GDT: Go to 11: Leafs @ Oilers - 7:00 PM. SNWest - Jan 16, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As long as Skinner keeps it at 2 or less I feel EDM can win this. They have had way more shot attempts and grade A chances.

Reactions: mkatcherin00

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Been saying this for a while, the bottom 6 needs a shakeup. They're depending way too heavily on the top 2 lines to score (like completely depending on them) and it's mostly been the top line lately. This just isn't sustainable to winning, bring up the Holloway/Lavoie duo and sit the likes of Erne and Hamblin for a few games. Do something to shake it up and add a different dynamic.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
That period was much more high event hockey than we witnessed on the road trip. Nonetheless, the Oilers ground down the Toronto defense after a poor first few minutes. Jones saved them a few goals that period with all the clear drives to net the Oilers had.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
With how good this game has been so far, it’s even more baffling how this isn’t a nationally televised game

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
After the 1st 5 min the Oil took over! Oil need to find thier offense once again.

I'd do anything to have Jenner center the 2nd line have Leon on the RW.

Otherwise a Chychrun upgrade over Ceci.

Sign Perry and play Holloway and Gagner full time.
I'd love Chychrun here. That's an affordable contract too for 2 years. He plays the right side although like Ekholm he's better on the left. That's a bit concerning but I'd still pull the trigger there

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think the levee will break this period. We looked pretty good later part of period.
As usual, trust the process. Maintain an advantage in shots and quality chances and we should win. Running around trying to be a hero probably sinks the team. McDavid can do what he wants though

Reactions: Oilers in NS

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Been saying this for a while, the bottom 6 needs a shakeup. They're depending way too heavily on the top 2 lines to score (like completely depending on them) and it's mostly been the top line lately. This just isn't sustainable to winning, bring up the Holloway/Lavoie duo and sit the likes of Erne and Hamblin for a few games. Do something to shake it up and add a different dynamic.

The bottom 6 has been an issue since Holland took over.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Draisaitl's having a solid two-way game. 4 takeaways 83% face-off. Gotta get this guy more shot attempts.
He needs a passer on his line bad. RNH is ideal- but no way can you break up that top line. Kane looks like he is breaking down already. I’d trade him at the deadline

Reactions: Duke74

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Matthews was next level in that period.

Leafs are super leaky. 2 more periods like that and we'll take this game.
Next level? Lol.lol.lol. more like he shot at an empty net and oilers had their horrible first period after a road trip

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
He needs a passer on his line bad. RNH is ideal- but no way can you break up that top line. Kane looks like he is breaking down already. I’d trade him at the deadline
If he has a groin issue, which some media guys are saying, he should be sitting and healing up

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad