Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Boys of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There's no way Suter is anywhere near the chopping block. Dude played most of last year as our 1st line LW. Sure he was sort of a place holder, but nobody came to take his place. He can also play C, and is cheap as hell.
Trades? Who knows. Absolutely no chance he's waived, and would never clear if he was. He's more likely to be back with Miller, Boeser than to be wearing a different uniform next year imo.

View attachment 900660

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Podkolzin Blueger Sherwood would be such a damn good 4th line in my mind. I think Sherwood would help bring out the chippiness in Podkolzin as well. Watching Sherwood against us in the first round was so annoying

Heinen Miller Boeser
Debrusk Pettersson Hoglander
Joshua Suter Garland
Podkolzin Blueger Sherwood

Sprong will rotate in based on who’s stale for the week and injuries will inevitably happen. Suter/Blueger rotate.

i remember midway through the regular season when höglander started coming on there was a game when he was moved from the fourth to the top line, i think it was against new jersey. i get why he didn’t stick but my dream scenario is he finds a way to make tocchet trust him there.

that would give us

hög jtm boeser
debrusk petey heinen
joshua bluegers garland
sherwood suter pod
sprong

and if everything breaks just right and josh and pod earn promotions that could transition to

hög jtm boeser
josh petey debrusk
pod bluegers garland
heinen suter sherwood
sprong

highly unlikely but wow that is an embarrassment of riches on the fourth line. and i so would love pod to unlock in himself what joshua unlocked last year.

• Love
Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
you do realize that boeser might not be 100 percent healthy heading into training camp right.. because of his blood clot issues. what if it flares up again. his spot could be taken by anyone competing in camp.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
you do realize that boeser might not be 100 percent healthy heading into training camp right.. because of his blood clot issues. what if it flares up again. his spot could be taken by anyone competing in camp.
Who's reporting this? From what I understand Boeser sustained a very deep bone bruise during the playoffs that swelled up and caused the blood clot concerns. Assuming that with most of the last three months off, there should hardly be any recurring problems in training camp.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Who's reporting this? From what I understand Boeser sustained a very deep bone bruise during the playoffs that swelled up and caused the blood clot concerns. Assuming that with most of the last three months off, there should hardly be any recurring problems in training camp.
nobody just speculation guessing on my part. he suffered a broken finger in the nashville series as well.

Reactions: theguardianII

dez

Mar 3, 2012
If Boesers out to start season, makes sense why they have all this forward depth then.

Reactions: David71

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
There's no way Suter is anywhere near the chopping block. Dude played most of last year as our 1st line LW. Sure he was sort of a place holder, but nobody came to take his place. He can also play C, and is cheap as hell.
Trades? Who knows. Absolutely no chance he's waived, and would never clear if he was. He's more likely to be back with Miller, Boeser than to be wearing a different uniform next year imo.
Disagree. It's not about getting waived or "chopped" it's about a roster spot and a player who could be used to return a player (LD) with a contract that allows for a bit more return of contract than say Hoglander Podkolzin and their 1m deals.

Especially so if you factor he's a pending UFA and now that they have brought in Heinen Debrusk Sherwood and Sprong that he's no longer needed as a winger and Raty by next year should be taking his job at C. See Blueger @2 yrs

28 pts per 82(last 2yrs) is not a top6 player. Suter is as you said a placeholder. He's a good player but he's in a precarious position for role. Im not wishing him away just rationalizing that he's in a position to be a bargain chip given that often acquisitions require contracts out for contracts in and he's probably not in long term plans without playing incredibly well at C this year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
There is no reason he should be out.But this is Boeser we are talking about.I am betting he struggles to get 30 this year and misses long stretches of games played.

Boeser suffered a broken finger and continued to score. I doubt that injury would affect him to start the season. Not a doctor but the blood clots stemmed from trauma. Given Boeser's age and physical fitness, if Boeser is still suffering from blood clotting issues to start the season I would be worried that this is potentially a career-ending symptom.

Aside from that, Boeser has enjoyed relative good health. He played 81 games last season, 74 before, and 71 prior to that. At this point in time, Boeser shouldn't be considered an injury prone player.

Reactions: Chiripa20

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
There is no reason he should be out.But this is Boeser we are talking about.I am betting he struggles to get 30 this year and misses long stretches of games played.
Sometimes these deep bone bruises' calcify. Cam Neely had this happen and I think another player did too, can't remember his name though.

I hope he isn't hurt, it would devalue him even more. Those playoffs were his best games he has played for the Canucks and may have increased his trade value.
nobody just speculation guessing on my part. he suffered a broken finger in the nashville series as well.
Fractured or broken? A fracture (cracked bone) could be an exaggerated but still somewhat accurate as broken (snapped into parts).
Many blue collared workers have continued working with fractures out of necessity and even a lot of recreational hockey players.
Sometimes they just go numb once the game starts.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Boeser’s blood clot was caused by a blocked shot early in the Oilers series. It was found right away and was non-threatening but worth monitoring. It was after it moved into a deep vein did it become a problem. Unlike most injuries, there’s not a lot of mystery around it. What we don’t know is if there are any long term effects or if the problem will occur.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I see J-Pat on Canucks Army is wondering about bringing in Justin Shultz on a PTO? Former long-time Penguin; right shot, 34 year old d-man, with some offense in his game. Last two years in Seattle, be hit the UFA market and still without a deal.

Would he make any sense for the Canucks--or is he done?

If that’s actually all it takes to bring him in, I’d give it a whirl. His game has definitely come down, but he’s got some playmaking ability. I’d have no issue giving him a tryout to see what’s left in the tank. There’s familiarity with Allvin and Rutherford there, too.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I see J-Pat on Canucks Army is wondering about bringing in Justin Shultz on a PTO? Former long-time Penguin; right shot, 34 year old d-man, with some offense in his game. Last two years in Seattle, be hit the UFA market and still without a deal.

Would he make any sense for the Canucks--or is he done?

Pending salary, it makes sense to replace one of Juulsen or Friedman with Schultz as a #7. He's a right-shot with some offensive pedigree, and it was only two years ago he was pretty decent for Seattle.

Reactions: Kickassguy

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Boeser’s blood clot was caused by a blocked shot early in the Oilers series. It was found right away and was non-threatening but worth monitoring. It was after it moved into a deep vein did it become a problem. Unlike most injuries, there’s not a lot of mystery around it. What we don’t know is if there are any long term effects or if the problem will occur.
Yeah he should be fine after some time on blood thinners. It’s not like he can’t workout while on blood thinners.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
it’s widely understood DVT/blood clotting has a very high reoccurrence risk (I think it’s like 30-40% in 7-10 years). Timonnen had one in 2008 and again 2014.

Fleischmann and Jed Ortmeyer played while on blood thinners after diagnosis (Fleischmann had to use a pressurized suit for when flying) so I guess you can play while on it.

Vasilevsky had surgery for a blood clot issue but I believe it was related to a prior surgery and not trauma/genetic related. Andersen no clue if he returned while on blood thinners.

Blood clots suck. Once you’ve had them, it can be like a ticking time bomb before you have the next one and you have to be regularly checked for it as I understand it. Especially since they can come back spontaneously which is just scary as f***

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
wasnt edm the oldest team in the league? or like top3. i wonder how that'll look if they lose both RFAs lol

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
wasnt edm the oldest team in the league? or like top3. i wonder how that'll look if they lose both RFAs lol

St. Louis hockey commentator Andy Strickland @andystrickland
You would think the St. Louis Blues would be able to get at least one of the two. The Evander Kane injury situation could be a wildcard… Pretty well thought out strategic move by the #stlblues to reaquire a 2nd round pick from Pitt. Edm with $3 mil in dead money between Campbell and Neal puts them in a bad spot. Edm lacks young established players in the org , this would decimate Edm youth in their lineup with one sub 25 year old in Bouchard. Plus with upcoming negotiations with Draisaitl and Bouchard coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad