Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022

534B7E55-C6CD-435D-830C-46AC526903BD.jpeg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
overpaying Lindgren

Yeah kind of my fear right now.

The success of this offseason kind of hinges on what they do with him. Any kind of extension and it’s a failure.

Now there are other things they can do that would also result in a failed offseason but that would kill anything instantly.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Wow, this is gigantic.

We always talk about these scenarios in the summer regarding bad contracts but we never see any of them come to fruition.

Im kinda shocked TBH. I mean it was all plausible but things like this just normally dont happen. The player, the bad contract. Other than a buyout theres really no other way to get out of these things.

Kudos to Drury for finding a way to get this done, maybe he pulled some strings for Grier to get him that gig out west and he cashed in the IOU?

Regardless this an A+++ move

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Tro was decent, but got more banged up and less effecitve as the series wore on. I mean, you could say that about anyone on the roster. I love Troch but we need bigger, sturdier guys around him for him to be most effective. On top of being a great player, he's a pest and needs some muscle around him to allow him to be at his very best.
Agreed....Tro was always in the middle of any "extra curriculars" that went on after the whistle and at one point, it seemed to me that Canes and Cats began targeting him because of his mouth. However, as you suggested, he's not built for that and needs the "backup".

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I was expecting this guy’s buyout ghost to be haunting our cap friendly page for the next several years so this is an excellent and unexpected turn lol.

Glory to the San Jose Sharks who sent their only begotten son (also the San Jose Sharks) to suffer greatly to redeem the sins of man (signing Barclay Goodrow to a 6 year contract)
dont blaspheme...

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
If they use this money to extend Lindgren it will be the dumbest avenue to arrive at that destination.

Yeah the paranoia can be real.

Know quite a few people who were pretty regular users who gave it up because it became too intense.
That stuff can bleep you up badly. Never have had an urge to use it. C'est la vie.

Giving Lindgren a long term extension would be a Ranger thing to do, which would be idiotic. He's going to be Dan Girardi 2.0 in a of couple of years. They need to use the cap space to make the team more playoff/Cup winning team capable.

Glad they didn't buy out Goodrow. You worry about the "deal" they made with San Jose to take him off their hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

The success of this offseason kind of hinges on what they do with him. Any kind of extension and it’s a failure.

Now there are other things they can do that would also result in a failed offseason but that would kill anything instantly.
I don’t know if I’d go as far as to say any extension is bad.

They need to understand that his time as Fox’s partner is over, and that he’s a 3rd pairing guy who gets first tier PK minutes. So what’s that look like?

He’s coming off 3/9. The max I’m going is 4/4. 2 year NTC. Limited in years 3/4. Money front loaded.

I like Lindgren. He’s still got value. But I want nothing to do with him past the age of 30

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I would be interested for one of the beats to be able to get details on why they decided to do a waiver claim, as opposed to just a straight trade for future considerations

Unless Goodrow didn’t approve of SJ and they said “too bad you’re going anyways”

effen

Feb 3, 2018

The more I think about it the less I think they're going to trade two top-4 guys after being a Final Four team. They're gonna think its too much change. I do think one of Lindgren or Trouba goes 100% of the time though.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013

Still atrocious writing, although slightly better than her last attempt.

“Mollie, who allegedly smoked the trees this afternoon, went on to write confusing a confusing article about the NY Rangers, the Post has learned.”

Should be

“Mollie smoked a pre-roll prior to writing an illegible article about the NY Rangers, according to sources at the Post.”

Edit: Mollie— in case you’re reading, sorry I don’t want to come across as mean, but cleaning it up a bit would do wonders for us readers.

Last edited:

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I would be interested for one of the beats to be able to get details on why they decided to do a waiver claim, as opposed to just a straight trade for future considerations

Unless Goodrow didn’t approve of SJ and they said “too bad you’re going anyways”
It's been speculated that Drury had a deal/agreement in place with SJ, but SJ is on Goody's 15 team no trade list. Waivers was the only way around it.

Breaded Fox

ZacJones=Cup
Nov 8, 2010
NJ
See ya BadRow! Obviously a good guy and was nice he actually showed up in POs . But the world always moves on.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
overpaying Lindgren
My mind wanders to somewhere in Amish country...

Brother Ryan, phone call!

Who is it, Brother Jonas?

It's the New York Rangers.

Tell em to hold on. Need to get this last 2 by 4 beam in place.

Brother Ryan, this could about a contract extension?

Brother Jonas, yes.

Brother Ryan, this could be big. This money could keep us going for generations to come. We are forever grateful.

I hope so, Brother Jonas. And maybe it'll get Brother Charlie to come here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad