GDT: Gold Medal game - Swiss vs Česko

Who wins the Gold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011

Rutta out... He was cemented on our top 4. Big loss for us. I don't disagree with the ruling but it sucks.
Too bad the blind referees (paid by Czechia) didn’t see it
IMG_0139.jpeg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Thanks, Swiss would be a great story too! They are 0 for 3 in Gold medal games and have had 2 recently. Czechs, no one really expected us to make a final anytime soon. So this is a nice cinderella run for us. Both are likeable here IMO (well, maybe not Gudas but I love him

No, it's definitely yours to lose.. better NHLers, chocolate and Josi!
Well I have been to a conference in Valtice where i discovered that Czechs definitely knows what they are doing when it comes to wine, we, on the other side, make white wine from Merlot grapes. You are the favourites, no discussions

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Czechs are favorite, we are the underdogs chasing for history

Hischier, Fiala and Josi are just three special players and it has been so good watching them playing to their potential this year

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
The Czech are undoubtedly the favorites. We‘ll try to upset them, but it‘s mission impossible, I think.
I like the Czechs (and not only because I buy their firearms! LOL), so even a loss would be (relatively) ok.
Hold your horses man, nobody is thinking we will smash you in the finals. But I really hope now, when the strengths are finally even (let´s admit in many previous WC games you were almost at full strength and Czechs not), we will manage to beat you and prove that we are still better than Swiss team. I read many articles about Swiss league domination etc., but all that people forgot about one thing, the Swiss league is a quality, but why? Mainly due to foreigner players, and also many Czech players. Money rules. And in young teams? There is no debate at all, we are dominating over Swiss. So I hope, we will prove it tomorrow. We are not at full strength, still missing some of our top players as Hertl, Chytil, Hronek or Jiříček, you are missing maybe Meier? But I really hope for a fair game. Good luck to you. Edit: Rutta suspended, ok, I really hope that karma will find each and every one of that stripped suckers and punish them as they deserve, disgrace!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I am LEGIT happy the Finn's finally get to ice their latest generation of superstars. I think it's atremendous group and I wish everyone luck in beating Saros with Heisk on D and all the forwards. You guys will be a nightmare!
Only reason for us Finns to be excited about it, we haven't seen our team best-on-best team like ever.

I do agree it sucks to leave teams out..

---

I don't even know who to cheer for here. Maybe Czechs because of the fans at the arena and @Czechboy

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Hold your horses man, nobody is thinking we will smash you in the finals. But I really hope now, when the strengths are finally even (let´s admit in many previous WC games you were almost at full strength and Czechs not), we will manage to beat you and prove that we are still better than Swiss team. I read many articles about Swiss league domination etc., but all that people forgot about one thing, the Swiss league is a quality, but why? Mainly due to foreigner players, and also many Czech players. Money rules. And in young teams? There is no debate at all, we are dominating over Swiss. So I hope, we will prove it tomorrow. We are not at full strength, still missing some of our top players as Hertl, Chytil, Hronek or Jiříček, you are missing maybe Meier? But I really hope for a fair game. Good luck to you. Edit: Rutta suspended, ok, I really hope that karma will find each and every one of that stripped suckers and punish them as they deserve, disgrace!!!!
Well, I am okay with either my team or the Czech Republic winning gold.

As for the quality of the Swiss league being good because there‘s a lot of good players in it, sure. It‘s the same for the NHL: they are the best because they can pay the best players.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I mean, yeah, obviously Rutta's elbow is worthy of a suspension. But talk about worst time to take one, in a WC final at home ice that could've ended up a very special memory in ones life.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Most (including Czech and Swiss posters) agree the standard was Canada, US and Sweden.
Sure, Canada and Sweden were expected to be strong contenders but I don't get this collective delusion that year after year expects the US to snatch gold despite never even making the final. Maybe it's because most users are North American but it is strange nonetheless.

I would also argue that with this team the Swiss have been considered to be among favorites all along, for a good reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad