Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Yippee, PDG cleared. I have a feeling he’ll be up sooner than later.

Patera claim isn’t the worst. Guarantees Tolopilo/Silovs big AHL time as well.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wtf who claims Patera. He didn't look that good in camp and he'd probably be the third-stringer in Abbotsford when all healthy. So no big deal post-Lankinen contract, which looks lucky as heck given the current goaltending market.

Nice to hold onto PDG, he is good depth.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

did not expect that

What a strange claim. Surely there would be better/more proven goalies hitting waivers in the next few days?
they are going to war with Swayman it seems

Wtf who claims Patera. He didn't look that good in camp and he'd probably be the third-stringer in Abbotsford when all healthy. So no big deal post-Lankinen contract, which looks lucky as heck given the current goaltending market.

Nice to hold onto PDG, he is good depth.
actually i feel like this is good for us. There should be enough time for Silovs and Tolo to play now.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
did not expect that

they are going to war with Swayman it seems

actually i feel like this is good for us. There should be enough time for Silovs and Tolo to play now.

Yeah, I won't scoff at goaltending depth in any capacity, but he'd have been battling Tolopilo with Demko out, and if Silovs goes down he's basically heading to the ECHL or something. As far as I can tell, Tolopilo has squarely outplayed him to-date as well so he'd have been effectively 5th on the depth chart.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wasn't Spencer Martin .930 god of a goalie in 21-22 for a handful of games and then the next season he had to play some 20 games and was average and annoyed people? :laugh:

He wasn't average in 22-23. He had one of the worst stretches of goaltending in the modern history of the NHL and was at like .850 over a 20-game sample size starting around when Demko got hurt. It was stunningly bad.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
IMHO, Jiri patera is one of the greatest to lace them up.

Retire his number now

I have so many questions. Such as the following:

1. Why does Jiri Patera sound like the next great Czech relief pitcher?
2. Who was the first great Czech relief pitcher?
3. Did I make that up?

Re: the claim...

That's the most surprised I've been since my dad recorded over my VHS of my first goal in minor hockey with an episode of the West Wing. I've always hated that song.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, I won't scoff at goaltending depth in any capacity, but he'd have been battling Tolopilo with Demko out, and if Silovs goes down he's basically heading to the ECHL or something. As far as I can tell, Tolopilo has squarely outplayed him to-date as well so he'd have been effectively 5th on the depth chart.
well we have an open slot to claim one if we really feel like we need another goalie.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
With Suter missing another day, Hirose’s concussion, and the other major injuries, I’m not sure there’s a way for them to stay off LTIR even if they trade Poolman.

Last report is Hirose was feeling better and is in the protocol. I expect he'll recover in time to be re-assigned. Suter is the big question mark, as he'll probably largely dictate the path forward.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Patera claimed by Bost. Wonder if this is part of the Swayman saga. Guess they thought it couldn't hurt to bring him in as backup until Swayman signs. Seems like an kinda strange strategy.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Bruin’s management: Hey Swayman we don’t need you we got Korpisalo and Jiri Patera.

Swaymans camp:

1727896987451.gif

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad