Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Offer Sheets?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
you only need 6-8 players for a pk. vancouver are going to go with a bunch of guys making sub 3m on their pk. edmonton won't have any issues
every team has 6-8 to PK,that requirement is baked in, you have to find 6-8 people to pk regardless.

Edmonton's PK had like a miracle playoffs, they finished like 96% or some crazy shit like that and they lost basically 4 guys from that, Foegele, McLeod, Desharnais (Broberg replaced him and they lost him too) and Ceci. I am sure their PK is going to be fine, but fine isn't 96.x% and they probably wouldn't made it past us, the stars or the kings if their PK was below 90%, that was how much impact their PK had in the playoffs. can they find cheap replacements? sure. But will they be as effective as the guys they've lost because they lost a bunch of speedy guys and guys who are good blocking the puck.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
don't think anyone would be concerned with Drai being paid 14M. I think their problem is going to be, how do you ice a team when you pay 30M to just McD and Drai. On top of that, have Boucher take 10M and Nurse with his 9.xM contract, you end up having 50M on 4 players. Even with the cap at 100M, it's really hard to fill out the rest of the team with 50M, never mind the fact they have like no prospects anywhere. Add on top of that, they already have Nuge taking like 6M as well with a NMC so the best case scenario is they have 44M to fill in 18 players? They are going to be taking on a shit ton of reclamation projects and throw them beside McD and Drai and bank on that working out.

I think people really overlook the part that their success last post season really hinged on their godly PK. Good luck creating a 95% PK when everyone they bring in is near league min pay.

I appreciate that, but that's kind of the reality of the cap.

Its like if you had a hamburger cap that capped the height of a hamburger at 3 inches, and your beef patty was going to have to be 1.5 inches, and you are considering maybe getting rid of that beef patty or reducing its size because it will be too thick and you are worried that you won't have enough vegetables, or that the bread will be too thin. But the beef is the best part so why are you trying to get rid of it or reduce it so you can have more lettuce or some other stupid vegetable that takes up space.

Getting rid of Draisaitl would be like dumping your delicious 1.5 inch beef patty only to make a stupid veggy burger that no one likes.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I appreciate that, but that's kind of the reality of the cap.

Its like if you had a hamburger cap that capped the height of a hamburger at 3 inches, and your beef patty was going to have to be 1.5 inches, and you are considering maybe getting rid of that beef patty or reducing its size because it will be too thick and you are worried that you won't have enough vegetables, or that the bread will be too thin. But the beef is the best part so why are you trying to get rid of it or reduce it so you can have more lettuce or some other stupid vegetable that takes up space.

Getting rid of Draisaitl would be like dumping your delicious 1.5 inch beef patty only to make a stupid veggy burger that no one likes.
oh yeah, if i was Oilers management, there is no way I would let Drai go and sign him to whatever the f*** contract he would agree to.

I am just saying, I just don't think they will be that competitive because they are going to lose a f*** ton of depth and they will either need McD and Drai to play with scrubs in order to have a respectable bottom 6 or they will have a good top6 and absolute trash in the bototm 6. nevermind the fact the D is going to be hella suspect when Ekholm leaves. They will have Bouchard and Nurse anchoring separate parings and we know Nurse can't f***ing defend. We'll find out soon if Bouchard can without Ekholm and they are going to be boned if he can't and they've already committed like 10M to him.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I hope Demko doesn’t rush it. The pursuit of Lankinen makes me think management has the same thoughts which is good.
Canucks can seal the deal on Lankinen if they toss in a few of these:
beer.jpeg

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It's interesting that the Canucks seem to have interest in Raanta if Lankinen doesn't sign yet no mention of any interest in Vancouver born Martin Jones

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's interesting that the Canucks seem to have interest in Raanta if Lankinen doesn't sign yet no mention of any interest in Vancouver born Martin Jones

Martin Jones is retiring according to Woodley. Raanta seems like a play, it was reported by iMac after all, to pressure Lankinen.

Reactions: wonton15

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Martin Jones is retiring according to Woodley. Raanta seems like a play, it was reported by iMac after all, to pressure Lankinen.
Pretty surprising if true. Seems a little young for a goalie to retire. He did OK for Toronto when Samsonov was having a mental breakdown.
I hope it is just a play. I don't want to give Raanta even a PTO chance to make the team. I have no confidence in Raanta at all.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

State run media alert!

Rutherford on Goalies:
-confirms Demko and Silovs are working their way back to full health
-have not done any physicals yet
-may have to claim a goalie on waivers as a temporary option
-prefer to stay out of LTIR and believe they can do it
-PTO is an option

MacIntyre:
-Canucks linked to Lankinen
-have gauged offering a PTO to Raanta
-believed Demko had some kind of surgical procedure
-Silovs suffered "knee ligament inflammation" from over-training
-Demko returned to skating this week
-Latvia's GM said Silovs will be fine for Canucks training camp

Rutherford on Canucks:
-have more depth and balance in their forward lines
-entire organization needs to match last season and not forget how hard everyone worked
-expectations are higher now
-he's very excited for this season

Rutherford confirmed in a Tuesday interview with Sportsnet that the Canucks’ star goalie and promising projected backup are still working their way towards full fitness as players return to Vancouver this week for informal practices ahead of the opening of training camp in Penticton on Sept. 19.

But just in case, Rutherford said the Canucks continue to consider options to bring in another goalie with NHL experience, even if the transaction is as modest as a professional tryout for training camp and the pre-season.

The Canucks have been linked in reports to free-agent goalie Kevin Lankinen, and have also gauged the possibility of a PTO for veteran Antti Raanta, who played for Vancouver head coach Rick Tocchet during four seasons in Arizona.

To this stage, the Canucks’ pursuit of another goalie has been a slow simmer, although urgency could ramp up over the next month depending on Demko and Silovs.

But CHEK-TV’s Rick Dhaliwal reported in August that Demko was still not fit and his recovery, although progressing, was slower than expected. It is believed (but not confirmed) that the San Diegan underwent at least some kind of surgical procedure during the summer.

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
IMac putting pressure on Lankinen in proxy from the team. Confirmed Lankinen signing this Friday at $1M

Reactions: Vector

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
"I know our goalies are working hard towards being ready for the season."

Anyone here read Animal Farm?

• Haha
Reactions: quat

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

State run media alert!

Rutherford on Goalies:
-confirms Demko and Silovs are working their way back to full health
-have not done any physicals yet
-may have to claim a goalie on waivers as a temporary option
-prefer to stay out of LTIR and believe they can do it
-PTO is an option

MacIntyre:
-Canucks linked to Lankinen
-have gauged offering a PTO to Raanta
-believed Demko had some kind of surgical procedure
-Silovs suffered "knee ligament inflammation" from over-training
-Demko returned to skating this week
-Latvia's GM said Silovs will be fine for Canucks training camp

Rutherford on Canucks:
-have more depth and balance in their forward lines
-entire organization needs to match last season and not forget how hard everyone worked
-expectations are higher now
-he's very excited for this season

Rutherford confirmed in a Tuesday interview with Sportsnet that the Canucks’ star goalie and promising projected backup are still working their way towards full fitness as players return to Vancouver this week for informal practices ahead of the opening of training camp in Penticton on Sept. 19.

But just in case, Rutherford said the Canucks continue to consider options to bring in another goalie with NHL experience, even if the transaction is as modest as a professional tryout for training camp and the pre-season.

The Canucks have been linked in reports to free-agent goalie Kevin Lankinen, and have also gauged the possibility of a PTO for veteran Antti Raanta, who played for Vancouver head coach Rick Tocchet during four seasons in Arizona.

To this stage, the Canucks’ pursuit of another goalie has been a slow simmer, although urgency could ramp up over the next month depending on Demko and Silovs.

But CHEK-TV’s Rick Dhaliwal reported in August that Demko was still not fit and his recovery, although progressing, was slower than expected. It is believed (but not confirmed) that the San Diegan underwent at least some kind of surgical procedure during the summer.

Demko recovering from a surgical procedure is not a bad thing. Would be more concerning if it's, Demko still trying to rehab without any surgical procedure, that would just be delaying that inevitable.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Hockey Writers site has released its list of the five, 'best value' contracts in the entire NHL. And two Vancouver Canucks make the list.

Nils Hoglander at $1.1m and Daniel Sprong at $975,000. The writer bases their assessment on the expect goals outcome; shooting percentage and versatility up and down the lineup. Canucks were the only team with two players on the list.

Seems like only yesterday the Canucks were carrying around a payroll that was equal parts, 'deadweight' and 'average value'. But looking at their salary cap numbers now, it's hard to quibble with what anyone is being paid. It's a 'sea-change', for sure.

Reactions: quat

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Demko recovering from a surgical procedure is not a bad thing. Would be more concerning if it's, Demko still trying to rehab without any surgical procedure, that would just be delaying that inevitable.

I still wonder what’s with the secrecy. Just say he had a procedure and the recovery time is X months or whatever.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Clio will be the Canucks' away jersey sponsor this season.

Some f***ing legal software startup that is probably AI based was the highest bidder for these absolute jokes of ads?

The real move is to flip this ridiculous jersey situation and give the ad space to local small business and make it about community and the city not another money grab, even if its something touristy like Lee’s Donuts, it would be so much better

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Some f***ing legal software startup that is probably AI based was the highest bidder for these absolute jokes of ads?

The real move is to flip this ridiculous jersey situation and give the ad space to local small business and make it about community and the city not another money grab, even if its something touristy like Lee’s Donuts, it would be so much better

clio is local. they were founded in burnaby

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Reactions: wonton15

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007

I used Clio in my past before AI was a thing. They’ve been around for a while for law practice management and are well known in that circle. Others already mentioned, Clio is based in BC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad