GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

dauv

Sep 23, 2022

no not that one, this one

1718741835851.png

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
2018 Bobrov picked Kravtsov over Bouchard(Dickinson), Dobson(Buium).

Same year the Habs scouts picked KK over Tkachuk(Iginla).

:teach:
All Bouchard and Dickinson have in common is a big shot and playing defense for London. Totally different players.

The only things Tkachuk and Iginla have in common are strong board play and shot volume (and being sons of NHLers), otherwise they have totally different strengths.

Buium and Dobson are also extremely different players lol, these are some wild comparisons.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It isn't all it takes. Skill, size, speed, agility, shooting and aggressiveness , Iginla has all of those in good measures.

He's got great shooting, I don't know if his skill level is super high, people talk about his hands but they're not anything close to Sennecke or Demidov, size he's only 6 feet tall, he's average size. He's aggressive but the playmaking is fine.

I feel like he is getting an artificial bump here because we missed on Tkachuk so we are assuming Iginla will just do the same thing and I'm not so sure. Tkachuk had size and nastiness, Iginla doesn't have those genetic advantages and temperament at all.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's got great shooting, I don't know if his skill level is super high, people talk about his hands but they're not anything close to Sennecke or Demidov, size he's only 6 feet tall, he's average size. He's aggressive but the playmaking is fine.

I feel like he is getting an artificial bump here because we missed on Tkachuk so we are assuming Iginla will just do the same thing and I'm not so sure. Tkachuk had size and nastiness, Iginla doesn't have those genetic advantages and temperament at all.
Come on.. Sennecke can't handle the puck without having his head down most of the time.. I wouldn't compare him to Demidov and Iginla. It's not close to me.

Demidov is exceptional, then Connelly is pretty close, then you have Iginla, Helenius and Catton. That's my ranking without Celebrini on hands.

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

Chomsky22

Aug 1, 2022
I’m sure the big question you’ll get this week from NHL teams is how long until you come to North America. What are you going to tell them this week?

(Demidov asks his interpreter a question.) Yeah, I think it’s only a time. I really don’t know. (Demidov talks again with his interpreter. The interpreter says, “We’ll see what happens.”) Yeah, we’ll see what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs7631

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I’m sure the big question you’ll get this week from NHL teams is how long until you come to North America. What are you going to tell them this week?

(Demidov asks his interpreter a question.) Yeah, I think it’s only a time. I really don’t know. (Demidov talks again with his interpreter. The interpreter says, “We’ll see what happens.”) Yeah, we’ll see what happens.
Yikes, that's a real quote?

• Haha
Reactions: Habs7631

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Not considered small anymore.
English is good meaning his desire to come to NA is as stated.

Removing just those two questions from a debate that was being had WITH those questions is enough to flip the equation.

If you were dating two girls and you couldn't decide between them, then two of the things that gave you pause on one girl were now not an issue after further conversations, would that not give you your answer on who to pursue?

The size and ability to speak English shouldn't be new information for teams picking at the top. Just talking with Demidov's agent about Demidov during the year should have given them those kinds of information.

Demidov said his measurement of 5'11 was from a couple of years ago, so him being about 6'0 now isn't a sudden growth spurt.

I also really doubt that Demidov being an inch taller and being able to speak english a little bit moves the needle at all.

Reactions: Shred

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Come on.. Sennecke can't handle the puck without having his head down most of the time.. I wouldn't compare him to Demidov and Iginla. It's not close to me.

Demidov is exceptional, then Connelly is pretty close, then you have Iginla, Helenius and Catton. That's my ranking without Celebrini on hands.

What? That's not true at all. Sennecke was a smaller player and had his head up all the time, and still did as a taller player.

Iginla can't make a routine two on one pass if we are gonna exaggerate here.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017

You forgot the last part.

(Demidov talks again with his interpreter. The interpreter says, “I want to go Montreal.”) Yeah, I want to go Montreal.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
There’s 0 chance NHL teams drafting at the top didn’t already know about Demidov height and his English. This might be new to the media, but if billions dollars NHL teams didn’t already know this 10 days out of the draft I’d be surprised.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How about Iginla being a really f***ing good hockey player.

He's good, really f***ing good, I wouldn't go there yet. I find his game is getting ascribed all these things from his dad or Brady Tkachuk that aren't necessarily what we've seen on the ice.

I evaluate the player when I watch him. I don't care about his dad or that we passed on Brady Tkachuk and he was good.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

Interpreter is a paid SKA employee and Putin agent

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Interpreter is a paid SKA employee and Putin agent

Hah, that's what I was going to say. The interpreter is KGB and has a gun pointed at Demidov under the table. If he answers that way to all the teams he's meeting he'll be there at 5.

Whoever said he looks like a Russian Parise is spot on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad