Euro: Group C Final round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
A few England players have been very defensive over the criticism they have received since last game. I remember Walker, Kane and Rice addressing it, but there were more I don’t remember.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
A few England players have been very defensive over the criticism they have received since last game. I remember Walker, Kane and Rice addressing it, but there were more I don’t remember.
I don't blame them given the bait and switch of the media. Heroes or zeroes, nothing in between. It would be immensely tiresome to be involved with the England team.

Reactions: Jussi

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I don't blame them given the bait and switch of the media. Heroes or zeroes, nothing in between. It would be immensely tiresome to be involved with the England team.
That is absolutely not unique to England. They need to handle it better.

I want to feel sorry for them for having such a terrible manager, but they seem content with him. They are bonafide losers.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I want to feel sorry for them for having such a terrible manager, but they seem content with him. They are bonafide losers.
To be fair, no player is going to come out and attack the manager mid-tournament

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
Wow 35-40.000 Danish fans in Munich.
They are very loud :) Just had them all sing “Re-Sepp-Ten” without music 😍

Goosebumps😮

Still have huge doubts about this team, but will hope for the best.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not their fault France played like absolute ass and choked the group.

I know its just becoming a joke at this point, plus the last Euro where they pretty much had home games throughout. Ironically as a Croatia fan though I need them to win by 3 goals tonight so for once I have to cheer for them :laugh: (though in reality Croatia don't deserve to go through with 2 points)

Reactions: Karterthadon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Some have in the past, for example Roy Keane at WC 2002. When your captain is someone like Harry Kane though, no-one from that group will.
To be fair, I'm not sure Roy Keane is exactly someone you can use as precedent on these matters!

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

I want to feel sorry for them for having such a terrible manager, but they seem content with him.
I disagree. I think that's like saying dealing with the media in Montreal or Toronto is the same as doing so in Winnipeg or St.Louis for that matter. Remember England is the country that managed to turn its monarchy into a global media soap opera.

I also think it's crazy to expect a player to come out against their manager given the same media figures who attack the manager will then turn on you as a disloyal troublemaker who's probably the real reason things aren't working out. Mentioning Roy Keane in this context isn't really proving that point wrong - given that Keane didn't play for Ireland for 2 years as a result, got widely criticized and lost the captaincy permanently. And that was Roy Keane, the undisputed star and leader of the team with a huge standing in his country, and Ireland which really couldn't afford to be picky in team selection. In big nations national team careers have ended over much less.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I disagree. I think that's like saying dealing with the media in Montreal or Toronto is the same as doing so in Winnipeg or St.Louis for that matter. Remember England is the country that managed to turn its monarchy into a global media soap opera.

I also think it's crazy to expect a player to come out against their manager given the same media figures who attack the manager will then turn on you as a disloyal troublemaker who's probably the real reason things aren't working out. Mentioning Roy Keane in this context isn't really proving that point wrong - given that Keane didn't play for Ireland for 2 years as a result, got widely criticized and lost the captaincy permanently. And that was Roy Keane, the undisputed star and leader of the team with a huge standing in his country, and Ireland which really couldn't afford to be picky in team selection. In big nations national team careers have ended over much less.
Catching strays!!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
England's warmup jacket looks like a fake Gordon Gartrelle

1719343392427.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad