GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I think he is a real sleeper. The guy has the size and elite scoring ability. He will develop under Jay Pandolfo and I think he could become one of the best players in this draft
Has mike Hoffman vibes though

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So Montreal’s top brass wasn’t there. Scouts were. Hé ben. The top two teams that COULD draft him had their top brass there.

I mean, what else do you need? Habs know this kid won’t be available. They declined sending the top brass or even Brobov. They’ve got their sights on somebody else. That is what it’s telling me.

I am guessing they got their Come to Jesus meeting already. 10 days before the draft, they probably have their list by now.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Y'all be reading wayyyyy too much into completely irrelevant stuff.

Bobrov and the others were likely able to go see Demidov in person as per numerous reports this year. So they likely had less to gain there than other teams.

And Chicago completely overlooking Levshunov because they somehow didn't know Demidov was 6'1 is ridiculous.

You really think they were not aware of this fact? FFS, the agent straight up told Marc-Olivier f***ing Beaudoin on Twitter/X. You really think this is classified information and that the first one to get told that "scoop" by the agent was MO Beaudoin on Twitter?

Use your god damn head. Eveything that comes out right now has likely been known by organizations for weeks.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So Montreal’s top brass wasn’t there. Scouts were. Hé ben. The top two teams that COULD draft him had their top brass there.

I mean, what else do you need? Habs know this kid won’t be available. They declined sending the top brass or even Brobov. They’ve got their sights on somebody else. That is what it’s telling me.

I am guessing they got their Come to Jesus meeting already. 10 days before the draft, they probably have their list by now.
Or as Gorton said unlike Michkov, Habs have watched Demigod play live multiple times add to it Bobrov’s father as advisor for SKA - they likely have all the info they needed

Teams play all kinds of games leading up to draft - Det didn’t want Lidstrom showing up at 1988 draft to hide him from other teams and found a way to get his agent to distract him, Chi made sure their scouts were never to be seen at Parayko’s Junior B games prior to 2012 draft - Stanley was furious STL managed to grab him

Last edited:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Or as Gorton said unlike Michkov, Habs have watched Demigod play live multiple times add to it Bobrov’s father as advisor for SKA - they likely have all the info they needed
I thought of that one too. Apparently, someone from the org (presumably Brobov) saw him live. So didn’t need to go to that fake combine.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
There's lot of legitimate high quality first line / first pairing guys this year. I'd say at least minimum 10 guys clearly has this potential. Just have to draft the right one. Still not sure why some guys think it's not a high quality draft cause it is. Yeah the 2nd and 3rd overall are not as good as some years but the quality in the top 12 is uncommon.
Compare this to the 2018 draft, and as much as we hated selecting KK 3rd oa, he still remains the "best" C of that draft.. what a year to go all in on Cs.

Reactions: dcyhabs

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Still think we're drafting a defenseman and then making a trade for a forward right on the draft floor like with the Dach situation. Demidov and Lindstrom likely gone.

Wouldn't be shocked if we take Dickinson.
Tier 1:
Celebrini

Tier 1.5:
Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov

Tier 1.6:
Dickinson
Silayev
Iggy
Buium
Parekh

Tier 1.7:
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Eiserman
Catton

Tier 1.9:
Helenius
MB-N

any 2 of these players at this draft will be a success. Throw in Connelly in 2nd round for a chip and a chair.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Y'all be reading wayyyyy too much into completely irrelevant stuff.

Bobrov and the others were likely able to go see Demidov in person as per numerous reports this year. So they likely had less to gain there than other teams.

And Chicago completely overlooking Levshunov because they somehow didn't know Demidov was 6'1 is ridiculous.

You really think they were not aware of this fact? FFS, the agent straight up told Marc-Olivier f***ing Beaudoin on Twitter/X. You really think this is classified information and that the first one to get told that "scoop" by the agent was MO Beaudoin on Twitter?

Use your god damn head. Eveything that comes out right now has likely been known by organizations for weeks.
you need to fade kents face into the forehead hahaha.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
More underwhelming than when we drafted Reinbecker?

Yes because Reinbacher was the best defenseman in the class and a rare right shot defenseman with size and skating. Also a huge need for us.

This outcome would be to maybe draft better versions of Guhle or Hutson, adding to the deepest part of our team that is already a mess to try to figure out.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
He was hidden behind a plant :sarcasm:
lurking-creepyguy.gif

Call me crazy but I am warming up to Cole Eiserman.
i-like-you-youre-crazy.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is bad news for us. Pretty sure Chicago picks him.

Yeah we can't get him now. This combine was the worst thing to happen.

Would be great to have Demidov. But there are still Lindstrom, Iginla or Sennecke still available. Catton, as well. And in D, there could be Buium and possible Dickinson.

Habs will leave the draft with a great player at 5th.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Would be great to have Demidov. But there are still Lindstrom, Iginla or Sennecke still available. Catton, as well. And in D, there could be Buium and possible Dickinson.

Habs will leave the draft with a great player at 5th.

Lindstrom or Demidov changes our future.. the others I'd bet on Sennecke. Looks like other NHL teams believe that as well.

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
I’m also curious about chernyshov and surin height/weight and interview. The russian class is the most intriguing for us because they may be available at 26. They are different prospects of what we have (modern powerforward or pest/powerforward) and potentially playoff performer. Demidov is a dream, but chernyshov/surin are possible targets with our 26th pick (not yet traded)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad