Euro: Group C: Slovenia vs. Serbia

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
It’s not really your traditional ex-YU rivalry game but Slovenia always give Serbia a hard time. Slovenia essentially knocked out Serbia about 10 years ago for one Euro

Reactions: maclean

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
20 mins in and don’t think Oblak touched the ball despite Serbias possession. Slovenia look decent when going forward but as I said in the ENG-SRB thread this Serbia team is so disorganized at times

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Only tuned in a few minutes ago but Slovenia looking surprisingly dominant

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, not often you see a corner go right through the penalty area right in front of the goal like that with no one getting a touch on it

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Post for Slovenia, should have scored there though. They look more likely to score. Serbia have had a shot though

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Now Serbia really should've scored, Mitrovic kinda in a wrestling grip though

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
20 mins in and don’t think Oblak touched the ball despite Serbias possession. Slovenia look decent when going forward but as I said in the ENG-SRB thread this Serbia team is so disorganized at times

It's wild how much worse they are than the sum of their parts. On paper, they've got real talent at every level, with a good blend of vets & kids, but then you watch them and what you see is...this...

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm also suprised they don't start Vanja, he's one of the best GKs in Italy in my book

Focus on #21 for Serbia he's so bad lol.
He had one good year at Frankfurt but he's been bad since, now he plays in Greece and has no business being on their team.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Very possible a team with 2 points advances to the knockout stages. As ridiculous as that is.

It’s looking possible, still early days though. Slovenia might be able to go through with three draws so not all lost for them. A lot will depend on the Poland-Austria, Slovakia-Ukraine and Czech-Georgia. If those games end in draws then it’s possible 2 points could be enough down the line

It was massive for Serbia, a win against Denmark and they have a very good chance of advancing.

Maybe I’m overrating Denmark but the way Serbia is playing, Denmark should get a result at least a draw

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
It’s looking possible, still early days though. Slovenia might be able to go through with three draws so not all lost for them. A lot will depend on the Poland-Austria, Slovakia-Ukraine and Czech-Georgia. If those games end in draws then it’s possible 2 points could be enough down the line

Maybe I’m overrating Denmark but the way Serbia is playing, Denmark should get a result at least a draw
That's subjective though. If Denmark loses today, the group is still wide open. Slovenia is in a much more difficult spot as they play England last.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Eff this Serbia team and their hooligan fans throwing bottles at Slovenia. Brilliant match, not going to lie, should have finished 3-3, but now I am hoping Serbia have a disastrous rest of the group stage. Go Slovenia!

Who is #11 for Slovenia as he was a complete stud out there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad