GDT: Gold Medal game - Swiss vs Česko

Who wins the Gold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
what an unbelievable experience this was in the arena - so proud of our Czech boys! world champions after 14 long years!

big congrats to the Swiss team as well, they’ve shown great character throughout the tourney and can be proud of their (once again) phenomenal performance as well as for their big humility in defeat - loved the ‘warm‘ handshakes and hugs towards the end!

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Went to the pub to watch this one.

Just goes to show you that the best " team" wins these things......I hope everyone understands what I'm saying there. And here were two really good teams in this final today.

Congrats to the Czechs and their gang of fans here especially Czechboy, you and yours must be over the moon.

Condolences to all Swiss fans here, excellent team this year silver or not. OH and by the way....................I've already taken your teams number, we're gonna be after you guys hard now.....................bank on it, and you know what that means! TROUBLE with a capital T, you better seek refuge in the alps if you know what's good for you we're cmon for ya!! ;)

Great tournament, until next year all:thumbu:

And lest I forget Hadamczak...........................vindicated!!

See you at the olympics guys, you better be afraid lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Good on IIHF, even they noticed they were bad.
The whole broken clock right twice a day thing I suppose.

It was great to see a game with no major refereeing issues. Fantastic that we can simply focus on the merits of the game and don’t have to litigate game changing refereeing errors. I was worried about that before the game.

Partially and most importantly, this was because the referees were simply much better than in the Swe -Cz game, but partially also because both teams played very responsibly and gave the refs very few excuses to insert themselves into the game.

Last edited:

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Czechs have been in the final 8 times and won 7 times. Absolutely insane record. And not talking about Czechoslovakia here
Czechoslovakia never had a chance to be in a final I think, or maybe once. The country split as of 1 January 1993, and the knock-out stages with actual finals being played came in in 1992, if I remember correctly.. Since then, yes: if we do make it to the finals (which let’s face it does not really happen these days), we seem to tend to win.

Reactions: FinPanda

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Players satisfied with Silver will not win Gold. Imo non of the Swiss players have any interest in the Silver medal. They are good sportsmen so will graciously accept them but then those medals get put into a box.
That is simply not true for the vast majority of sportsmen. They play to win, they don’t play for silver, but once the disappointment of the loss subsided a bit they appreciate the great achievement. Even bronze - the Czechs with Pastrnak were very appreciative of the bronze they won against the US in 2022. First Czech medal in a while. Would you say that the Czech players who were in 2022 satisfied with bronze would not win gold? Because some of them just did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
ambuhl has to play till he's 50 it seems
1716774714916.png

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I watched the game despite early morning work commitments. Those were predictably painful but it was so worth it. Tonight I will have the earliest of early nights!

What a tournament, what a gold medal game. The Swiss played great and so did we. Very balanced game, event stat-wise (Cze - Sui 32-31 shots, 2-2 in terms of posts 😀). Obviously could have gone either way.

Fairytale ending for Pasta who was point-less after three games and some of us expected he saved the best for last. He’s a great kid who loves to play for our national team and will never turn down an invitation unless he is not available though Bruins commitments or injured. Very happy for him personally.

Tough break for the Swiss but with that team’s strength, they will definitely win in the future.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Footage from Old Town Square:

The same footage from other big and small towns across the country looks the same (Ostrava, Budejovice etc. I am sure Brno as well, just have not seen it yet). Absolutely brilliant. Everywhere people have come out and celebrate in the streets.

Budweis town square:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Fialia MVP was so deserved and they usually rather give that to the winning team's player, but it was a clear decision this time.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It was Josi for me personally and I absolutely loved how Fiala played. Him shhhing the Czech crowd after his shootout goal was amazing!

Josi's don't come by everyday. Very rare air the elite 2 way Dman that scores like a forward.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It was Josi for me personally and I absolutely loved how Fiala played. Him shhhing the Czech crowd after his shootout goal was amazing!

Josi's don't come by everyday. Very rare air the elite 2 way Dman that scores like a forward.
Josi got ripped off on the Norris when Makar won. Josi is like Hedman. Two best D men in the National League.

Reactions: pouf pouf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad