GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
We get 1st overall in a draft without generational talent, then we proceed to pick at 5 in back to back seasons, just out of range of the top tier of forwards. We're clearly not meant to have elite talent up front, let's take the hint from the hockey gods and draft Buium at 5, then Cole Hutson at 26.

We'll just run 2 forward and 3 D on each line, who's gonna stop us?
I mean, We got slaf, and this draft doesn't have a generational talent either

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Usually, I tend to wait until the thing actually happens before I'm disappointed. Chicago will still want a strong defender to build around and this draft is one of the rares where they have multiple choices. They'll be bad again next year and maybe the one after, they have time to get another forward or three.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Should have tanked harder , but that would hurt poor suzuki and caufield , such superstars , how could they ever live through a full tank :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

You're suggesting having under-23 years old players suck on purpose to secure a high pick?

No team has even done this buddy. This is silly.

"Ya f*** that Slafkovsky guy. If he somehow sucked we could have gotten a Slafkovsky at the draft".

Come on.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Should have tanked harder , but that would hurt poor suzuki and caufield , such superstars , how could they ever live through a full tank :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

You know I love you, but that is not the kind of mentality you want to have towards your young players. You want the team to purposely stunt the growth of guy like Nick, Cole, Slaf, Guhle, Primeau, Newhook, Struble, Xhekaj for the sake of picking a spot or two higher?

It's always fun to see who can be available at 5 when you pick that high. But you should never lose sight of all of the young players/prospects who are there now. They're development and growth counts just as much.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Highly doubt the Habs aren't there. Seravelli only listed 3 Gms. You guys really think only 3 teams went to this combine? lol
Hughes was probably there but Seravelli just didn't recognize him. :)

KH.jpg

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014
Levshinov is officially 6-foot-1.75, taken at the regular combine, so Demodov should be around 6ft even by the looks of it, something like that.
If Levu is 6'2, Demi looks about 5'11 in that picture....let me get my iphone and get a better calculation :)

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad