GDT: [GM75] Canucks @ Golden Knights | Tue. Apr 2nd, 7:00pm | SNP | On the Road Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I've been on this train before, but NHL teams (well, contenders I suppose) should really be getting ahead of the curve and doing load management all season.

The playoffs are really a battle of attrition and health. You want guys healthy going in. I think every competitive team should be rotating basically everyone outside of their 1D and 1C to keep them fresh. A rested, healthy, raring-to-go Quad-A guy is IMO going to be more effective in-season than a banged-up bottom-sixer or 3rd pair player anyway.
They should try to sit Hughes and see how the team does.
Nothing against Blueger, Aman and Suter, who've all filled in at the center position down in the lineup. But collectively they're not going to strike terror into the hearts of their opponents in the offensive zone.

Lindholm, on the other hand, when he gets back automatically makes the third line somewhat more of a scoring threat. And as we've seen in the playoffs, it's often the unheralded third and fourth liners who make the most impact.
Lindholm could be the center of the Pettersson line.

EP - EL - BB hopefully something like the 6-40-9 line
CG - JTM - DJ that line was good with Blueger it should be better
NH - SL - IM should have speed
VP - PS - TB enough experience to keep the puck out of the net
Lafferty is really turning up the effort level
Hoglander has an injury, the slowest he has skated in two years

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Yep. Still no Demko sightings yet. No news yet. Just the coach saying "I think", "we would play him some games", "I would like him to play a few games before", "knee, knee, knee". What was wrong with his knee? No limping, no problem lifting either pad over the bench, so what is it wrong with his knee, which one?

Just wait. If it is his hip it can be frozen to play but they would have to save it for playoffs then another operation. Schneider, almost the exact same time lines and injury descriptions during the season.

I don't think Demko plays more than two games. Then they can act surprised. It's not like they can do much at this time but every team he faces will now make him move left and right even more.

So Vegas is on a roll with guys coming back from injuries. They want home games and there is an outside chance of finishing 1rst and better for 2nd. They have a very easy schedule.
Vancouver just played what should have been a very easy game, it isn't like they have been world beaters and were surprised by Anaheim, that was a struggle.
This game could be defining.

Vegas 7 Canucks 3
Demko won’t be eligible to play until April 6th against LA. He’ll back up for that game and play next Monday against Vegas at home. He probably plays 4 of the 5 games remaining then and sits for that one Calgary game.

If it was his hip again he wouldn’t be close to returning at all. I’ve never seen someone injure their hip (let alone someone who has a history of hip problems) return to play within a month.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Demko won’t be eligible to play until April 6th against LA. He’ll back up for that game and play next Monday against Vegas at home. He probably plays 4 of the 5 games remaining then and sits for that one Calgary game.

If it was his hip again he wouldn’t be close to returning at all. I’ve never seen someone injure their hip (let alone someone who has a history of hip problems) return to play within a month.
4 to 6 weeks

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019

I'm a doctor and while I don't generally find it responsible to speculate on people's health publicly, my two cents from watching him is it's his knee. I have never seen a groin or hip injury that didn't alter gait and Demko was fine with that in the brief clips we have.

Again though, could be anything, we really can't truly know, other than to say the team docs would be fired if they let a franchise goalie play on a significant groin or hip injury. So this isn't likely significant or serious

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I know he’s just stepping in because Lindholm is out and Boeser left practice for a bit, but I’ve seen enough Bains this year. I’d much rather have PDG bang dudes and chaos mayhem on the forecheck on the 4th line.

Agreed. I really don't understand why Bains is getting so many gifted opportunities in the top six when it took forever and a day for Tocchet to finally move Hoglander up. Nothing Bains brings right now warrants it. The kid definitely has a future but not right now.

Reactions: Tact and geebster

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Agreed. I really don't understand why Bains is getting so many gifted opportunities in the top six when it took forever and a day for Tocchet to finally move Hoglander up. Nothing Bains brings right now warrants it. The kid definitely has a future but not right now.

Desperate to find some depth offensive pop somewhere, I'd imagine. Hoping some of Bains' recent AHL scoring will translate, but it hasn't.

Offense has really dried up for Lafferty and PDG has been a bit of a blackhole all season. Aman just doesn't have the offense at the NHL level.

Suter is needed at centre with Lindholm out, but I'd expect him to swap back into the top six (or Lindholm) if everyone is healthy.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC

4dn5lsllh6k41.jpg

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I hope the Canucks try playing Silvos and Topolio.

I have a feeling they will need a Hill, Binnington, Roy, Ward, Murray or bubble Demko again, you get the idea, for the playoffs.

Any of the last games could be a preview of a playoff match up.
If any of these team are locked in then the Canuck might see a team that is resting a bit before the big push. Mind you that could be the Canucks now.

All these line changes and sitting out of players is really odd if they don't have boo boo's.

Ummm, what? They are going to sit Demko and DeSmith for Silovs or Topolio in the playoffs?

Are you high 24/7 ... ? I'm jealous. :laugh:

1712085279358.png

Just saying you come up with some pretty outside the box thinking.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

I did a bit of rudimentary digging online about NHL refs and accountability. The best I could find is some insiders saying yeah everything is reviewed and there are consequences. But no one will let the public know.

So basically, yeah, refs are being held accountable, but we're not gonna tell anyone about it, you just gotta trust us. If that's not enough how bout a pinky swear and a boy scout pledge? Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Oh wait hang on, let me bust out my invisible typewriter.
liar-the-simpsons.gif

Reactions: supercanuck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With a max of 16 games in 1 night, I'm guessing that there are the equivalent of 18-20 crews to ensure enough coverage for all of the games.

In the PO, 8 series, so only half would make it through. Maybe they keep 12 crews to ensure that there is a backup ref in the event one gets hurt in a PO game thus they can continue on with 2 officials.

End of the day, are there enough officials that are going to graduate from the AHL, CHL, NCAA or even Europe that you can constantly be bringing in 3-4 new crews a season and turnover the officiating group of the poor performing ones that would be a clear improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad