Monahan is more of a scorer than a twoway player, he's not strong defensively

Kopitar is not a good comparison. Monahan is like Stamkos-lite

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Monahan is more of a scorer than a twoway player, he's not strong defensively

Kopitar is not a good comparison. Monahan is like Stamkos-lite

Meant as an offensive comparison, sorry. Consistent 70-75 pt centre who's a big body, couldn't think of another good comp off the top of my head

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

It probably comes down to a matter of opinion but in the event that the two were considered equally great at their position, I'd take the defenseman to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad