Guelph Storm 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Injury and illness has again plagued the team early this season.
When healthy, this is a middle of the pack team.
The defense is extremely young and inexperienced. Right now they are plugging holes with call ups there.

For the sake of draft stock and having good returns on trades, I hope that they get healthy and pull it together before we lose players to tournies. Now that Luchanko is back they can name a captain and hopefully build some character, not let these huge L's get them off course.

Edited to add: We know these owners are good at getting people in the seats, marketing and advertising... my one stress is that they will interfere with George doing what he needs to do to ensure the best possible rebuild for a window around the '07's and '08's.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Injury and illness has again plagued the team early this season.
When healthy, this is a middle of the pack team.
The defense is extremely young and inexperienced. Right now they are plugging holes with call ups there.

For the sake of draft stock and having good returns on trades, I hope that they get healthy and pull it together before we lose players to tournies. Now that Luchanko is back they can name a captain and hopefully build some character, not let these huge L's get them off course.

Edited to add: We know these owners are good at getting people in the seats, marketing and advertising... my one stress is that they will interfere with George doing what he needs to do to ensure the best possible rebuild for a window around the '07's and '08's.
Do you think they will move Luchanko this year?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Do you think they will move Luchanko this year?

I think that George is smart, and has to realize that there is a very good chance they lose him for nothing next year if they don't. This is where I worry the ownership group may have a different opinion/may interfere. I hope that I'm wrong and that he is moved at the deadline, after helping lead this young group and turn the ship around once folks are healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad