Who wins the Gold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Oh, cool. But not like in Kaufland or Lidl, right?

I know Zlaty Bažant used to be sold in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and maybe other Easter Euro countries too, where it was marketed as premium Slovak beer. That's a thing of the past in Russia and Belarus at this point I guess.
No, none of the regular discounters offer this beer. Though sometimes you can find some more or less exotic Czech and Slovak beers like Breznak (sp?), Branik Svetly or Gambrinus at chains like Trinkgut ("Drink well").

Reactions: Nowotny and jcbio11

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I believe Gudas speaks swedish and also Pasta of course. Any other Czechs?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Pretty disappointed in losing the final again but what can I say, best team won, enjoy your party and congratz.
Pasta saving his goal for when it counted the most is very fitting.

I can't really complain about anything, the effort was there, the PK was finally excellent, Genoni basically spotless, the battle between two airtight defenses was decided by an absolute monster of a goal scorer, not much more you could do when the Czechs has been super disciplined and stayed out of the penalty box.
Unfortunately, as I saw the play develop, I knew that Pasta would score. I have seen him score that same goal many times in the NHL: it‘s his marquee shot from his favorite position. If a player had to score the gwg vs Switzerland, I prefer it to be Pasta. He‘s a great kid and a great player, so I would say that it‘s very deserved. Congrats to him and again to the Czech Republic and all its fans.

Congratulations for Silver? The Swiss had all their best players. This was their best shot at Gold.
Yeah, we do appreciate medals: they aren‘t easy to come by. And we earn our best shots, so if you think that this is the last time we‘ll be knocking at the door, you‘re going to be disappointed. Book it.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Unfortunately, as I saw the play develop, I knew that Pasta would score. I have seen him score that same goal many times in the NHL: it‘s his marquee shot from his favorite position. If a player had to score the gwg vs Switzerland, I prefer it to be Pasta. He‘s a great kid and a great player, so I would say that it‘s very deserved. Congrats to him and again to the Czech Republic and all its fans.

Yeah, we do appreciate medals: they aren‘t easy to come by. And we earn our best shots, so if you think that this is the last time we‘ll be knocking at the door, you‘re going to be disappointed. Book it.
Players satisfied with Silver will not win Gold. Imo non of the Swiss players have any interest in the Silver medal. They are good sportsmen so will graciously accept them but then those medals get put into a box.

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
pasta.gif

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Went to the pub to watch this one.

Just goes to show you that the best " team" wins these things......I hope everyone understands what I'm saying there. And here were two really good teams in this final today.

Congrats to the Czechs and their gang of fans here especially Czechboy, you and yours must be over the moon.

Condolences to all Swiss fans here, excellent team this year silver or not. OH and by the way....................I've already taken your teams number, we're gonna be after you guys hard now.....................bank on it, and you know what that means! TROUBLE with a capital T, you better seek refuge in the alps if you know what's good for you we're cmon for ya!! ;)

Great tournament, until next year all:thumbu:

And lest I forget Hadamczak...........................vindicated!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00