Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I've hated watching my family and friends that are Bruins fans stop watching weekly, then monthly then, 'why do you even listen to those rumours or read anything. They are not getting the replacement until after a full rebuild.'

'Jacobs wants playoff revenue then call it a transition year.'

'Hey Coach, did they sell you another 3rd liner as the saviour?' (That's from non-Bruins fans, lol)
You don't enjoy the Atlanta Braves like regular season success?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m Sweeney I offer future 2’s for prospects blocked in other systems

It’s insane how many players in Buffalo, Montreal, Chicago for example

They got no where to put or play several guys- really good top 6 prospects blocked unless they went to be 4th liners blocking shots….um, no

Gotta be super stressful for these Kids

Many ready but no spot

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You could be right but I feel like we have a pretty good sample beyond that one year...

2019 - 78 points
2020 - 29 goals in 70 games
2021 - 47 points in 56 games
2022 - 42 goals and 82 points in 82 games (the season you're referring to)
2023 - 64 points

Over that 5 year span (369 games) he averaged 31 goals and 72 points per 82. Even if you take out his best year (2022) he still averages 28 goals and 69 points per 82.

I'd like to believe the outlier is this year where he was injured.

The thing for me is realistically, we've seen his best work. The vast majority of players peak seasons are 24-28. Lindholm will be 30 this year. He's already on the wrong side of the hill. Now that being said, you put him in the right situation in between Marchand and Pasta, I'd expect his production to uptick in the short term. I can see 25-30 goals, maybe 70 points. But I say short term because the fact is, Marchand doesn't have a lot of time left as an elite player or in the league in general.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Poitras very important

I got him pegged as Savard-like just when

Lindholm
Coyle
Poitras
Boqvist

This is what I hope to see starting Jan at latest

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The thing for me is realistically, we've seen his best work. The vast majority of players peak seasons are 24-28. Lindholm will be 30 this year. He's already on the wrong side of the hill. Now that being said, you put him in the right situation in between Marchand and Pasta, I'd expect his production to uptick in the short term. I can see 25-30 goals, maybe 70 points. But I say short term because the fact is, Marchand doesn't have a lot of time left as an elite player or in the league in general.
Lindholm will be 35 the first half of year 7 of an extension

I’m pretty confident he will be pretty good then

I was at his draft in NJ and was hoping we’d grab him in a deal at some point

I see him as you say / Bergeron 25 G 60 points but he’s a strong defensive player to me and be great with Pastrnak

Hockey is my third sport so I don’t know as much as many here who it’s there first and have analytics and all sorts of info he will be the next Backes

Maybe so but I’d take that chance

If they get him great to me

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I see him as you say / Bergeron 25 G 60 points but he’s a strong defensive player to me and be great with Pastrnak

Hockey is my third sport so I don’t know as much as many here who it’s there first and have analytics and all sorts of info he will be the next Backes

The term is the real issue for me. Simply put, he's not good enough IMO to warrant a max term deal like 7 years. And if he drops back later in the deal to a say 15 goal, 40 point guy, now it's an albatross if he's in the 7.5 to 8.0 million range with multiple years left on his deal.

He's gonna get "over-termed" based on the lack of supply in this year's free agency + his one massive year in 2021-22. He's a good solid all-around player. I'd prefer they invest that money in a primary scorer but is there one available? Probably not. Give me 5 years, I'm sold.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

If so, likely chasing in vain.

I stand back and watch with a gimlet eye.

Much to come, much to view.

Again, we'll see.

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

If so, likely chasing in vain.

I stand back and watch with a gimlet eye.

Much to come, much to view.

Again, we'll see.
Poitras and the 25 th should do it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
we’re a draisaitl miracle away from sweeney punting another year of pastas prime and one of the final years of marchands league best contract. truly impressive how he’s squandered the pieces and opportunities he’s had the past 9 seasons.
Great point

Sweeney should have gone all in, in 22-23 when he had Krejci & Bergeron instead of saying ‘trades are hard’

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

I’d try and sign him if I was Sweeney. I’m sure he has an offer ready. Who knows who will win the bidding war though. I’m sure lots of teams have offers ready for him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Poitras and the 25 th should do it.

Nope. Not trading Matt.

Just like I'm not trading Mason or John Beecher.

Lysell and Merkulov, and any number of a swollen bottom six, fine.

I'd trade Frederic or The Geek, no problem.

After the three million signing of Korpi, if "Sweenes" turns around and resigns Heinen for anything more than one mill, I'll scream.

All will unfold, and I shall snipe from the sidelines in real time.

But let's give Sweeney & Co. running room, and see where they finish.

Oy!

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Neely ought to take his #8 out of retirement and give it to Kastellic. His grand father, Pat Stapleton wore it when he played for the Bruins.
Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist it was just a fun factoid that I ran across.

Thanks for that.

Both you and Playmakers, who posted several vids of Kastellic in action, may add to my appreciation of the pick-up.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Great point

Sweeney should have gone all in, in 22-23 when he had Krejci & Bergeron instead of saying ‘trades are hard’
the hater in me says he did too much too late in the season not allowing them to gel for the playoffs

Reactions: Kegs

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Anybody seen any comments from the GM how he feels about the trade. Perhaps they included a future considerations in hiding, if somehow Linus sign an extension in the fall, after finding Ottawa is a nice place.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Anybody seen any comments from the GM how he feels about the trade. Perhaps they included a future considerations in hiding, if somehow Linus sign an extension in the fall, after finding Ottawa is a nice place.

They cant do conditions anymore. The CBA no longer allows it. The deal is done.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Honestly listening to Dom’s live stream (he made this clear on it) made me feel much less angry about the trade. Still don’t love it obviously, but it is what it is.

It’s good to get everything in context.

The last live stream was awesome. More people should listen in just for the learning.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
pastas prime

Crazy how time flies.

For some reason I was thinking he was 24/25.

Didn't realize he's 28. Getting close to the point in the next couple seasons where his best years are behind him statistically (while still being a great player as he ages). Maybe he bucks the trend though and remains highly productive into his mid 30s.

Hope Sweeney and co. can get another shot before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad