Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
i don't think anyone goes down. they are stuck carrying 3 goalies and they need 13 forwards and 7 dmen. that forces them to ltir somebody until joshua is healthy or they make a trade. plus if they ltir poolman and put demko on ir they could actually call someone up.

As mentioned, depends entirely on Suter's health. If he's ready to go there's actually quite a bit they could move around, but if he's out there's not much point in sending anyone down.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Raty depends on Suter’s health. If he’s good to go I think Raty basically automatically goes down. There is room for Bains until Joshua is back, but they could also send him down and move Aman to wing (again if Suter is healthy) to possibly stay out of LTIR (along with waiving one of Juulsen/Friedman).

It will largely be dictated by the cap situation I’d think since we’re talking bottom of the line-up guys and nobody has really blown the doors off.

If Suter is injured to start the year, it really doesn’t matter unless you intend to make a waiver claim. You’ll pretty much be in LTIR regardless.
say they go with 21man roster. they still need an extra body just in case right. suter hurt,demko,joshua, poolman "unless they find a way to trade him somehow"

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I love it!....the Canucks are almost every pundit's pick as 'a regression candidate' in the West. They're not putting much stock in the Canucks wire-to-wire Pacific Division title last season.

This is good......better to head into the season with a chip on your shoulder, and try to prove the 'experts' wrong yet again.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
We haven’t discussed much what a Demko (healthy) extension would look like—but Swayman at 8y x 8.25m would be the absolute low comparable right now.

When Igor Shesterkin re-signs—it might reset the #1 goalie market even higher above $10m.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We haven’t discussed much what a Demko (healthy) extension would look like—but Swayman at 8y x 8.25m would be the absolute low comparable right now.

When Igor Shesterkin re-signs—it might reset the #1 goalie market even higher above $10m.
With Demko's health issues and general goalie inconsistency I don't think I'd want to commit to him at a north of 8m AAV for that kind of term. I think I'd be happier with Silovs and investing that cap space into better defense.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Do the Canucks re claim Patera if he does indeed get waived? They liked him enough to sign him for 2 years, but they may like to roll Tolopilo/Young in the AHL.

If they aren’t concerned about contract limits, they should re-claim him. Allows them more opportunity to run a 3 goalie tandem and potentially move one of Silovs/Lankinen later in the year if they choose to do so.

Reactions: arttk

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Yes Demko when healthy is in the same ballpark of value to the team as Hughes/Miller/Pettersson, yet makes only $5M. That's a massive cap boon, we're basically paying the same or less for goaltending as our competition yet getting Vezina calibre quality, and it's a complete curse that because of injury we're not getting the benefit of it.

Yet a minor blessing, if Demko is going to go Corey Schneider on us thank god he's not at the beginning of a Swayman-like contract. 2 more seasons at $5M per is a perfect contract to figure things out and evaluate what we have in Silvos. If he can or does rebound from this weird knee injury and return to Vezina calibre starter status then the real market value for him is going to be more like $10M a season.

Reactions: andora

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I expect we will again win the
I love it!....the Canucks are almost every pundit's pick as 'a regression candidate' in the West. They're not putting much stock in the Canucks wire-to-wire Pacific Division title last season.

This is good......better to head into the season with a chip on your shoulder, and try to prove the 'experts' wrong yet again.

Which pundits are you talking about?

Everyone has the Canucks firmly in a playoff spot. Even Dom and his wacky model who hates the Canucks have them likely to finish 2nd in the division. Unless that's the fall off you're talking about?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I cant imagine demkos contract demands at the age he will be will be attractive im the slightest

I could see an easy walkaway

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Poolman trade coming up.

1000062145.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad