GDT: [GM75] Canucks @ Golden Knights | Tue. Apr 2nd, 7:00pm | SNP | On the Road Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If Demko wasn’t injured he probably would’ve separated himself from others for the Vezina. Both Bobrovsky and Hellebuyck have been dog water the last couple of weeks and Demko still leads them in wins.

If Demko returns as soon as April 6th, and wins 4 or so games, I have a hard time thinking he doesn’t win the Vezina but of course GM’s outside of the pacific probably have no idea how good this guy has been.

The guy literally has 13 regulation losses.

Have a fresh Demko come playoff time

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Time to start treating these final few games like a playoff game. Make Aquaman proud!
The best i can do is Mermaid man
1712002632614.png

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I hope the Canucks try playing Silvos and Topolio.

I have a feeling they will need a Hill, Binnington, Roy, Ward, Murray or bubble Demko again, you get the idea, for the playoffs.

Any of the last games could be a preview of a playoff match up.
If any of these team are locked in then the Canuck might see a team that is resting a bit before the big push. Mind you that could be the Canucks now.

All these line changes and sitting out of players is really odd if they don't have boo boo's.

Reactions: Indiana

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I hope the Canucks try playing Silvos and Topolio.

I have a feeling they will need a Hill, Binnington, Roy, Ward, Murray or bubble Demko again, you get the idea, for the playoffs.

Any of the last games could be a preview of a playoff match up.
If any of these team are locked in then the Canuck might see a team that is resting a bit before the big push. Mind you that could be the Canucks now.

All these line changes and sitting out of players is really odd if they don't have boo boo's.
They played Silovs last night and if Tolopilo sees NHL ice... I think we're in big trouble.

Reactions: theguardianII

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I really hope they keep Lindholm out until the last 2-3 games of the season let that wrist heal. I was watching Lindholm on the power play in Calgary and how he and Horvat score on the power play is not that different. They both mainly setup in the bumper spot. Horvat is better at finding the soft spots and getting his shot off in the slot but Lindholm is not bad at it. Lindholm was better at deflecting puck and being a net front presence than I thought (see his first game). Lindholm also gives them more versatility on power play the same way Miller is good coming down on the left side Lindholm can do on that on the right side. It think he is the key to unlocking the power play with the right scheme of course.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Looking forward to seeing how this team fares against Vegas and the tougher opponents to see how they respond - and IF they can raise their intensity. Will also be interesting to see how Pettersson competes because despite the point totals this season, he's been extremely frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Rick Rocket

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Although the results down the stretch have been up-and-down, the underlying advantage is that Tocchet has been able to give some of his key players some 'maintenance days" not only for practices, but even a few game scratches.

Let's face it, if the Canucks were life-and-death to make the playoffs, guys like Lindholm would probably be playing. And they'd probably have rushed Joshua back early.

But players like Cole, Juulsen and Zadorov have been in and out of the lineup. And they've rested Pettersson, Miller and now Boeser on some practice days.

You hope that their 'load management' strategy will reap dividends in the playoffs.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
They played Silovs last night and if Tolopilo sees NHL ice... I think we're in big trouble.

Silovs had good and bad moments in his game, and I think he’ll get one more against Arizona pretty shortly. After that, should be Demko and DeSmith the rest of the way.

It would be great if the games with the big club gave Silovs a shot of confidence going back to Abbotsford. I imagine if Abbotsford doesn’t have a long playoff run, that Silovs will get a call from Latvia for the WHC, too.

Reactions: bh53

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Although the results down the stretch have been up-and-down, the underlying advantage is that Tocchet has been able to give some of his key players some 'maintenance days" not only for practices, but even a few game scratches.

Let's face it, if the Canucks were life-and-death to make the playoffs, guys like Lindholm would probably be playing. And they'd probably have rushed Joshua back early.

But players like Cole, Juulsen and Zadorov have been in and out of the lineup. And they've rested Pettersson, Miller and now Boeser on some practice days.

You hope that their 'load management' strategy will reap dividends in the playoffs.
I've been on this train before, but NHL teams (well, contenders I suppose) should really be getting ahead of the curve and doing load management all season.

The playoffs are really a battle of attrition and health. You want guys healthy going in. I think every competitive team should be rotating basically everyone outside of their 1D and 1C to keep them fresh. A rested, healthy, raring-to-go Quad-A guy is IMO going to be more effective in-season than a banged-up bottom-sixer or 3rd pair player anyway.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Nothing against Blueger, Aman and Suter, who've all filled in at the center position down in the lineup. But collectively they're not going to strike terror into the hearts of their opponents in the offensive zone.

Lindholm, on the other hand, when he gets back automatically makes the third line somewhat more of a scoring threat. And as we've seen in the playoffs, it's often the unheralded third and fourth liners who make the most impact.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Yep. Still no Demko sightings yet. No news yet. Just the coach saying "I think", "we would play him some games", "I would like him to play a few games before", "knee, knee, knee". What was wrong with his knee? No limping, no problem lifting either pad over the bench, so what is it wrong with his knee, which one?

Just wait. If it is his hip it can be frozen to play but they would have to save it for playoffs then another operation. Schneider, almost the exact same time lines and injury descriptions during the season.

I don't think Demko plays more than two games. Then they can act surprised. It's not like they can do much at this time but every team he faces will now make him move left and right even more.

So Vegas is on a roll with guys coming back from injuries. They want home games and there is an outside chance of finishing 1rst and better for 2nd. They have a very easy schedule.
Vancouver just played what should have been a very easy game, it isn't like they have been world beaters and were surprised by Anaheim, that was a struggle.
This game could be defining.

Vegas 7 Canucks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad