GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • III (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Can we make Morin-Heatherington a pair since they're not playing abysmal, and leave Bowey-Hicketts for Russia's 4th line? Please?

GoldMedal10*

If you don't think that was a clear hook, then idk what to tell you :shakehead

lawrence

May 19, 2012
That was clearly a hook.

The Virtanen call was crap but the rest have been legitimate.

This defense has been awful, they haven't been able to adjust to Russia's outside speed, and then you have guys like Nurse, Bowey & Hicketts making bad plays.

I knew they shouldn't have cut Fluery.

wow... you know... everyone of our defencemen tonight have made one huge blunder.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Great game. Wouldn't expect anything less from the Russians. Canada has to come out strong. Can't sit back on the lead.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Bad, bad, bad pinches by Canada's defense all night. Bowey pinched earlier in the period, which lead to the 2 on 1 goal by Russia. Then at the end, the penalty was caused because *both* Nurse and Theodore decided it's a good idea to pinch in deep with less than 10 seconds left in the period.

Just dumb decisions are the cause of Canada's unraveling. Play simple hockey and half these chances don't happen.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
**** i hope Comrie is in net to start the third. I have no idea why Groulx didn't call a timeout when it was 5-3.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Can't really blame Fucale for two own-goals.

If he had any rebound control and was able to steer the puck to the corners rather than back out front then there would be no issue but this has been a problem for him for a number of years and no way should he have gotten the start after Comrie beat the US.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
This has been one of the most exciting games Ive ever seen.

It deserves at least 5 periods. 3 isnt near enough.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Hard to blame the refs on this one.

I don't know why Groulx didn't call a time out to settle everyone down. It doesn't make any sense.

The Last Baron*

Furcale is brutal. Hopefully he's not playing in the third.

Richter915

Feb 2, 2010
three major things

1.) Why the hell are our D-men pinching in with a 5-1 lead
2.) Where the hell is McDavid? Barely saw him in that period.
3.) The refs are a joke
um, mcdavid had a beautiful goal that period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad