Post-Game Talk: [GM20] Canucks lose to Avalanche | 2-5 (Hoglander & Miller) | Ref Show

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Welp

Was hoping for a win, didn’t get one……can we beat Colorado in a 7 game series…….yay it’s very possible and that’s gonna have to be good enough for me

Let’s move onto the next one and hopefully we can get ourselves another defenseman at some point

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think we need to temper expectations. This team isn’t going to go anywhere with the D core that we have. It’s barely serviceable when healthy.

I mean the team had one of its best starts in its history with the blueline.

Ebbs and flows.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think we need to temper expectations. This team isn’t going to go anywhere with the D core that we have. It’s barely serviceable when healthy.
Most of us were hoping for a playoff birth as a wildcard team. Perhaps win a game or two in a playoff series.

This team was never going to contend unless more improvements were made. They can play well but the theme continues...they need elite goaltending to stay in games and don't have the horses on D to shut things down.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I am starting to wonder if I myself overrate our star players.

I don't know about that. Colorado is just a better team in general.

Both teams have a weak bottom half of the roster but Colorado's top third or so is about as good as it gets.

The only thing is, our two best forwards behave like petulant children when things aren't going their way. The coaching staff has mostly taken it out of Miller, now it's Pettersson's turn.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
to be honest more players should do what hronek just did the last 30 seconds lol

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Overall I am happy with the way the team played. I dont think the Canucks had too much puck luck in this one.

Pettersson, Kuzmenko and Boes need to find a way to bump their slumps.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A disappointing result....but holes are starting to appear in the Canucks game.....sort of inevitable for team that's beaten expectations so far this season.

They needed more from Demko, who was clearly the second-best goalie on the night. And Pettersson has to be considered to be officially in a slump. He's overhandling the puck in danger areas and consistently getting stripped. Might be time to shake up that line with Kuzmenko and Mikheyev.

Fact is the Canucks are having real trouble five-on-five. And if their PP doesn't score they're in trouble.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Mikheyev is the silent perpetrator on that line, he's not contributing like he should be either.

I actually think Kuz has been trying at both ends but he's been usurped by Brock in the bumper on the PP.
The need to take Mikheyev off that line.Hoglander should be on it.Starting to see Brock looking like crap again,streaky scorer that can't skate .

Reactions: mossey3535

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
watching this game is like watching what not to do in a playoff game.

Colorado is not the same team that won the cup.

They lost 2c Kadri and ones of the better 2 way wingers in the game in Landeskog.

They are essentially a 1 line team.

Both Drouin and Johansen has not really given them much.

First Avs are not a physical team, why would we try to play a no hitter style game and not be more physical?

Vegas basically bullied the Avs back in 2021 playoffs.

We get 5 min major and we don't even take advantage of it. Like how do you not make sure you don't take any penalties and pad goals?

Game was tied 2-2, and we start the 3rd period backed up in our zone and allow some one like Tufte to score on us, that's his 2nd career goal.

We continually pass it around the perimeter and aside maybe Miller, all our forwards are soft and pond hockey.

Any physical playoff team will run the canucks out of the building in 7 game series.

Soft, mistake prone, and no killer instinct is the identify of the canucks.

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad