Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
ANwl6ij.png

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lol haters gonna hate. No one was ever comparing him to Gretzky or Lemieux just saying he reached Gretzky & Lemieux’s playoff record breaking stats in this era, unbelievable accomplishment. Puts him over his comparables in Crosby, Ovechkin & Jagr. Still needs a Stanley Cup but has plenty of time to get it, will likely finish top 5 all time if he does.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Can we stop with the comparisons now? Conn Smythe also should have gone to a Panther, dude no showed in the last 2 games.
Oh, shut up already.

What is this crusade against McDavid on these boards? Now I'm starting to imagine how much whining and bitching there would have been about Gretzky, Lemieux, and all of the other legends had this place existed then.

How about we enjoy the amazing hockey players we get to witness in our lifetime?

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Meh. I still have him in what will be the Big 5 when his career ends. Gretzky didn't win alone either. He came close, but that was it.

I hope Connor gets his cup one day. It would be a great shame if he doesn't. I'm just happy he didn't humiliate the Florida boys by finishing the comeback to do it.

Marshmallow Man

Nov 6, 2020
Lol haters gonna hate. No one was ever comparing him to Gretzky or Lemieux just saying he reached Gretzky & Lemieux’s playoff record breaking stats in this era, unbelievable accomplishment. Puts him over his comparables in Crosby, Ovechkin & Jagr. Still needs a Stanley Cup but has plenty of time to get it, will likely finish top 5 all time if he does.
I don't know about plenty of time, in a 32-team league.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I feel like Gretz wouldn't have been doubled up on points by Dimitry Kulikov the last 2 games of the Cup finals though.
Sure. Going pointless in the last two deciding games is far from ideal. However, McDavid still had 42 points, the most since Lemieux.

Get him on a better team and McDavid wins multiple cups just like the other greats of the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad