• Norway

• France

• Kazakhstan

• Italy

• Austria

• Great Britain

Results are only viewable after voting.

member 305909

Now that Belarus isn't there I hope Kazakstan gets relegated.

I also hope that GB stays up.

I'm sure that in the future they will expand the competition to 24 teams just to make sure that rich countries like GB, France, Italy, Austria, Norway etc are always going to be there. The game needs them more than Kazakstan or Belarus.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Looking forward to the tournament but must say I miss Russia there. I fully understand the reasons why they were kicked out and agree it was the right decision. Still, an international hockey tournament without them looks weird. Hopefully things will change and there will be battles with Russia on the ice rinks only.

Also, I hope the 2026 Olympics will finally be with the NHL participation, as Bettman promised this winter.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Swiss is getting Josi. Nashville is down 3-0

Mikael Granlund, Nashville's #1 center and TOI leader of forwards during the entire season is a GIGANTIC upgrade for Finland. I'm just hoping he has enough energy to join. Too bad about Saros being injured. Tolvanen is a small upgrade on the winger department as well as long as he can arrive to the tournament fast.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mikael Granlund, Nashville's #1 center and TOI leader of forwards during the entire season is a GIGANTIC upgrade for Finland. I'm just hoping he has enough energy to join. Too bad about Saros being injured. Tolvanen is a small upgrade on the winger department as well as long as he can arrive to the tournament fast.
Is not Markus Granlund injured aswell?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Is not Markus Granlund injured aswell?

He would be nice addition to the Manninen+Hartikainen line because they played in KHL all season together. He was named to the first WHC camp many weeks ago but since then no word has been said about him. If he would be healthy they would take him into the team. There's a very small chance that he will appear on the list when the roster is announced. It's a bit weird that reporters haven't asked a single question what's up with him. Nobody knows what's up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He would be nice addition to the Manninen+Hartikainen line because they played in KHL all season together. He was named to the first WHC camp many weeks ago but since then no word has been said about him. If he would be healthy they would take him into the team. There's a very small chance that he will appear on the list when the roster is announced. It's a bit weird that reporters haven't asked a single question what's up with him. Nobody knows what's up.
Or Granlund brothers together.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Or Granlund brothers together.

I think that Markus Granlund wouldn't be so high on people's list without the existing chemistry between him and Manninen+Hartikainen. He was probably the weakest part of that trio, so it's not a catastrophe that he most likely won't be in the final team due to his health status.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
CANADA ROCKS :fight:

hockey-canada2.jpg

Reactions: Mestaruus

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
I must say that the teams in this tournament don't look particularly strong. Likes of Dahlin and Barzal are likely the biggest names. We've seen in the past way more stacked teams.

Finland and Canada are the biggest favorites. Sweden is by rated by bookies not that far from the two. Being underdog suits them.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I must say that the teams in this tournament don't look particularly strong. Likes of Dahlin and Barzal are likely the biggest names. We've seen in the past way more stacked teams.

Finland and Canada are the biggest favorites. Sweden is by rated by bookies not that far from the two. Being underdog suits them.
Seider, Stutzle, Graubauer, S.Jones, Hischier, Meier, Ehlers, Hertl ... There is more players caliber like barzal or dahlin.. but i agree teams could be much stronger

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Finland has 2 registration slots open and they are waiting for star level or even superstar level players from the NHL. If Calgary wins tonight then Heiskanen and Hintz are likely. It could still be Barkov or Aho as well or Teuvo Teräväinen.

Reactions: Czechboy

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I created the thread so because I can't close the poll voting I'll post a screenshot of the poll results around the time the tournament started:

o7hRdCH.jpg

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Finland has 2 registration slots open and they are waiting for star level or even superstar level players from the NHL. If Calgary wins tonight then Heiskanen and Hintz are likely. It could still be Barkov or Aho as well or Teuvo Teräväinen.

Finland could use player(s) who can step up and make a difference. Now any player can score two points in a game but don't see anyone to do multi-point hauls which player like Aho is capable of.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Our dream got crushed, but maybe we got Haula + Määttä for the final 2 slots unless Dallas gets eliminated. Then it could be Hintz + Heiskanen.
Kinda happy about it since I was tired of speculation about two forwards ;)

Ofc Aho would've been nice but lets hope he wins rhe cup instead.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs got M. Kempny and will most likely be adding 2 more NHL forwards from this grouping:

Kampf, Nosek, Faksa, Chytil and Pasta is available but it seems unlikely due to injury.

member 305909

I spent a day in Tampere yesterday and the whole city-center was full of hockey-fans.

Unfortunately I couldn't help feeling that Tampere, despite being the second city of Finland, is just too small for an event like this.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I spent a day in Tampere yesterday and the whole city-center was full of hockey-fans.

Unfortunately I couldn't help feeling that Tampere, despite being the second city of Finland, is just too small for an event like this.
Tampere is definitely not a big city, even though its big for a Finnish city. I don't thinn the size is a problem though.

Reactions: Ippenator

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I would like to change my vote!haha

Anything is still possible. The fighting thing didn't sound like a good thing, but if Finland loses to Sweden tomorrow, Finland can be knocked down to #3, #4 of the group so Czech would miss on matching with the hardest teams on the QF. If Czech will get one of SUI or Canada, then that's just one game that they have to win and after that everything is reset. The disaster would be for Austria to knock out Czech from the tournament entirely. I don't hope that because that would create one more bad or uneven match in the QF round. Luckily Austria can't just go and beat Norway and Latvia any day of the year.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Anything is still possible. The fighting thing didn't sound like a good thing, but if Finland loses to Sweden tomorrow, Finland can be knocked down to #3, #4 of the group so Czech would miss on matching with the hardest teams on the QF. If Czech will get one of SUI or Canada, then that's just one game that they have to win and after that everything is reset. The disaster would be for Austria to knock out Czech from the tournament entirely. I don't hope that because that would create one more bad or uneven match in the QF round. Luckily Austria can't just go and beat Norway and Latvia any day of the year.
I'm not too worried about quarters at this point or Austria. Our road in front of us is clear.. Latvia next. Hope.pasta and kampf can help the guys hug it out.lol

Reactions: Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad