cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Germany - 6pts, +6
Switzerland - 4pts, +2
Scotland - 1pts, -4
Hungary - 0pts, -4

- 2nd place in group A gets 2nd from group B (currently Italy) before the winner of 1st in Group C (England) v 3rd from D/E/F.
- 1st place in group A gets 2nd from group C (currently Denmark) before the winner of 1st in Group B (Spain) v 3rd from A/D/E/F.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That one is really close. Will be a shame if that gets called back as it was a nice one.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
There’s a reason Germany is ranked 16th in the world by FIFA. We’re seeing it here today. Germany are clearly not close to the level of Spain/France/England in terms of pure talent and it’s going to hold them back once again. I’d be shocked if they make it past the round of 16, regardless of the home field advantage. Not enough quality throughout the lineup.

• Love
Reactions: cgf

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There’s a reason Germany is ranked 16th in the world by FIFA. We’re seeing it here today. Germany are clearly not close to the level of Spain/France/England in terms of pure talent and it’s going to hold them back once again. I’d be shocked if they make it past the round of 16, regardless of the home field advantage. Not enough quality throughout the lineup.

Bahahahhahahahaha.

Reactions: Blender

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Germany not helped by the slow, choppy pitch, but also typical German problems of having a void up front, lack of precision when playing out opportunities and of course susceptibility to counter attacks. The sloppy passing is probably the thing that pisses me off the most because it's individual mistakes not a feature of the system.

The German goal was rightly disallowed, Switzerland basically stopped playing because of the foul, so obviously that affected the play.

I do think Nagelsmann looks a bit stupid playing the same team as in the previous two matches incl. with players on yellows, when they may lose this match anyway and already Tah is going to be suspended for the 2nd round match and he may be followed by others. No need to make a mess of an entire tournament in a game like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad