Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
in all seriousness the 180 pivot people have done on myers to now being super choked he is hurt is interesting. i like him, we will miss him, but we ought to have the depth to cover for him if we are anything like a contender and so if we don't it's good to find out now.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
As of now, I have no interest in moving Willander, Lekk or our 1st (maybe even our 2nd). I want to be good for a while and not have to re-live the mid 2010's again in a couple of years. And I say this as someone who will be turning 60 during this upcoming season. I want to see a Stanley Cup in my lifetime, but more than that, I don't want to see another decade of depressing suckage again. There's been too many of those.
This. We keep complaining the cupboard is bare, but keep making proposals for rentals. What did it get us last year?

I think we regress from last year, and end up about 6 - 7 th in the west. We should not be trading what little futures we have.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
None yet. If he is out for term, I wonder how the Canucks approach it. Wolanin and Brannstrom are down on the farm. Justin Schultz is still out there as an FA. And then there’s the trade market.

Friedman would be the guy, I bet. If they want to stay out of LTIR, send down Bains and recall Friedman. No change in cap and Friedman can play wing in a pinch.

Reactions: Lindgren

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As of now, I have no interest in moving Willander, Lekk or our 1st (maybe even our 2nd). I want to be good for a while and not have to re-live the mid 2010's again in a couple of years. And I say this as someone who will be turning 60 during this upcoming season. I want to see a Stanley Cup in my lifetime, but more than that, I don't want to see another decade of depressing suckage again. There's been too many of those.

Then the roster we have right now is what we're taking into the playoffs. And to be frank, barring yet another career year from everyone important, we're not making it through the likes of Colorado or Dallas. Hell, much as I hate to say it, we'd struggle with Edmonton too.

We simply don't have the depth to make a serious cup run right now without mortgaging the future. None of that is to say we should trade any one of those for any old add. I actually wouldn't be interested in moving Willander or Lekk unless it was for a huge, long term, upgrade. Our 1st or 2nd though? Punt them out the door, again, for the right addition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad