Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins, 2024 - 2025 Season

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Dont know if you guys realize it, but FLOhockeytv took over streaming for a lot of leagues. It's a good deal. 150/year and you get just about any minor league to stream on demand. AHL, SHL, CHL leagues, NCAA, USHL, ECHL and a ton more. Its a way better value than how things had been.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Why in gods name is lombardi 4c and Watson on the 2nd line ... sounds like another excuse to overripe lombardi for another 2-3 years

So sad
Stacked roster and my guess is that they want Lombardi to play as center and Lombardi ain't pushing Kasper, Dries or Danielson out of their spots. And Lombardi is nowhere near to play in NHL.

If you want to complain, it's better to ask what Hanas is doing in the 3rd line? Why Rychlovsky isn't there or Becher or pretty much anyone else.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Stacked roster and my guess is that they want Lombardi to play as center and Lombardi ain't pushing Kasper, Dries or Danielson out of their spots. And Lombardi is nowhere near to play in NHL.

If you want to complain, it's better to ask what Hanas is doing in the 3rd line? Why Rychlovsky isn't there or Becher or pretty much anyone else.
I agree with you on Hanas, hes basically got 0 chance in detroit even if he goes off somehow for 50 pts in the AHL this season which wont happen

I checked prior to your msg to see where becher was playing cause I couldn't see him on the ahl website roster.

All that being said theres no excuse for Lombardi to be on the 4th line. Hes one of our top prospects if anything it's another yzerman fail to not have kasper up with the wings and danielson and lombardi up another notch.

I dont suspect it to last long as I expect kasper up asap but it annoys me hes not already there

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Looks like Cossa is giving us some hope in net. 14 shot shutout after one. Unfortunately we haven’t scored either

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Just for a bit of perspective as we inevitably pivot to being worried about Nate..last year I believe Kasper had 1 point in his first 9 games.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
On a WHL trip but wanted to take time tonight to see how Kasper responded to being sent down, and never did head over to the rink. I’m streaming 3 games so if I’ve missed something, apologies. I’ve caught most the GR game though.

Kasper is just playing at a different level. He’s the best player on the ice, hands down. This continues, they won’t have much choice but to recall him.

Wallinder likewise, has been the best dman on either team. He’s starting to really develop well. Had a great camp too. No doubt he should be ready by next fall. Maybe sooner. He’s much stronger than he was last year but remember, he had a good playoff last season, and last month of the season. So he’s been playing well for a stretch now, but he’s visibly stronger since the end of last year.

They gotta be real happy with where he’s at. Having him with Seider and Edvinsson, will make their D-core really hard to play against. They just take up so much ice and they can all move well, transporting the puck. I’ve always thought he might be the one they end up trading but the more he keeps playing like this, I’m not sure they’d be smart trading him. We’ll see though.

Austin Watson has also had a really good game.

Danielson is playing very well. He’s going to suddenly blow up in about 20 games. Watch. He’s just finding his way, playing against men, which everyone has to. Wasn’t gonna matter whether he did this in DET or GR. The production will just start coming, as he has some really good shifts, then not so much for 2-3 shifts. He’s not making the growth mistakes though. He’s still making the right play 90% of the time. That usually equals a very short stint in the AHL. They’ll probably wait until the points start coming, bring him up, and let him continue to develop in the NHL after that.

Like to see a little more from Lombardi. Cossa hasn’t really been tested at all. A couple times early but that’s it. Mazur has had a real solid effort as well, but yea, Kasper is on a different level than anyone else in this game. Several chances

He keeps this up, they’ll have no choice. It’s clearly visible, and after that game he played with Kane and Tarasenko, he’s on his way to being a Top 6 NHL C, and like soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad