Value of: Good RH PMD to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why do you think that? The guy has never played a game of North American hockey. Miller is a 23 year old proven 20 goal scorer

So by that logic, Auston Matthews isn't very good either.

Miller should top out as a second line winger. Buch has higher upside, more talent in almost every facet of the game, and while Miller had a good season last year, Buch could put up the numbers Miller had last season in his rookie season.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

Miller should top out as a second line winger. Buch has higher upside, more talent in almost every facet of the game, and while Miller had a good season last year, Buch could put up the numbers Miller had last season in his rookie season.

TBF, Matthews has played a game of NA hockey, so Laine would've been a better choice by you, but that's not important.

Miller ought to be more valuable than Buch though. I think you might be overrating Buch a bit.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

Yea and Gorton can call me at home and offer me a contract tonight.... Just because you like Buchnevich and name your username after him doesn't mean he is or projects to be better than Miller. Should probably watch pre season at least before you start claiming a prospect is more important to the organization than Miller.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yea and Gorton can call me at home and offer me a contract tonight.... Just because you like Buchnevich and name your username after him doesn't mean he is or projects to be better than Miller. Should probably watch pre season at least before you start claiming a prospect is more important to the organization than Miller.

You are right, my user name doesn't matter towards this discussion, but I think you don't know what you are saying if you think Miller has more upside than Buch. I can't think of a single aspect of the game, besides face-offs, weight and NHL experience where Miller has an advantage. It wouldn't be a surprise if Buch had a better season than Miller this season. Both are good players and have a lot of trade value, but Buch should have more value in a trade.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
You are right, my user name doesn't matter towards this discussion, but I think you don't know what you are saying if you think Miller has more upside than Buch. I can't think of a single aspect of the game, besides face-offs, weight and NHL experience where Miller has an advantage. It wouldn't be a surprise if Buch had a better season than Miller this season. Both are good players and have a lot of trade value, but Buch should have more value in a trade.

I disagree with you. They're similar in age and you already know Miller is a top 6 winger. For all we know Buchnevich can end up being a Burmistrov or even a Grachev. He is an unproven prospect. Miller plays a heavy game an scored over 20 goals at 22 years old, and definitely still hasn't reached his ceiling yet. Can Buchnevich become a game breaking talent? Maybe. Maybe not though.

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
Few things having read the backend of his thread...

1) Buch has more value than Miller, not sure how that's disputed. Albeit, Miller is a very valuable piece
2) I think Nash or a Miller would the forward moved for a RHD
3) I like the Montour idea - change the 2nd to a 1st and I think I would do it

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'd do Montour+ for Miller, since Montour is exempt. The '+' is negotiable.

I'd almost say it depends on how both players years go/when this trade is actually made.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Regardless of what bernmeister says, Stepan is not available after they moved Brassard. For the millionth time...

Not true.
We must repurpose his 6.5, and that NMC IS the nail in the coffin

for the umpteenth time.
you can ignore me at your peril
you will bend, buckle and break to reality... eventually... but you will.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Not true.

for the umpteenth time.

They aren't trading him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not true.

for the umpteenth time.

Bern, you had Brassard in every trade proposal, until his NTC kicked in. Now you do it with Stepan. Once his NMC starts, you will move on to Kreider to trade him before the clause kicks in.

Stop trading away players with pending clauses just because...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Bern, you had Brassard in every trade proposal, until his NTC kicked in. Now you do it with Stepan. Once his NMC starts, you will move on to Kreider to trade him before the clause kicks in.

Stop trading away players with pending clauses just because...

Bern loves Kreider too much to do that.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
McDonagh 4.7 x3 + Ranger 3rd in 2017, and NYR 4th in 2018
for
Trouba, [RFA = 0, but will result in savings for Wini since it is not paying Trouba 6 or more] + Jets 2nd in 2017, and Jets 3rd in 2018
cap is close enough

this deal was approved by Maukkis who underscored he would not recommend it to NY in a vacuum, and that moving Trouba, a 9OA, was not cut and dried either; however, his final conclusion remains, objectively, for Jets getting McD on that sweet contract, and the balance it provides adding needed LD to ample RD, it was worth it, even if it meant also losing on two separate picks exchanges; NY takes on more cap.

McD is ideal for Wini, which is RD heavy.
Rangers eliminate that McD can invoke protection clause soon, and this trade defeats that; acquire Trouba, who will cost more $ now but will be more cost effective later, but they get younger and also add in an area of need, unless he is flipped....

Completely disagree. Your theory excludes term. You may have convinced a message-board poster to agree with you, but I highly doubt that the GM of an NHL team that is building a young roster would agree to trade a 22 y/o RHD stud (that he can sign to a 6-8 year term) in exchange for an LD that is 5 years older and is only signed for 3 years.

They aren't equivalent assets, and the Jets aren't looking to get older.

Pass.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Besides Shattenkirk, the only potentially realistic guys I can think of are Trouba and Cody Ceci.

And I've seen nothing (aside from forum speculation) to indicate Trouba or Ceci are available. That probably leaves Shattenkirk as the best bet for the Rangers. I think that would be a good fit as well. Unless there is a RHD a tier lower we aren't looking at.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Rangers need a good RH PMD. Thats the only thing I think we need to become a contender. We can give up almost anyone on the team, besides McDonagh, Skjei, Stepan, Ziba.

All others without NMC's could be traded, but realize you aren't getting players like Kreider, Buch, Miller without giving up a very good player.

Ideally, I'd like to trade players like Nash, Zucc, Klein, Fast, McIlrath.

Also, Blues fans, lets try not to turn this into another Shatty to NYR thread. :laugh:

Why? Not trade for homeboy Kevin Shattenkirk. He probably makes the most sense for the Rangers any ways.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
And i would be curious what LHD the Rangers have the might entice Cheveldayoff, Probably none.

The Jets have Josh Morrissey on deck and ready to graduate at LD; they don't really even have any nearby need to move for an LD as such. The kid skates like a young Scott Niedermayer - his footwork is freakin' incredible, and the Jets are building largely from within.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Shattenkirk for Kreider, Girardi and a 2017 2nd.

Armstrong isnt stupid enough to take on girardi.

Kreider and a 2nd is arguably not enough to get shattenkirk alone (armstrong is probably looking for a player like kreider and at least a first pick, if not more) and throwing girardi into it when he has negative value makes the package worse.

Besides, armstrong would just re-sign shattenkirk at $7 mil before taking back a girardi/kreider package eating up $10 mil. Just makes no sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad