WC: Gold winner - poll - World Hockey Championships 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins the gold in 2022 WHC?

• Finland

• Canada

• USA

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Czechia

• Slovakia

• Germany

• Denmark

• Latvia

• Norway

• France

• Kazakhstan

• Italy

• Austria

• Great Britain

Results are only viewable after voting.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Would like to see the almost completed rosters before hazarding a guess on this. Don't see how anyone could make any sort of educated viewpoint on who is going to win the gold at this stage.

Reactions: illone84

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Would like to see the almost completed rosters before hazarding a guess on this. Don't see how anyone could make any sort of educated viewpoint on who is going to win the gold at this stage.
Indeed. Too premature. Let's see who is sending who.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
We have like 4 guys committed so far, I couldn't even begin to take a wild guess at our chances with only 15% of the team picked. I like the pre tournament pick threads but the timing is off.
Chabot is a beautiful start!

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Meh I'd always pick Finland no matter how good teams the opposition have. Its not like US or Canada will ice theit A teqm.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
waiting for the big countries to name their teams

Finland will announce most of the team if not all on next Sunday evening or on Monday afternoon. Finland's management team is still following how the NHL match ups will turn out. I'm not sure when rest of the top countries name their teams.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
All I will say is it'll be interesting to see just how important - or not - it is to have a solid top 4 D-man quality on the team. The Swedish team has pedestrian forwards and pedestrian goaltending. But, the team has a quite strong defense (Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Dahlin, Larsson, all very competitive D-men) to shore up the squad. The coach is lackluster, as usual in many hockey federations except Finland I would say.

I would have nothing against some upset that Switzerland or Germany finally win their gold that can help bolster their hockey roots some more. I certainly don't think Sweden will go far, unless other additions come as a joker out of the box after the first round in the NHL. There is a ton of Swedish NHL players bound up in the NHL playoffs right now.

All I know is future NHL additions will probably decide the winner so I cannot vote.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
All I will say is it'll be interesting to see just how important - or not - it is to have a solid top 4 D-man quality on the team. The Swedish team has pedestrian forwards and pedestrian goaltending. But, the team has a quite strong defense (Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Dahlin, Larsson, all very competitive D-men) to shore up the squad. The coach is lackluster, as usual in many hockey federations except Finland I would say.

I would have nothing against some upset that Switzerland or Germany finally win their gold that can help bolster their hockey roots some more. I certainly don't think Sweden will go far, unless other additions come as a joker out of the box after the first round in the NHL. There is a ton of Swedish NHL players bound up in the NHL playoffs right now.

All I know is future NHL additions will probably decide the winner so I cannot vote.

Even without first round of NHL being over we can already say that Sweden, Czech and Switzerland will be very strong. Completely up there with Finland as some of the gold favorites. Canada is still a question mark but I guess that they will have a strong team no matter what. It's the usual suspects. I would put USA as a favorite too but the truth is that they rarely or never win gold in WHC despite of their good rosters, but I guess that they have to win at some point. A dark horse after those teams, I'll say Slovakia.

Finland is playing Switzerland live now and Switzerland is looking better. 0-2 Switzerland's lead after 2 periods. These are not the final rosters for either team now but man I hope that Finland is getting some more NHL guys right at this moment. I trust on Finnish coach J.Jalonen, but it's going to be a hard grind of 1-0 hockey games for Finland again if we don't get more players from the NHL playoffs.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Even without first round of NHL being over we can already say that Sweden, Czech and Switzerland will be very strong. Completely up there with Finland as some of the gold favorites. Canada is still a question mark but I guess that they will have a strong team no matter what. It's the usual suspects. I would put USA as a favorite too but the truth is that they rarely or never win gold in WHC despite of their good rosters, but I guess that they have to win at some point. A dark horse after those teams, I'll say Slovakia.

Finland is playing Switzerland live now and Switzerland is looking better. 0-2 Switzerland's lead after 2 periods. These are not the final rosters for either team now but man I hope that Finland is getting some more NHL guys right at this moment. I trust on Finnish coach J.Jalonen, but it's going to be a hard grind of 1-0 hockey games for Finland again if we don't get more players from the NHL playoffs.

The US roster pretty poor even by their usual standards at the WCH. I think it's highly unlikely they're gold medal favorites unless a serious set of reinforcements come after round 1.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The US roster pretty poor even by their usual standards at the WCH. I think it's highly unlikely they're gold medal favorites unless a serious set of reinforcements come after round 1.

Well the likes of Patrik Kane have featured in the past WHC tournaments. I remember some pretty decent USA teams, but if you are comparing USA's WHC rosters to some best on best USA roster's then you are right. I'm comparing team USA's roster to what other teams usually have in a WHC tournament.

If you get a team full of NHL players, any NHL players who get to play the entire season in the NHL with decent to good minutes, then you already have a good team. Next it's important to have a good goalie and coaching for the team to be even better.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Finnish site listed the NHL players of each country so far. I copy pasted it so it has some Finnish words, but I think that you will understand the names. I guess that there's not much info about Canada yet by this site.

Finland:
Harri Säteri, maalivahti (Arizona Coyotes)
Henri Jokiharju, puolustaja (Buffalo Sabres)
Juho Lammikko, hyökkääjä (Vancouver Canucks)
Joel Armia, hyökkääjä (Montreal Canadiens)

Czech Republic:
Karel Vejmelka, maalivahti (Arizona Coyotes)
Filip Hronek, puolustaja (Detroit Red Wings)
Radim Simek, puolustaja (San Jose Sharks)
Jakub Vrana, hyökkääjä (Detroit Red Wings)
Dominik Simon, hyökkääjä (Anaheim Ducks)
Dmitrij Jaskin, hyökkääjä (Arizona Coyotes)
Tomas Hertl, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)

Sweden:
Magnus Hellberg, maalivahti (Detroit Red Wings)
Oliver Ekman Larsson, puolustaja (Vancouver Canucks)
Adam Larsson, puolustaja (Seattle Kraken)
Rasmus Dahlin, puolustaja (Buffalo Sabers)
Erik Gustafsson, puolustaja (Chicago Blackhawks)
Rasmus Asplund, hyökäääjä (Buffalo Sabers)
Emil Bemström, hyökkääjä (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Jonatan Berggren, hyökkääjä (Grand Rapids / Detroit Red Wings)

Slovakia:
Adam Huska, maalivahti (Hartford Wolf Pack / New York Rangers)
Tomas Tatar, hyökkääjä (New Jersey Devils)

USA:
Alex Nedeljkovic, maalivahti (Detroit Red Wings)
Jon Gillies, maalivahti (New Jersey Devils)
Nick Blankenburg, puolustaja (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Jordan Harris, puolustaja (Montreal Canadiens)
Caleb Jones, puolustaja (Chicago Blackhawks)
Seth Jones, puolustaja (Chicago Blackhawks)
Jaycob Megna, puolustaja (San Jose Sharks)
Andrew Peeke, puolustaja (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Nate Schmidt, puolustaja (Winnipeg Jets)
Riley Barber, hyökkääjä (Detroit Red Wings)
Kieffer Bellows, hyökkääjä (New York Islanders)
Thomas Bordeleau, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)
Sasha Chmelevski, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)
Alex Galchenyuk, hyökkääjä (Arizona Coyotes)
Adam Gaudette, hyökkääjä (Ottawa Senators)
John Hayden, hyökkääjä (Buffalo Sabres)
Sam Lafferty, hyökkääjä (Chicago Blackhawks)
Vinni Lettieri, hyökkääjä (Anaheim Ducks)
Karson Kuhlman, hyökkääjä (Seattle Kraken)
Austin Watson, hyökkääjä (Ottawa Senators)

Germany:
Philipp Grubauer, maalivahti (Seattle Kraken)
Moritz Seider, puolustaja (Detroit Red Wings)
Tim Stützle, hyökkääjä (Ottawa Senators)

Switzerland:
Dean Kukan, puolustaja (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Janis Moser, puolustaja (Arizona Coyotes)
Niko Hischier, hyökkääjä (New Jersey Devils)
Timo Meier, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)
Pius Suter, hyökkääjä (Detroit Red Wings)
Jonas Siegenthaler, hyökkääjä (New Jersey Devils)

Denmark:
Nikolas Ehlers, hyökkääjä (Winnipeg Jets)

France:
Alexandre Texier, hyökkääjä (Columbus Blue Jackets)

source:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finnish site listed the NHL players of each country so far. I copy pasted it so it has some Finnish words, but I think that you will understand the names. I guess that there's not much info about Canada yet by this site.

Finland:
Harri Säteri, maalivahti (Arizona Coyotes)
Henri Jokiharju, puolustaja (Buffalo Sabres)
Juho Lammikko, hyökkääjä (Vancouver Canucks)
Joel Armia, hyökkääjä (Montreal Canadiens)

Czech Republic:
Karel Vejmelka, maalivahti (Arizona Coyotes)
Filip Hronek, puolustaja (Detroit Red Wings)
Radim Simek, puolustaja (San Jose Sharks)
Jakub Vrana, hyökkääjä (Detroit Red Wings)
Dominik Simon, hyökkääjä (Anaheim Ducks)
Dmitrij Jaskin, hyökkääjä (Arizona Coyotes)
Tomas Hertl, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)

Sweden:
Magnus Hellberg, maalivahti (Detroit Red Wings)
Oliver Ekman Larsson, puolustaja (Vancouver Canucks)
Adam Larsson, puolustaja (Seattle Kraken)
Rasmus Dahlin, puolustaja (Buffalo Sabers)
Erik Gustafsson, puolustaja (Chicago Blackhawks)
Rasmus Asplund, hyökäääjä (Buffalo Sabers)
Emil Bemström, hyökkääjä (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Jonatan Berggren, hyökkääjä (Grand Rapids / Detroit Red Wings)

Slovakia:
Adam Huska, maalivahti (Hartford Wolf Pack / New York Rangers)
Tomas Tatar, hyökkääjä (New Jersey Devils)

USA:
Alex Nedeljkovic, maalivahti (Detroit Red Wings)
Jon Gillies, maalivahti (New Jersey Devils)
Nick Blankenburg, puolustaja (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Jordan Harris, puolustaja (Montreal Canadiens)
Caleb Jones, puolustaja (Chicago Blackhawks)
Seth Jones, puolustaja (Chicago Blackhawks)
Jaycob Megna, puolustaja (San Jose Sharks)
Andrew Peeke, puolustaja (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Nate Schmidt, puolustaja (Winnipeg Jets)
Riley Barber, hyökkääjä (Detroit Red Wings)
Kieffer Bellows, hyökkääjä (New York Islanders)
Thomas Bordeleau, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)
Sasha Chmelevski, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)
Alex Galchenyuk, hyökkääjä (Arizona Coyotes)
Adam Gaudette, hyökkääjä (Ottawa Senators)
John Hayden, hyökkääjä (Buffalo Sabres)
Sam Lafferty, hyökkääjä (Chicago Blackhawks)
Vinni Lettieri, hyökkääjä (Anaheim Ducks)
Karson Kuhlman, hyökkääjä (Seattle Kraken)
Austin Watson, hyökkääjä (Ottawa Senators)

Germany:
Philipp Grubauer, maalivahti (Seattle Kraken)
Moritz Seider, puolustaja (Detroit Red Wings)
Tim Stützle, hyökkääjä (Ottawa Senators)

Switzerland:
Dean Kukan, puolustaja (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Janis Moser, puolustaja (Arizona Coyotes)
Niko Hischier, hyökkääjä (New Jersey Devils)
Timo Meier, hyökkääjä (San Jose Sharks)
Pius Suter, hyökkääjä (Detroit Red Wings)
Jonas Siegenthaler, hyökkääjä (New Jersey Devils)

Denmark:
Nikolas Ehlers, hyökkääjä (Winnipeg Jets)

France:
Alexandre Texier, hyökkääjä (Columbus Blue Jackets)

source:

Jaskin is out for us .. didn't clear year end physicals in Arizona. I think we will get 2 more though after round 1 as a lot of Czechs are in battles against one another (Gudas vs Vanecek, Pastrnak vs Necas, Palat/Rutta vs Kampf/Kase, Rittich vs Francouz as backups).

Swiss have a beautiful group of reinforcements.

Swedes and US have very nice looking puolustaja!

Add Barzal to Canada - game changer!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Jaskin is out for us .. didn't clear year end physicals in Arizona. I think we will get 2 more though after round 1 as a lot of Czechs are in battles against one another (Gudas vs Vanecek, Pastrnak vs Necas, Palat/Rutta vs Kampf/Kase, Rittich vs Francouz as backups).

Swiss have a beautiful group of reinforcements.

Swedes and US have very nice looking puolustaja!

Add Barzal to Canada - game changer!

Your Finnish grammar needs to improve. It's like saying obránce but you really meant obránci. I remember to always Check my checkh grammar.

Last night wasn't good in NHL in hopes for some Finnish reinforcements. Many series turned into 1-1s, but at least Nashville is failing, so maybe Granny apples wants to come, but my fear is that 24 mins a game or what ever his crazy average TOI is means that he is too exhausted to come. No one in Nashville plays that much out of the forwards. Maybe he comes anyways. That would help a lot in building one of our top-6 lines.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
My dream final would be Finland - Switzerland. But unfortunately it never happens as
one of both is eliminated before the final game - mostly Switzerland - or they play against each other already in quarter- or semifinal.
But I predict Switzerland because Finland has never won anything if the WHC is held in Finland. I don't know why but may be it changes with Jukka Jalonen.

But I have nothing against if Finland wins the title again too.

member 305909

I really have to say that for the first time ever I'm more interested in the NHL-play offs than the upcoming world's even though none of the NHL-teams means anything to me.

No, my lack of interest in the worlds is not because Russia is not there. I fully support banning Russia from all international sport.

The competition itself just needs something of a revamp.

This time around, like every four years, it has the "not again" - feel about it as there was just the olympics a short time ago.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I really have to say that for the first time ever I'm more interested in the NHL-play offs than the upcoming world's even though none of the NHL-teams means anything to me.

No, my lack of interest in the worlds is not because Russia is not there. I fully support banning Russia from all international sport.

The competition itself just needs something of a revamp.

This time around, like every four years, it has the "not again" - feel about it as there was just the olympics a short time ago.
At least they will have fans in attendance. I have to admit that last year's WHC was pretty lame. I think this time around will be much more exciting to watch.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
My dream final would be Finland - Switzerland. But unfortunately it never happens as
one of both is eliminated before the final game - mostly Switzerland - or they play against each other already in quarter- or semifinal.
But I predict Switzerland because Finland has never won anything if the WHC is held in Finland. I don't know why but may be it changes with Jukka Jalonen.

But I have nothing against if Finland wins the title again too.
2016 WJC won gold in Helsinki with Jalonen as a coach. Ofc you meant mens teams but its a fun fact and gives a bit of hope.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
At least they will have fans in attendance. I have to admit that last year's WHC was pretty lame. I think this time around will be much more exciting to watch.

Yeah crowd is fully back in the international games in a new arena in a hockey crazy country. It will be great.

Hopefully they don't put the other group's tickets too high in cost where Finland doesn't play (=Helsinki) so there would be good atmosphere there too. In the past in Finland's home WHC they have done the mistake of putting the ticket prizes too high.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yeah crowd is fully back in the international games in a new arena in a hockey crazy country. It will be great.

Hopefully they don't put the other group's tickets too high in cost where Finland doesn't play (=Helsinki) so there would be good atmosphere there too. In the past in Finland's home WHC they have done the mistake of putting the ticket prizes too high.
I would've wanted to go watch any team Finland game but I didn't have 175+ euros to spend on a ticket. Also would need to get to Tampere as well but oh well. I bought cmore to watch all the games for 1/6 of the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: illone84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad