Speculation: Guess the AAV of the pending Draisaitl deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What will the AAV be of 29’s pending contract

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Well, I was waiting for a final sign to pull the trigger on this:

1724783879923.png

Dual Fuel! Natural Gas and can use wood at the same time. This is to replace my old wood burning Pizza Oven.

@Bryanbryoil I'll check shipping times and rates for both of us to arrive.

@5 Mins 4 Ftg Don't worry, I'll also make BBQ

@tardigrade81 Bring Schnapps. I'm a girly-drink type of guy

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
12.5M is the best number for the Oilers.

13.5M makes sense. 13 is a bad luck number though.

I say a compromise at 12.99M

Make it so Drai. Don’t be a dick, you already have a second home in Spain. 12.99M gets you a third and fourth home in France and Italy.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010

View attachment 903472
Dual Fuel! Natural Gas and can use wood at the same time. This is to replace my old wood burning Pizza Oven.

Good lord that’s a beauty

I say 12.5-13
Calling a bluff on Franks comments. A guy has to get paid and clicks are money(I hope).

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

View attachment 903472

I can get behind this!!!!!

I’m in!!!

Like I mean I’m down! To party. Not like… Im behind you sexually.

I’m behind you on the want to use that … and.. party

f*** sakes. You know what I mean

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
With Serevalli saying that the Oilers and Draisaitl are further apart than he anticipated what do you anticipate he signs for? (not what you’d like him to sign for, because that won’t happen)

The people who guess correctly will be entered into a random draw for an all expense paid trip to visit @Bryanbryoil in Hawaii for 2 weeks with the food being catered by @Bobieque and the booze provided by @tardigrade81 along with him teaching you how to do the splits without ripping your groin to shreds.
What a legendary prize this is. Can we enter more than once?

Pretty sure it’s going to take a lot longer than two weeks for @tardigrade81 to teach me to do the splits

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
$13.5m makes him the highest AAV in the league, but also doesn't overpay him ridiculously (because let's be honest, there will be decline in years 5-8 of this deal if it's an 8 year deal). It should be in that ballpark.
I'd be surprised if gets much less than Matthews, who's making 13.25 for 4 years. Especially on a team nursing a 9 million contract. Matthews's price is probably made higher by the shorter-term, but he's also younger. I think one should expect something like 13 for 7.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I'd be surprised if gets much less than Matthews, who's making 13.25 for 4 years. Especially on a team nursing a 9 million contract. Matthews's price is probably made higher by the shorter-term, but he's also younger. I think one should expect something like 13 for 7.

Matthews is probably the contract they're looking at. He's probably not worth as much on a 4-year deal, but if he's signing an additional 3-4 years that's definitely going to bump the AAV up. I'm thinking 13.8 ish

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Drai already gave us a "deal" on the first contract. I'm sure his agent will use this. I doubt he feels obligated to do so again. I hope we don't cave & give him 15m though...
Draisaitl outperformed that contract and 8 years later it looks like a “deal” but I’m hard pressed to agree he was giving the team a deal when it was signed. He got a massive raise when he signed and for the first year at least the league thought it was an over payment. No reason to think he wouldn’t have asked for more if he thought he could have gotten it then. The team owes him market value on the next one if they want to keep him (just like any player) but they don’t owe him more based on any perceived under payment on the last one.

Reactions: Barrsy

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
Draisaitl outperformed that contract and 8 years later it looks like a “deal” but I’m hard pressed to agree he was giving the team a deal when it was signed. He got a massive raise when he signed and for the first year at least the league thought it was an over payment. No reason to think he wouldn’t have asked for more if he thought he could have gotten it then. The team owes him market value on the next one if they want to keep him (just like any player) but they don’t owe him more based on any perceived under payment on the last one.
Oh it wasn't considered a deal at signing. Many were upset, I remember. Turned out to be a great bargain though...

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Matthews is probably the contract they're looking at. He's probably not worth as much on a 4-year deal, but if he's signing an additional 3-4 years that's definitely going to bump the AAV up. I'm thinking 13.8 ish
the longer term usually reduces the price when we are talking about an older player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad